• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bison vs Jacks

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=209383597

Time: 4pm

TV: Midco Sports Net

Sagarin says: Bison by 4

This is a must win for the Jacks. Need to defend the home floor after a disappointing game last time out. Tough road trip coming up with games @ Denver and @ USD, so this game is big. The crowd should be big, hopefully it's at least 5k, if not more.

Re: Bison vs Jacks

I'll be there. I don't expect a win, but stranger things have happened.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Also, the last 3 times I've watched the Bison in person they've lost. So, I guess they're ****ed.

Comment

I'll be there too. As long as we don't have another abysmal shooting day, it should be a good game. We've won 4 out of 5 against the Bison and I'd love to see a fifth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I am really curious to see how Cody Larson matches up with Marshall Bjorklund. I was watching the Jackrabbit Journal tonight on Midco sports Mediacom Channel 56, hosted by former Jack Tom Nieman. They had Cody answer 10 odd ball questions and one of them was "Who on the team can you beat in doing the 100 yard dash?" His answer was all of them. He apparently tested out the highest in the dash runs, and after watching him on the court, I have no doubts about his speed. This had to have caught Billy Donavon's eye and that's how he ended up in Florida. For a big guy, he can run the court. This speed ability could be a big part of the game on Saturday. Bjorklund is not so quick is he? I don't know who the Bison will use to double team Larson like Omaha did, but I suspect they got some big guys.

Comment

Bjorklund isn't a fast post, but he has GREAT moves down low. Larson is going to have to stay disciplined and not bite on Marshall's fakes. It's important to stay out of foul trouble this game. SDSU will be able to double team down low because NDSU isn't that great shooting the 3 ball. Only Felt and Braun are respectable shooters imo. If the Jacks can limit the turnovers and not shoot like they did against UNO, its going to come down to the wire. I like the Jacks in this one just because I can't remember the last time SDSU lost 2 consecutive home games in conference play.

Comment

I remember a guy named Trayvonn Wright who has done more to the Jackrabbits in the past 3 years than Braun. He seems to have extra blocks, 3 pt shots, dunks, and rebounds than his normal average. This is the guy who needs to be attended as well as Bjorklund who seems to go 6-6 from the field in the first half. Let's hope that the Jackrabbits are having some good practices this week.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                Let's hope that the Jackrabbits are having some good practices this week.
                A big key to avoiding 2 home losses and the third loss in SL play.

Comment

Debating how early I want get to Frost before the game starts.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbajack View Post
                    Debating how early I want get to Frost before the game starts.
                    My guess that the bleachers will all be pulled out. The doors should open 1 hour before tip. If season ticket holders were all going to show up on the same day, this would be one of those days.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

My guess that the bleachers will all be pulled out. The doors should open 1 hour before tip. If season ticket holders were all going to show up on the same day, this would be one of those days.
                      Those statements are both true (first one is obvious). I'm not expecting a sellout, but I'm sure the attendance will be 5000+.

Comment

I remember a guy named Trayvonn Wright who has done more to the Jackrabbits in the past 3 years than Braun. He seems to have extra blocks, 3 pt shots, dunks, and rebounds than his normal average. This is the guy who needs to be attended as well as Bjorklund who seems to go 6-6 from the field in the first half. Let's hope that the Jackrabbits are having some good practices this week.
                        He kills us. And really, our best chance of guarding him is Dykstra.

Optimal defensive matchup would be:

Dykstra on Wright
                        Larson on Bjorkland
                        White on Brown
                        Brayden on Braun
                        Bittle on Alexander

I'd be fine with switching either of the last two around.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                          Bjorklund isn't a fast post, but he has GREAT moves down low. Larson is going to have to stay disciplined and not bite on Marshall's fakes. It's important to stay out of foul trouble this game. SDSU will be able to double team down low because NDSU isn't that great shooting the 3 ball. Only Felt and Braun are respectable shooters imo. If the Jacks can limit the turnovers and not shoot like they did against UNO, its going to come down to the wire. I like the Jacks in this one just because I can't remember the last time SDSU lost 2 consecutive home games in conference play.
                          The Jacks seemed to figure out how to defense Bjorklund after the game in Fargo last season , holding him to 4 in Brookings and 8 in Sioux Falls. Hopefully they go right at him with Larson and get him in foul trouble early.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            The Jacks seemed to figure out how to defense Bjorklund after the game in Fargo last season , holding him to 4 in Brookings and 8 in Sioux Falls. Hopefully they go right at him with Larson and get him in foul trouble early.

During the game in Sioux Falls, Nagy had Dykstra "guard" Brown and actually just double team Bjorklund all night because Brown was zero threat. Don't know if we can do that this year, but we might give it a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                              During the game in Sioux Falls, Nagy had Dykstra "guard" Brown and actually just double team Bjorklund all night because Brown was zero threat. Don't know if we can do that this year, but we might give it a shot.
                              Yup...and Marshall was absolutely terrible passing out of the double team. It'll be interesting to see what the strategy is this year. I'd double him...if you don't he'll either destroy you 1-on-1 or get you (Larson) in foul trouble or both.
                              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Working...
                              X