Und gdt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Und gdt

I'm relieved we won, but I don't feel overly joyous about the win....this team needs a hard kick in the ass right now.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
      Gotcha, do the players understand that nuance? From the outside looking in, it looks like we lack confidence, not that we are overconfident. I'm just saying "be humble" might not be the message some of our players need to hear.
      I was thinking the same thing. I didn't see the game last night, but I watched the Gophers the other night and they will dominate us if we play timid and unconfident ball against them.

Comment

Nagy was working Paul Janssen from Orange City pretty hard. Every time Nagy yelled at him we got a foul called in our favor. Good coaching!

Comment

Originally posted by Just in the crowd View Post
          Nagy was working Paul Janssen from Orange City pretty hard. Every time Nagy yelled at him we got a foul called in our favor. Good coaching!
          good coaching? Nagy needs to coach vs bitch at the officials and his players. If he put as much effort into coaching as screaming we would be in good shape. We got very lucking winning the game vs ND.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by Just in the crowd View Post
            Paul's a pretty experienced referee, he's been handling Big 12 and Big Ten ref's for quite a few years, I doubt Nagy had that much effect.

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
              Paul's a pretty experienced referee, he's been handling Big 12 and Big Ten ref's for quite a few years, I doubt Nagy had that much effect.
              "Just in the crowd" is not an SDSU fan, just posses to be one. He is a troll. Do not feed the trolls please.

Go Jacks!!!
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

^^^^^^^
                What he said.

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                  good coaching? Nagy needs to coach vs bitch at the officials and his players. If he put as much effort into coaching as screaming we would be in good shape. We got very lucking winning the game vs ND.

GBGBGJ
                  Right. Cause Nagy hasn't been coaching and is constantly bitching.

Nagy barely said a word to the officials last night.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

About the only thing that completely drives me nuts about Nagy is his absolute refusal to take a timeout...ever. He admits his stubbornness about it and I just don't get it. You don't get bonus points for taking timeouts with you. That being said, he's a great coach and a better person.
                    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                      About the only thing that completely drives me nuts about Nagy is his absolute refusal to take a timeout...ever. He admits his stubbornness about it and I just don't get it. You don't get bonus points for taking timeouts with you. That being said, he's a great coach and a better person.
                      Like he said, when you have Wolters with 12 seconds left you don't need to take a timeout. Plus, I would rather have the team not take timeout and run the court than having to throw an inbounds pass and it potentially not getting into Wolters hands which results in a turnover.
                      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                        Like he said, when you have Wolters with 12 seconds left you don't need to take a timeout. Plus, I would rather have the team not take timeout and run the court than having to throw an inbounds pass and it potentially not getting into Wolters hands which results in a turnover.
                        Read my post again. I said 'ever', not just at 'end of game'.
                        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Read my post again. I said 'ever', not just at 'end of game'.
                          Even then I worry about getting the ball in. Allows defense to get set up. We play the best in an uptempo game
                          "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Some love from ESPN

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...t-of-the-night

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                              As an sdsu and duke fans that's cool to read. Both were in tight games and down in the second half. Getting national press like this doesn't seem to be making us better but giving our opponents more targets to aim at. Every time sdsu makes some news on epsn I think every other teams wsnts to be even more the team that takes them down a peg.

On a side note duke as bad as they ended last year have been amazing starting this year. Like sdsu in a way don't play a deep bench and have had close games they find a way to win. Just their wins are against the number 2 3 and 4 ranked teams in the country. Not bad for beating 3/4 of the final four last year if I remember correctly.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

While agree that a time out here and there could be pretty critical (and it frustrates me too), this could also be an early season coaching technique to get the guys used to being in those crucial times during conference play or the tournament when a timeout isn't available.
                                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                                X