12/9 St. Louis Billikens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 12/9 St. Louis Billikens

Think about this, we have played some down right awful basketball at many times this year and yet here we are at 5-3 with one game left until we get our starting point guard back. That 5-3 record is so close to being 7-1 it's painful, but that pain is relieved knowing that we've grown from those losses as evidence by the grit displayed last night. I believe last night's team would've pulled out the Buffalo and Idaho debacles, I expect us to run by Idaho at Frost Saturday.

Comment

[QUOTE=westernjack;264062]
      Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      A road win is a valuable win. Tyler M: We had 16 turnovers in the first 24 minutes but had only 4 in the last 6 minutes.

This made me laugh. 4 in 6 minutes is the exact same ratio as 16 in 24.
      Yeah, my typing error. It's difficult keeping up (typing) with the speed of the interview. I'll go back and note a correction just in case someone new is reading.
      Last edited by JackJD; 12-10-2014, 07:05 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=JackJD;264081]
        Originally posted by westernjack View Post

Yeah, my typing error. It's difficult keeping up (typing) with the speed of the interview. I'll go back and note a correct just in case someone new is reading.
        Record it on your iphone then translate.

Aren't you a lawyer by trade?

Comment

[QUOTE=MontanaRabbit;264088]

Aren't you a lawyer by trade?
          Transcribe?

Comment

[QUOTE=slosho;264099]
            Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

Transcribe?
            Transmogrify?
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post

Transcribe?
              I'm an engineer. I don't know no words like that.

Maybe some of us don't speak english.

Comment

[QUOTE=MontanaRabbit;264088]

Nah, I'll pass. Some people are interested in the post-game interview and I attempt to get it down while its going on. It's an imperfect way to do it (easier to just skip it!).

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                  I would find it very difficult to play for or have my son play for Nagy. Coach seems to really break down the kids during the game. In my humble opinion he needs to build them up a little more during the game and save the butt chewing for the locker room or during practice. However, he seems to get the kids to play hard for him and bottom line is they win regardless of the frowns, comments, foot stomping etc.

Nice win last night against a formidable opponent on the road.

GBGBGJ
                  I can see where people get that and I've had that same feeling at times. I've had the pleasure of getting to know a lot of players very well over they years and they all have tremendous respect for Coach Nagy. He cares deeply about those kids and they know it. He refuses to settle for mediocre play and wants the best out of them. As fans, we get to see the on the court product. I've attended practices, and been around the team off the court and that is where you get a sense of their relationship and I have a whole new respect for Coach Nagy and his staff. They are not only good coaches but good men and they are turning out good basketball players that go on to be great men. IMHO that's what it is all about.

More than anything I feel bad for Coach Nagy's right foot when he goes on those stomping tirades. That has to hurt!

SUEPRBUNNY
                  Last edited by SUPERBUNNY; 12-12-2014, 10:42 AM. Reason: spelling
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                    I can see where people get that and I've had that same feeling at times. I've had the pleasure of getting to know a lot of players very well over they years and they all have tremendous respect for Coach Nagy. He cares deeply about those kids and they know it. He refuses to settle for mediocre play and wants the best out of him. As fans, we get to see the on the court product. I've attended practices, and been around the team off the court and that is where you get a sense of their relationship and I have a whole new respect for Coach Nagy and his staff. They are not only good coached but good men and they are turning out good basketball players that go on to be great men. IMHO that's what it is all about.

More than anything I feel bad for Coach Nagy's right foot when he goes on those stomping tirades. That has to hurt!

SUEPRBUNNY
                    a solid +1 to this quote!

Comment

Originally posted by 3ptJackrabbit View Post
                      a solid +1 to this quote!
                      I'll chime in with rep as well! Good post SB.

Comment

Working...
                      X