Cody Larson to SDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cody Larson to SDSU

TV just tweeted Cody Larson is transferring to SDSU. Eligible for one year (2014-15) barring NCAA waiver. Nagy not concerned about Larson's past legal issues. "I think he has learned a few things."
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Re: Cody Larson to SDSU

articles up on go jacks and the argus leader site now.

What are the odds the NCAA grants a waiver so he can play two years? I'm asking because I have no idea, and he's been out of the game for a year already.

Comment

Wow, lots of big news for SDSU athletics the last couple days....looking forward to seeing Cody in a 'rabbit uniform!
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

What are the odds the NCAA grants a waiver so he can play two years? I'm asking because I have no idea, and he's been out of the game for a year already.
        Magic NCAA 8-Ball Says: "Answer unclear, ask again later."
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

Nagy's quotes on gojacks.com sure sound like a coach expecting to have him eligible for 2 years...
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
            Nagy's quotes on gojacks.com sure sound like a coach expecting to have him eligible for 2 years...
            He applied for a waiver a few weeks ago. Hopefully he gets it and is eligible this year.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Really? I didn't see where he even addressed the issue.

Comment

Where there is smoke there is fire! Welcome to SDSU Cody!
                "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                  He applied for a waiver a few weeks ago. Hopefully he gets it and is eligible this year.
                  What I mean is they've been getting the groundwork set. Mr Seville will have a lot more info.
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

He's in the program for two years: the first year he has to sit out, and he can play the second year.

The discussion, I believe, regards a waiver that would allow him another year of active eligibility after that second, playing year. (I could be wrong, but . . .)
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                      Really? I didn't see where he even addressed the issue.
                      Nagy's quotes on gojacks.com:

“We’re very pleased to have Cody join our team for the next two years. I don’t think there was a head coach that saw him play more in high school than I did, and I know what he’s capable of as a player,” Nagy said. “He fits a couple of needs that we have moving forward. First, we needed a player in the junior class along with Zach Horstman, and second, when Marcus Heemstra and Jordan Dykstra leave us, he’ll help fill a big hole in the middle. He’s excited to come home and finish his degree at SDSU, be near his family and play with several guys he knows well.”

Call me stupid, but when I read that, I get the feeling Nagy plans on having him play this year...
                      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                        He's in the program for two years: the first year he has to sit out, and he can play the second year.The discussion, I believe, regards a waiver that would allow him another year of active eligibility after that second, playing year. (I could be wrong, but . . .)
                        According to the Argus Leader it's either one (this year or getting an additional year).

Everything I've heard is that he's applying to play immediately.

Comment

Nagy's quotes on gojacks.com:

“We’re very pleased to have Cody join our team for the next two years. I don’t think there was a head coach that saw him play more in high school than I did, and I know what he’s capable of as a player,” Nagy said. “He fits a couple of needs that we have moving forward. First, we needed a player in the junior class along with Zach Horstman, and second, when Marcus Heemstra and Jordan Dykstra leave us, he’ll help fill a big hole in the middle. He’s excited to come home and finish his degree at SDSU, be near his family and play with several guys he knows well.”

Call me stupid, but when I read that, I get the feeling Nagy plans on having him play this year...
                          See, I do too. That's why I asked the question.

I think it said in the Argus article, that they will apply for the waiver in June? That he has to be an enrolled student...or something along those lines. (I read them both really fast)

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...join-SDSU-team

Comment

Year 1: Redshirted (Florida)
                              Year 2: Played (Florida)
                              Year 3: Sat out (in school at Florida)
                              Year 4: Sit out or receive a waiver (SDSU)
                              Year 5: Play (SDSU)

*Cadsev explains it in more detail below.

Comment

Working...
                              X