12/9 St. Louis Billikens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 12/9 St. Louis Billikens

A road win is a valuable win. Tyler M: We had 16 turnovers in the first 24 minutes but had only 4 in the last 6 minutes.

Deondre Parks is the post-game interview.
    BIG WIN FOR YOUR SQUAD. Yeah, they were physical, we fought back and got ourselves back into the game.
    THEY'RE GOOD DEFENSIVELY. We weren't prepared the first half but put it together in the second.
    My team depends on me to make plays...I split them, open lane and it went in. HOW HARD DID YOU HIT? Pretty hard, teammates picked me up (Apparently hurt or bent a finger).

EDIT: ADDED LATER...my error in typing. Tyler said we had 16 turnovers in the first 24 minutes but only 4 in the last 16 (not six).
    Last edited by JackJD; 12-10-2014, 01:05 PM.

Comment

How big of a win is this? I suspect St. Louis is Mid-Major?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        How big of a win is this? I suspect St. Louis is Mid-Major?
        They're down a bit this year, but were 27-7 and the A-10 champs last season. Lost to Louisville 66-51 in the 3rd round of the NCAA Tournament. Beat NC State in the 2nd round of the tourney.

It's a big win for this team.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
          They're down a bit this year, but were 27-7 and the A-10 champs last season. Lost to Louisville 66-51 in the 3rd round of the NCAA Tournament. Beat NC State in the 2nd round of the tourney.

St. Louis lost all 5 starters from last year I believe. Still a good program of late.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post

Definitely a confidence builder for basically a bunch of green horns. But they are our green horns with talent.
            They are playing good ball so far. I really was impressive with UMKC win and now this one too.

Comment

Still shaking my head about the TV commentators. Okay, they didn't say San Diego State but my gosh,...

Okay, Nagy interview:

OVERALL THOUGHTS: Honestly, you know me, I tend to see things in a negative light. I'm still trying to figure out how we won. We didn't play well. We shot well and when we took care of the ball we shot well. Held them to 36 per cent. They were way tougher than we were. Tough for me to watch. We were ahead because we were guarding and continued to guard. Other than first half of UND game, our defense has been pretty solid.
              We knew we had to take care of the inside...1 for 11 in first half so continued with that strategy.
              TURNOVERS: We struggled to get into anything. They really pressured and they're big, strong, athletic. The nice thing when things broke down late we just drove and broke plays. Can't expect to win with that many turnovers. Connor: so proud of the way he played tonight. Jake Bittle didn't play well; Cody had his worst game. Guys off the bench...Connor, Reed Tellinghuisen, Layne Severyn.
              HOW ABOUT Z HORSTMAN: Zach stayed within himself and relaly played well. He just did a good job. He's a senior.
              DEONDRE: The three he hit was a big one, cut it to three. Big win for our team. We showed toughness. In order to beat these guys, had to be tough. Couldn't believe some of the calls we got late-- on the road -- but they were the right calls. To get those calls on the road like that...sorta helps to stay off the refs.
              SQUAD MAKE A JUMP IN TENANCITY? I think playing against these guys ... they're tough...won't see another tough team like this again. These guys are tougher than us and that's coached.
              REBOUNDING: Couple things...we're good defensively so we force a lot of misses that gives them a lot of opportunity for offensive rebounds. We lost two games because we didn't do that (rebound) and that could have happened to us again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bozemaniac View Post
                St. Louis lost all 5 starters from last year I believe. Still a good program of late.
                Yeah, they lost to A&M CC at home too so definitely not the same. Nice to see a road win tonight though. Jacks playing better of late and George comes in about 10 days.

Comment

Now I'm going to switch and watch Jackrabbit great, Austin Hanson.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    Now I'm going to switch and watch Jackrabbit great, Austin Hanson.
                    Don't forget about the other South Dakotan in Zach Hanson, he is #40 for Creighton.

Comment

• Re: 12/9 St. Louis Billikens

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                      Don't forget about the other South Dakotan in Zach Hanson, he is #40 for Creighton.
                      You're right! Good to see a couple of South Dakotans on the floor: a USD coach and a player for Creighton.

That's it.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        Still shaking my head about the TV commentators. Okay, they didn't say San Diego State but my gosh,...
                        Hey now, the play by play guy called us San Diego Sta once, but he caught himself before he finished state. The PBP guys demeanor really changed during the last 2 minutes when he realized that a SLU win wasn't imminent, he went from cheery to a little subdued.

Comment

Originally posted by Bozemaniac View Post
                          Yeah, we know what it's like to lose starters.

Comment

Nice road win tonight. Team played well late in the game after Cody fouled out. Building blocks for the rest of the season.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Brad Soderberg (Head coach at SDSU between Iverson and Nagy), was also the head coach at SLU, right before Rick Majerus took over their program (2002-2007). The Bennett Disciples offense was hard to watch there too...

Comment

See Soderberg once

or twice a year at Lindenwood. Has his kid and the kid's h.s. coach as assistants. Still tough for them transitioning from NAIA to D2, but they have very nice facilities.

Glad Nagy went deeper on his bench. If you can't compete in athleticism, a deep bench and fight can pull you out. Parks really caught fire after doing no scoring for most of
                                the game. Impressive.

Comment

Working...
                                X