Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014 Recruits

Originally posted by tbjack View Post
    Speaking of the redshirts next year...anyone have a legitimate update on how flatten, severyn, and Doyle have looked in practice? Any of them have a chance at solid minutes next year?
    The subject came up on one of TV's weekly chats and he said Flatten was looking good in practice.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      The subject came up on one of TV's weekly chats and he said Flatten was looking good in practice.
      Someone from the Clark area(hometown) had a brief visit with Flatten and the knee seems to be 100% healthy. It sounded like he may have grown a little and added some weight as well. The year of redshirt may have helped this young guy mature physically as well.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
        Someone from the Clark area(hometown) had a brief visit with Flatten and the knee seems to be 100% healthy. It sounded like he may have grown a little and added some weight as well. The year of redshirt may have helped this young guy mature physically as well.
        That's good news. I think a bunch of these guys will step up once given a chance to get on the court. i.e Horstman.

Comment

Ian Theisen scored 18 and had 13 rebounds as his Osseo team lost by 5 in the first round of the Minnesota AAAA state tourney.

Comment

http://www.omaha.com/article/2014031...-his-own-trail

Nice story on Mike Daum in Omaha paper - they have given kudos to the Jacks a couple of times this week leading up to state tournament. The other was credit for helping Coach Miles turn around this years' Husker team in their preseason scrimmage.

Hoping to see Daum make it past the first day, and see how he will compete against bigger, better kids.

It's easy to look at the class that we are losing this year and feel "fear" - but with what we have loaded in the barrel, I'm optimistic.

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post

Nice story on Mike Daum in Omaha paper - they have given kudos to the Jacks a couple of times this week leading up to state tournament. The other was credit for helping Coach Miles turn around this years' Husker team in their preseason scrimmage.

Hoping to see Daum make it past the first day, and see how he will compete against bigger, better kids.

It's easy to look at the class that we are losing this year and feel "fear" - but with what we have loaded in the barrel, I'm optimistic.
              Optimism is fine as long as its tempered by realistic expectations. Next years team will look nothing like this years. I hesitate to even predict how competitive the 2014-15 Jackrabbits will be. There is just too much uncertainty about basically every one coming back or coming up. Bittle and Larson are the only ones with a lot of DI experience. Should make for an interesting year.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I'm optimistic as well, but I think how good we are at least next year rides a lot on what we get from George Marshall and the Juco transfer and to a lesser extent Devine. I just don't want to count on getting much production out of our freshman and redshirt freshman.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  Optimism is fine as long as its tempered by realistic expectations. Next years team will look nothing like this years. I hesitate to even predict how competitive the 2014-15 Jackrabbits will be. There is just too much uncertainty about basically every one coming back or coming up. Bittle and Larson are the only ones with a lot of DI experience. Should make for an interesting year.
                  Yep. Way too many unproven commodities at this point.

We could be really good and we could be equally as bad.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                    Yep. Way too many unproven commodities at this point.

We could be really good and we could be equally as bad.
                    If we were playing whist and I laid down a black card, I would follow my action by saying "Play them OUT", meaning the person to my right would have to lay down a card and the process starts of taking 7 tricks. Next we have to play them out and then we can tell midway how the season will end. It reminds me of playing whist. You don't know what your opponents have nor do you know what your partner has until you play them out. I think the same can be said of next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      If we were playing whist and I laid down a black card, I would follow my action by saying "Play them OUT", meaning the person to my right would have to lay down a card and the process starts of taking 7 tricks. Next we have to play them out and then we can tell midway how the season will end. It reminds me of playing whist. You don't know what your opponents have nor do you know what your partner has until you play them out. I think the same can be said of next season.
                      I know that Coach Nagy has a pretty good history of recruiting some talent that have done some pretty nice things. "Play them OUT"

Comment

I know that Coach Nagy has a pretty good history of recruiting some talent that have done some pretty nice things. "Play them OUT"
                        We could have a run on spades, its just a matter of getting in, like laying the ace down and its gravey from there if you have a flush in spades and more.

Comment

In the state of Ne how big is the C-2 class. Sounds like he's in for a rude of wakening if it's as small of a class as it sounds.

Comment

As far as next year goes? They'll be young but.....I think Larson is gonna be a beast down low as a senior. Bittle is a warrior. Broman will have a year to prepare and get the head light stare out of his way. Marshall is going to step in as pg probably and push Broman over to the 2 which is where he's best to spot up etc. The bench? It depends a bit on who's left. I'm guessing you'll have some transfers out this year due to playing time. When we got beat we got out muscled and out worked to an extent. Our rebounding has to improve from this year. Nagy likes playing 7-8 kids each year. I don't see that changing so we need to find 3-4 for the rotation next year.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ptJackrabbit View Post
                              In the state of Ne how big is the C-2 class. Sounds like he's in for a rude of wakening if it's as small of a class as it sounds.
                              If I recall correctly, Nebraska has 7 classes for bb. C-2 would be middle, but there are some 40 to 50 student high schools still operating, and that is why they have D1 And D2, so those don't to have to compete with Omaha Burke who has an enrollment of 2000 plus.

The player's skills depend a lot on Summer ball that they played and who Mr. Daum played with. If he showed he compete with AAU teams, then the size of his high school really does not matter.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ptJackrabbit View Post
                                I can't imagine it's any smaller than Rock Valley, IA. Seems like we had fairly good luck with a couple of small school big men from there.
                                "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Working...
                                X