Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who's Got Next? Life After Wolters: 2013-14 Jackrabbits

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
    I heard about this from a reliable source about six weeks ago. Good luck to Taevaun. It'll be interesting to see if the other half of what many of us have heard comes about. We'll see.
    I, for one, sure hope it comes about.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
      I, for one, sure hope it comes about.
      I'd be careful, I don't know specifics but have heard some things (both ways), but I do know that in most situations there are 2 sides to each story and if 1 side comes out both sides might come out. Many times its best if situations that led to him leaving stay indoors.

And I don't mean it for this situation, I mean it for all situations I've been in and around college campuses for years now (I'm getting old), and I just feel its best if the bar talk stays at the bar.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
        I'd be careful, I don't know specifics but have heard some things (both ways), but I do know that in most situations there are 2 sides to each story and if 1 side comes out both sides might come out. Many times its best if situations that led to him leaving stay indoors.

And I don't mean it for this situation, I mean it for all situations I've been in and around college campuses for years now (I'm getting old), and I just feel its best if the bar talk stays at the bar.
        Umm...I think KUlawJack was referring to another athlete transferring in.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
          Yeah now that I read it, I get it. I don't think the two are related though. I think the other half has to do with other factors and not so much an available scholarship. Just what I've heard though.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            Are speaking of CL here? Its kind of quiet! Any one got a rumble or a vibe to report? Coach Nagy does mention a transfer as a replacement possibility. Having only the rumor of Prince headed to the door, I thought there was serious talks with Jake White going on, but I guess not.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              Are speaking of CL here? Its kind of quiet! Any one got a rumble or a vibe to report? Coach Nagy does mention a transfer as a replacement possibility. Having only the rumor of Prince headed to the door, I thought there was serious talks with Jake White going on, but I guess not.
              IDK, my guess is that the coaching staff at least expected this for a while, but you never know. The Jake White transfer recruiting was odd in general so IDK. Everything I've heard about CL is that having a scholarship available is not the hurdle or issue possibly preventing it. Its more first if he wants to play and then when he can play and how many years are available, and then would going JuCo be a better route.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                I'm shocked. Truly flabbergasted. Unbelievable.

No wait, I've known about this for months but wouldn't divulge my source and was subsequently torched by other Board members.

So much for coming to a fan site to get insider information. Might as well stick to reading the Argus.
                *shrug*

If you don't like how this place is run, go start your own. There are places you can go that you can do that for free, even.

I'll probably even link to you.

Knock yourself out.

*shrug, again*
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Yeah now that I read it, I get it. I don't think the two are related though. I think the other half has to do with other factors and not so much an available scholarship. Just what I've heard though.
                  I've heard different. I don't know how much we have to keep stepping around this. The scholarship will be filled by a player that recently left another program. That player has been seen in Frost arena and around other team events. I only know of one person that fits that description. I know that others that post here have information from credible sources, they just don't want to expose their source. I don't blame them. It will be controversial and I'm not the only one that feels that way.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    *shrug*

If you don't like how this place is run, go start your own. There are places you can go that you can do that for free, even.

I'll probably even link to you.

Knock yourself out.

*shrug, again*
                    Would you be opposed to those of us interested in sharing this information using the private message function to communicate with each other on this forum? I am not trying to be coy or defiant, I don't want to violate any policies or create more controversy.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                      Would you be opposed to those of us interested in sharing this information using the private message function to communicate with each other on this forum? I am not trying to be coy or defiant, I don't want to violate any policies or create more controversy.
                      I just don't want the public forums to be cesspools of out-of-control, unsubstantiated rumor--that's the purpose of the attribution rule: to keep that from happening.

Besides, that's what Twitter is for.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        I've heard different. I don't know how much we have to keep stepping around this. The scholarship will be filled by a player that recently left another program. That player has been seen in Frost arena and around other team events. I only know of one person that fits that description. I know that others that post here have information from credible sources, they just don't want to expose their source. I don't blame them. It will be controversial and I'm not the only one that feels that way.
                        And that is possible, my information is a little old, but the one thing I heard was a scholarship being available wasn't the issue, it was other things that was holding it up.

Comment

I just don't want the public forums to be cesspools of out-of-control, unsubstantiated rumor--that's the purpose of the attribution rule: to keep that from happening.

And I should clarify that the attribution rule is specific to players rumored without attribution to be leaving a Jackrabbits team.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Gator's gonna gate
                            USD Fan

Comment

Very fair. I like the attribution rule and encourage the moderators to enforce it. I also like those with exciting or interesting information feeling free to share it if they know it to be true.

This is a very well run forum and that is a credit to filbert #1 and the rest of the moderators.

Comment

And that is possible, my information is a little old, but the one thing I heard was a scholarship being available wasn't the issue, it was other things that was holding it up.
                                I think we have discussed this issue with similar people and have heard similar things. Its a complicated process that must be handled carefully.

None of that means fans and boosters can't have opinions. I am hearing plenty of them from Jackrabbit fans and non fans alike.

Comment

Working...
                                X