Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Montana

Originally posted by rabbitfarmer View Post
    We will be ok these kids are 21 years old. There next game is in 4 days if that's not enough rest then we aren't in game shape.
    A sprianed ankle can take more then 4 days to heal 100%.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

On Goon's comments about Fiegen: I cannot imagine how the team would adjust if we didn't have Fiegen. Well, I'm not going to think about that. He is a critical component of the team's success. I suppose we can say they all are but he's critical +1. He should make all-Conference honors etc.

Comment

ndsu and SDSU only winners tonight for Summit. Ball St handles yotes and IUPUI loses as well inaddtion to earlier UNO loss
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

This Is the type of win that can turn a season around. We have playe poorly up until this point, but this can change everything. Hope it does.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Only got to listen to the game on the radio (smart phone app, technically), but it sounded like we were playing tougher defense than we have been up to his point. Funny how, when you do that, you don't have to shoot well to be in position to win a game. Very happy with this win.
            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
              I have met JVG a few times. He is a very nice person. I just don't care for his style, but that may be because of my allegiance to the Jacks. I just get very annoyed with his constant complaining about the refs. It seems like he never agrees with a call....never. Tyler seems to agree more often than not with the calls.
              Tyler views himself as a reporter, not an advocate. I listened to a USD football game earlier this year and heard a lot of "we" and "us". You won't hear that from Tyler. He's there to report the game. Last night, for example, there were a couple of times he reported that Coach Nagy disagreed with a call and then noted his own observation that the official's call was probably right.

We are really lucky to have somebody as professional and talented as Tyler calling our games. He is very serious about his craft and works hard at it.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                Only got to listen to the game on the radio (smart phone app, technically), but it sounded like we were playing tougher defense than we have been up to his point. Funny how, when you do that, you don't have to shoot well to be in position to win a game. Very happy with this win.
                Nagy said going in to this game that he probably had made his defensive scheme too complex for his players--he simplified the defense he wanted them to play, and whatdaya know, the defense improved.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

There is a very good reason that Tyler is a finalist for South Dakota Sportscaster of the Year. He is excellent!

Comment

Terrific road win for the Jacks. Beating Belmont would be even sweeter. Muscled-up Tony Fiegen has been playing especially well. Fiegen, Wolters and Dykstra give the Jacks a really solid trio of talented players.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Not that I diagree with the level of play from the trio, but Brayden and Chad have been bringing some regular offerings to the table. Last night's block of the final Grizzly shot was a nice play to add to the last second shot at Frost against UND or the shot against Hofstra. Brayden brings a great working defensive attitude and makes shots as well. They are putting in the minutes and filling the roles needed for this team. All 5 of these guys are doing great when you see the bench was only on the floor for 42 of the 250 minutes of overtime game. It will be hard to not have Tony, Jordan, and Nate all looking at all conference though.
                      Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                      Terrific road win for the Jacks. Beating Belmont would be even sweeter. Muscled-up Tony Fiegen has been playing especially well. Fiegen, Wolters and Dykstra give the Jacks a really solid trio of talented players.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

JVG and Tyler are totally different, but both are good. JVG is one of those guys that could make a 6th grade game seem exciting. I've learned to know him from his South Central baseball coverage, and there is a reason he does the announcing at the state baseball tournament when not doing radio. He is really good at making it exciting. Also quite fun to visit with after the games. When visiting with him a handful of times this summer I got the impression he would rather do area high school and then baseball then USD athletics. (just my impression though, its not like he said he didn't want to, more like he was upset he would have to cut down on those while being the USD pbp guy.)

Tyler on the other hand is the guy that knows so much about everything, does a ton of background work, and makes you feel like you understand the game as if you are watching it on tv. The reporter comment was quite accurate. I do wish SDSU had a 2 man crew like they use to, and I think the one knock on Tyler will always be who he followed. Its tough to follow Steve Imming and Jerry Oster.

Having listened to quite a few radio and tv games though I think SDSU and USD are quite lucky to have who they have doing their radio games.

Comment

Was there in the front row last night. Awesome game and am stoked we won. Posting from a kindle right now. Will post more tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            Was there in the front row last night. Awesome game and am stoked we won. Posting from a kindle right now. Will post more tomorrow.
                            Was this you MontanaRabbit in the pic tweeted by SDSU_Jacks? https://twitter.com/SDSU_Jacks/statu...270144/photo/1
                            Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

That's me. My brother is the Griz fan next to me.

Good thing the photo is grainy. Wouldn't want to lose my internet anonymity.

Comment

First off, this was a great win for the Jacks. Montana has a good team and that's a VERY tough place to win. Their 15-game home winning streak proves that. It got pretty darn loud in there several times while the Grizz were on defense. We just kept coming back and never folded. That was good to see because I have shared some of RO's frustrations about this team not playing all that well yet. Hopefully this jump starts them.

I thought Montana played really good defense. Nate had lots of trouble getting any sort of penetration and he struggled shooting the ball and finishing when he did get a little penetration. He also rolled his ankle about 4 minutes into the 2nd half. He went to the ground and you could tell it was bothering him the rest of the game (lots of wincing and "stretching" the ankle). He never came out though.

I was impressed with Bittle. He is raw and needs some more muscle, but I think he is going to be a very good defender. His effort on the defensive end was high. As a team I really thought overall we played good D.

After the game, I was talking to a Grizz fan and I asked him how many MT kids were on the Grizz roster. He said 2 and neither of them played. Our team is largely "homegrown" talent (within a couple hours of Brookings). I like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X