Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016 Recruits

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    This is a good direction for the program and all we need now is the LOI. He should be healed by next October.
    This addition will allow Nagy to go back to a more "traditional" type line-up next year. Daum can move to a Dykstra-type 4 where he can be a beast and Telly can move to the 3 where he can provide big match-up problems for a lot of teams. Now if a JUCO guard could be added who can step right in and provide minutes next season, it could be an interesting group with Gentry and Dykman also coming into the mix.

Comment

He was hurt on a hook-and-ladder play as time expired. Ugh...http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburb...109-story.html

Comment

Welcome to the family Loudon!

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          Does he know nagy has either looked or had his name considered for for other jobs the last few years?
          Provide me one shred of evidence that Nagy has gone looking for another job. When other jobs have come open, names are always tossed around, but aren't encouraged by the coach. Why look at the (possible) negative. A good recruit has committed. It looks like we may have gotten a steal. Time for joy, not for sorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
            Provide me one shred of evidence that Nagy has gone looking for another job. When other jobs have come open, names are always tossed around, but aren't encouraged by the coach. Why look at the (possible) negative. A good recruit has committed. It looks like we may have gotten a steal. Time for joy, not for sorrow!
            ^^^^^This.^^^^^

I hope recruits are not aware of fan message boards!

Comment

Excited to see Loudon in a Jacks uniform, for sure! Welcome aboard Loudon!
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu_drake View Post
                I wonder what his build will be after he concentrates only on basketball. He has a football build now but I don't expect him to be a Forbes but a strong post that has a good touch around the hoop. NDSU has had success with simular post players it will be nice to have one of our own to battle with them
                I don't see him losing much from his size based on his frame. He could be a force in the Summit League.

According to http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...713-story.html, he was 6'8", 285-290 pounds back in July.

Comment

Nice job coaches! This is an exciting development!
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    This addition will allow Nagy to go back to a more "traditional" type line-up next year. Daum can move to a Dykstra-type 4 where he can be a beast and Telly can move to the 3 where he can provide big match-up problems for a lot of teams. Now if a JUCO guard could be added who can step right in and provide minutes next season, it could be an interesting group with Gentry and Dykman also coming into the mix.
                    Don't forget about Tyler Flatten. He's got talent.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                      Don't forget about Tyler Flatten. He's got talent.
                      Skyler

Comment

Does he know nagy has either looked or had his name considered for for other jobs the last few years?
                        Looked? I've seen reports he has actually turned down 1 if not 2 of the jobs he has been mentioned for.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                          Looked? I've seen reports he has actually turned down 1 if not 2 of the jobs he has been mentioned for.
                          It seems he is listening to those offers and didnt he look a couple years ago after wolters left? Not saying he is actively looking to leave but he is probably going to entertain offers if its the right fit. I sure hope he stays.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

It seems he is listening to those offers and didnt he look a couple years ago after wolters left? Not saying he is actively looking to leave but he is probably going to entertain offers if its the right fit. I sure hope he stays.
                            He's been here a long time, Brookings is home he has the full support of the AD which allows him to run the program his way. Anything can happen, but at this point in his career I think Nagy is pretty happy.

Comment

Oh he is happy here. I hope he brings Dad Dick Nagy with to harass the refs. That has to be the real show.
                              Last edited by Nidaros; 11-20-2015, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                                He's been here a long time, Brookings is home he has the full support of the AD which allows him to run the program his way. Anything can happen, but at this point in his career I think Nagy is pretty happy.
                                I think so too. Frankly I think we are lucky we have the 3 big sport coaches we have and how long they have been here and doing it all with just 1 year contracts.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X