Cody Larson to SDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cody Larson to SDSU

[QUOTE=UWMandSDSU;234702]You can't medical redshirt before taking a regular redshirt, unless he would begin the season, get injured and be out for the rest of the season. (I think that is the rule).

thanks, Dazed and confused about all the jargon - need more coffee :
    Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
      Don't get me wrong, I'm happy Cody is eligible to play right away. Any off court issues will run their course. I just don't normally get too excited about players who haven't played a minute for SDSU yet. I feel the same way about Broman, Donlan, Devine, etc. Lots of reasons to be optimistic about all those guys, but until they start playing nobody can say how they will perform. Larson, while very promising, has logged 143 college minutes scoring a total of 12 points and 21 rebounds. He has more fouls and turnovers than points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks combined. He was a top 100 recruit, but he was also below average at Florida. There have certainly been more productive major players who have transferred into the Summit without dominating the competition.

All I'm saying is I'm glad he is here, but I will wait to go nuts until he goes nuts on the court.
      I agree with you on this one. The trespassing incident at Florida happened a full year before he had his scholarship pulled (actually not renewed). What happened in that year for the Florida coaches to change their mind? I suspect it has less to do with the legal issue than most people think, and more to do with the fact that he was not living up to the expectation of a top 100 recruit - classroom, player development, etc. If he was Erik Murphy 2.0 as originally expected on the court, he would still be at Florida.

That said, I am glad he is here and hope that this chance at a life 'reset' button works out and he can live up to his enormous potential without the pressures of overly zealous expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
        I understand the questions and concerns, but my feeling was that this could be the best thing ever for Cody Larson, as I believe he is now surrounded by a solid core of players and a culture that will bring out the best in him. From what I have heard so far, that seems to be the case. I think he is a great talent and that he will respond well. Obviously, only time can tell. I trust the coaches and players to the core, all of whom agreed that he deserved and should get another chance. GO JACKS!
        THIS+++++++++++ Not much to add here.
        Last edited by Nidaros; 09-12-2013, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          Maybe Jackdaniel is meaning off the court, or way from the basekball court.

I want him to do well to prove me wrong for what he does off the court. Things seem to be in his favor to be successfull at SDSU on and off the court. hope he takes advantage of both. When he is playing as long as he is a good teammate that contributes to the team and the team supports him thats all I care about on the court. And as long as we dont hear his name in the paper for the wrong reasons off the court thats what I hope for.
          Thanks for clarifying,yes,I meant anonymous as it pertains to "off court" activities that run contrary to the law,thx Goon.
          Last edited by jackdaniel; 09-11-2013, 12:10 AM.

Comment

My question with Cody being granted the waiver is which SDSU will gain the most. MBB, WBB, or volleyball. I'd like to think with his sister Wagner on the volleyball team, that SDSU may have the inside track of landing his youngest sister Tagyn. I believe both WBB and volleyball have made offers to her.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
              My question with Cody being granted the waiver is which SDSU will gain the most. MBB, WBB, or volleyball. I'd like to think with his sister Wagner on the volleyball team, that SDSU may have the inside track of landing his youngest sister Tagyn. I believe both WBB and volleyball have made offers to her.

If we got a commitment from Tagyn in WBB,to go with J Mieras (fr),S Palmer(fr)M Miller(soph),K Severyn(soph)A Alexander (soph)E Thompson(soph),(jr's...Tiffaney Flaata,Clarissa Ober,Kerry Young,Chynna Stevens)(sr's...Cornemann,Hart)(up to 3 available scholarships,and AJ usually picks some gems)THAT would be quite a lot to reckon with for the opposition.

It would be a "rebuilding" year after losing Waytashek,Boever,Stuart,Clarin,Walters.Much angst felt after losing these superb players,no doubt,but also a lot of excitement and optimism with the players comming back.AJ builds teams for on going success and bright futures.
              Last edited by jackdaniel; 09-13-2013, 10:13 AM.

Comment

This is HUGE news having Cody Larson for two years.

This will give the Jackrabbits, arguably, the 2 best post players in the Summit...both on the same team.

With Cody's size and skill set...really gives coach Nagy alot of flexibility.

Can you imagine (at times) going with Heemstra (6'9"), Dykstra (6'8"), and Larson (6'9") at the same time? With the way those guys can shoot the ball, it could happen.

I know we will miss Nate. He was the best player in school history, and I expect the team to struggle at times to find it's own identity post-Wolters.

However... I do not see a reason why this team can't win the summit league title again. I'm not saying they will...but they odds just got alot better.

Oh, and glad to have you aboard Cody!

Comment

I don't want people to get too over excited about Cody. remember he hasn't played many game minutes since high school. Not saying he can't or won't just saying don't get your expectations too high. The size obviously helps with the Summit League, and SDSU should be one of, if not thee largest team in the League.

The problem is no one has much experience running the point, the offense was built around Nate, and I'm just wondering how long it will take for them to figure out how to score without Nate being involved

Comment

Good story about Cody Larson returning to Sioux Falls

http://www.kdlt.com/index.php?option...mission.#video

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                      Good story about Cody Larson returning to Sioux Falls

http://www.kdlt.com/index.php?option...mission.#video
                      Agree a very good story.

Comment

In light of the current story on Cody, and the long-ago post I made when there was discussion on the board about whether we should "give Cody another chance", I was especially interested in one of Coach Nagy's comments. He said that Cody's influence on the coaches and teammates was probably greater than their influence on Cody. I'm not sure that was true...I credit putting Cody in our surroundings with this team was the best thing that could have happened to him, but it was nice to hear the coaches and players attribute positive things to Cody as well.

Comment

There was talk of possibly petitioning the NCAA to get Cody a 3rd year here. Is that still of possibility?

No question Cody coming to SDSU has been a good thing for both parties.

Comment

Quite the succss story so far. All-Conference honors for Cody. Top-3 finish for the Jacks (I doubt we would be top-5 without him). Not even a rumor of trouble and he seems to be having fun out on the court, from what I can see. Let's hope Cody tops it all off with a memorable tournament and trip to the NCAA's.

Comment

Perhaps future big time SD players will take notice and stick close to home.
                              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                                There was talk of possibly petitioning the NCAA to get Cody a 3rd year here. Is that still of possibility?

No question Cody coming to SDSU has been a good thing for both parties.
                                This would be great for Jackrabbit Nation, but is right for Cody. He has turned out to be a scholar in the classroom, and after next season, he might have plans of moving out to the real world and making a good living. If he were to find a grad program at SDSU, then this might be a possibility. I don't know what his NBA chances are if any.

Comment

Working...
                                X