Re: BracketBuster

From Wichita

http://www.kansas.com/2013/01/19/264...etbusters.html

Comment

http://www.mvcfans.com/wp/2013/01/21...s-projections/

Comment

My bad. I didnt even realize how I was passing that off as fact. TBH, I think I have sold it to myself in my mind (as I play out future scenarios for the SL and some of its teams) as a done deal. Sorry. I guess I should have said I 99% sure this will happen. But that doesn't mean much either as I was 99% sure this Kaepernick kid wouldnt work come playoff time, and no way in H*LL that Baltimore would ever get to a SB with Flacco....let alone go on road to Denver and NE to do it. OOPS.

Comment

BracketBuster discussion on ShockerNet. They're thinking they get SDSU.

http://shockernet.net/forum/showthre...ketbuster-Game
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

You know it would be damn nice to go into WSU's gym and beat them as how much they are dogging who they have to play in BB. Two top 20 wins and some respect as well.
            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

most people think Wichita State, but my guess is still Saint Mary's. The Jacks have to go play Cal State- Bakersfield that week, and if you look at the range of where the Jacks are there aren't many in the west, and most are actually in the mid-west. However if its clear cut matchup RPI wise I think they might have to put SDSU against Wichita State.

The two things you want is the TV game, preferably the ESPN 2 game (more available). And a name opponent for the return trip. I think both WSU and St. Mary's fit the profile.

Comment

Anyone know when the games are selected and what day the game would be? If we get Wichita St myself and a few others are thinking of heading down for some BB and golf. Supposed to be mid 60's down there this weekend.
                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                  Anyone know when the games are selected and what day the game would be? If we get Wichita St myself and a few others are thinking of heading down for some BB and golf. Supposed to be mid 60's down there this weekend.
                  I think the pairings will be announced on Feb 4.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                    The game will be played on Saturday Feb 23rd. That is the day that it is slated for on the schedule anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                      I think the pairings will be announced on Feb 4.
                      I though I read somewhere that they initially planned to announce the pairings January 28th (today) but now have decided to delay until Feb 4th. No idea why that would be.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

It will be interesting to see where the Jacks play. Wichita State would be a great get, and if the Jacks where to win, may be the type of W to get the Jacks an at-large with a 50's RPI should the Jacks lose a tight game to Bison in tourney. Also lays the potential of another Belmont quality game. Indiana St., St. Mary's, or Akron are all worth opponents, and Jacks would be statistical even team to the hosts.

NDSU, with their injuries are going to be hard pressed to meet their RPI rating.

SDSU vs WSU seems a better game than a depleted NDSU vs WSU would be.

Comment

[QUOTE=joeboo22;220287]most people think Wichita State, but my guess is still Saint Mary's. The Jacks have to go play Cal State- Bakersfield that week, and if you look at the range of where the Jacks are there aren't many in the west, and most are actually in the mid-west. However if its clear cut matchup RPI wise I think they might have to put SDSU against Wichita State.

I would love to see The Jacks and the Gael's match up - Wolters v Dellavedova would be a legendary battle
                          Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                            to get the Jacks an at-large
                            This again? And from someone who should know better!

Never.
                            Gonna.
                            Happen.
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                              This again? And from someone who should know better!

Never.
                              Gonna.
                              Happen.
                              At least not this year. Never is a long, long, long time
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                                At least not this year. Never is a long, long, long time
                                Yeah, the losses to USD and Hofstra pretty much make this possibility nil.

Comment

Working...
                                X