Und gdt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Und gdt

I think the Rabbits are finding it more difficult when you're the hunted rather than the hunter. They have a target on their backs - especially against teams in mid major conferences. Nice shot by White. The way the game felt I didn't think there was a snowballs chance in hell that ball was going in. Great shot!

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Postgame ....

Fiegen: White one of the best shooters on the team, can't believe ... spun around in circles before shot ... big play.

Got off to a good start, knew UND would come back ... too good of a team ... gotta capitalize on the runs ... don't feel "awesome" about the win ... knows they can play better.

On close games: "Shows it takes 40 min to win a game, once they get where need to be it'll be scary, knows they can blow teams out, gives UND credit, making big shots. Says Nagy won't be happy. Need to be better defensively, have better practices."

Thinks crowd had a lot to do with last missed free throw by UND. Fun to play in front of Frost Arena fans.

Gotta watch film on Omaha, conference game, need to take care of business.

Comment

I'll cut right to the chase. I'm happy for the win, but there's no way in hell it should have come down to a last shot. This team is far, far too klunky. End of discussion. End of post.
        Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

I just watched the replay again. White caught the pass from Carlson out on the left wing with about :03 left and had the defender right in his face instantly (the guy was literally touching him). He went straight up and slightly back and it was nothing but net.

Jacks shot 38%, but scored 23 points on FT (compared to 13 for UND).

Comment

God damnit. This is exactly why I would rather a 20+ blowout any day of the week. Before White hit that shot my dad summed up the game up till that point perfectly in one text, "State looks like s***" Still can't believe White that shot. Wow!
            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Oral Roberts nearly beat Oklahoma tonight. Things would be even more interesting if they were still in the Summit.

Comment

Postgame:

Scott Nagy:

Talks about the way they've been practicing, plays the way they've been practicing. Told players after 10-0 run this game will not be easy. Defensively not very good right now. Teams are grinding out possessions making them guard for 35 seconds to keep ball out of offense's hands. Get used to the slowdown pace, play some zone, more production off the bench, play bench more, a lot of things need to change. So many variables, told players he doesn't know why they aren't playing or practicing well but need to keep grinding through it. This game feels undeserved, says UND played harder, more passion. Says good teams figure out a way to win and his kids did.

Home games shouldn't be this close, gives UND credit. Teams are measuring themselves with the Jacks, it's like the players don't get it and are gonna have to learn the hard way. He doesn't know, says they've escaped here twice, may be better for them to lose a game to feel the pain of it. Says we have to show up every night or this will be regular occurrence. He's frustrated and the players are frustrated, says it's their team, they have to figure it out, only so much he can say.

Getting to free throw line has been there all year, says Nate gets fouled alot, Nate knows how to get fouled, probably doesn't get as many calls as he should get. Not just Nate, most of the team.

Fiegen gave them the passion, good to see Dykstra start playing, started to get after him in the first half. Told him, "Son, it's time to be a player, when you're open shoot the ball."

On White's shot: Says he doesn't believe in luck, Chad's a tough shooter, hit a tough shot, says been on the other end of those shots and they hurt. Says with 12 seconds left, you have Nate Wolters and you just let him go (re: not calling TO).

Happy with fan support. Hasn't watched anything on Omaha yet.

Jacks have a lot of things they need to fix.

Comment

Thanks for getting the Nagy post game for the rest of us, YJack ...

On that Oral Roberts-Oklahoma game, ORU was up by 10 midway through second half, Oklahoma came back in the last couple minutes, ORU missed a shot from half court at buzzer. With Jacks getting byon close ones like this glad ORU is not looming in the Summit. Going to be hard enough.

Comment

Two words....Ug lee!
                    When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important than the name on the back.

Comment

For anybody interested here is the video of White's game winning shot. http://youtu.be/nWk5mzEC0qo
                      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWk5mzEC0qo

try that link the one posted above didnt work for me

Comment

watch the other players reactions... great stuff.

Comment

Wow what a shot. I will take an ugly W over a pretty L every day of the week. We didn't play well but we found a way to win. Go Jacks!

Comment

We've got issues. Minnesota will beat us by 40 if we don't get them figured out.

In the end, none of this really matters, as conference play and the conference tournament are what really count on our level.
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                                Wow what a shot. I will take an ugly W over a pretty L every day of the week. We didn't play well but we found a way to win. Go Jacks!
                                Agreed, but we shouldn't need a buzzer beating 3 to beat UND at home. Need to get some things fixed.
                                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                                - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                                X