Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alabama-GDT

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
    Now we just need to figure out how to be a better rebounding team because we got outhustled on the boards tonight.
    This was one of the best defensive teams in the country last year.....let's keep some perspective on that....the other team get's a vote.....they hustled too. I wanted the Jacks to win...but credit where credit is due. To me a great a prep for WIU. Also how can you say "not much good to say about tonight's game"? Sure it was a loss, but: Dykstra was a beast and the announcer couldn't say enough good things about him, Wolter's 3 pt stroke is back, and we were on the road against a "middle" SEC team that made the tourney last year. Middle meaning they were picked behind:Kentucky , Florida, Missouri, Tennessee, Arkansas in their Conference. We could be so lucky, or unlucky as we can probably win our tourney and Bama will be sitting home this year.
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
      This was one of the best defensive teams in the country last year.....let's keep some perspective on that....the other team get's a vote.....they hustled too. I wanted the Jacks to win...but credit where credit is due. To me a great a prep for WIU. Also how can you say "not much good to say about tonight's game"? Sure it was a loss, but: Dykstra was a beast and the announcer couldn't say enough good things about him, Wolter's 3 pt stroke is back, and we were on the road against a "middle" SEC team that made the tourney last year. Middle meaning they were picked behind:Kentucky , Florida, Missouri, Tennessee, Arkansas in their Conference. We could be so lucky, or unlucky as we can probably win our tourney and Bama will be sitting home this year.
      you are very right. I just think people are so upset because it was in our hands and it was a dagger three that finished the game. Tomorrow I will get over it and get excited again.

Comment

Not much good to say about tonight's game. Once Alabama figured out their defense could shut us down they used it to their advantage. Sat next to some family members of Jake Bittle at the game, I made the comment early that if Alabama figured out how to get some open looks down low that we might have a hard time stopping them. Well they did, and it hurt us. In the second half, Alabama just wanted it more than us and the results show that. It was good to see Nate find his distance shot after struggling last year from long-range. It would've been nice to have someone besides Jordan, Chad and Nate contribute, I'm kind of looking at Brayden Carlson's direction with that comment.Going in I was confident we would win by 10 if we played average. Well we played somewhere between average and crappy but I can't figure out the exact midpoint. However, if that was our crappy then I think we will be okay in the long run. Now we just need to figure out how to be a better rebounding team because we got outhustled on the boards tonight.
        How did Chad contribute? 0-5, zero points, didn't handle the ball at all on the press, and looked lost and slow on defense. His five shots were wide open threes...
        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

It was supposed to be Tony not Chad. It's been a long day, well long week...

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
            Sorry, but it was a much different feeling in person versus watching on TV. The Jacks had their foot on the Crimson Tide's throat and let off the pressure. If not for that collapse at the end of the first half, I'm almost certain the Jacks would've won by 10 to 15+ tonight. There were two players I saw key to being responsible for that. Both have been mentioned a couple times in this thread.Onward and upward now!

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
              How did Chad contribute? 0-5, zero points, didn't handle the ball at all on the press, and looked lost and slow on defense. His five shots were wide open threes...
              At some point this season Chad is going to need to score...a point...sometime.
              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Jesus people, this didnt make or break our season. It was the first game. Im guessing Bama fans are saying they could have beaten us by 15 had they not gotten off to a slow start. You can spin any game, win or loss, however you want to be. Positive spin or negative spin. And after the So Ill thread last week im seeing way too many negative spinners here. Next week, men home on Tue night, women home on Wed night, fb vs USD on Sat, women home on Sunday against the Huskers. I cant wait for this week. Im going to spend more time on the road than i am at home next week but im looking forward to a great week of Jackrabbit sports in Brookings. I apologize if i ruined anyones day for being too positive.

Comment

Thank you Mitchellrabbit. Yeah it was a tough game. The only thing I would have liked was to see a timeout in the first half when we went on our run of 5 straight turnovers. We looked pretty good. White and Brayden will come around on offense. Prince did hit a couple much needed buckets but we all know that he's going to have a few turnovers a game by dribbling when there is too much pressure. The boys will come out of it. More guys will get PT but I know the coaches and team wanted this one bad and that is why they didn't go deep on bench. Probably not a good time to throw the reserves into the fire.Still proud to be a jackrabbit. GBGBGJ!
                  It's just an old Army trick I learned in the Navy.

Comment

Not much good to say about tonight's game. Once Alabama figured out their defense could shut us down they used it to their advantage. Sat next to some family members of Jake Bittle at the game, I made the comment early that if Alabama figured out how to get some open looks down low that we might have a hard time stopping them. Well they did, and it hurt us. In the second half, Alabama just wanted it more than us and the results show that. .
                    It's legitimate to say that some players didn't play as well as they could have. But at no point in that game did I ever see a time when the Jacks weren't busting their butts effort-wise.To say Alabama wanted it more is a shot below the belt IMO.

Comment

It is really tough to win on the road against good teams thats why good teams won't play us at home. We are deffinetally good enough to hang with them or any body else we are going to see durring the regular season. The fact that we did not give up the rebound edge despite thier size and athletic ability is a good measure on effort. We could have had players make more shots, but they had many turnovers in the first half that helped us get ahead the way we did. I don't know if they stopped traveling or the refs just stopped calling it, but It seemed like they were cured by the second half. It was an intense game that we fell short in but it's only the first game and we have a team that will make us proud this year.

Comment

So... we went on the road to play a big, physical, defensive-minded SEC team and lost on a buzzer beater despite sub-par performances by a couple of players we know will settle down and rise to the challenge at some point, probably very soon. I kind of like the idea that a loss like that is disappointing.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Took the night to clam down after a really tough loss. We ABSOLUTELY were the better team in that game and should have won that game by ten. It's been covered.

Had a bunch of friends over last night for the game. Yep, all bummed after that shot went in. But, a good point was made. How cool is it that not only is SDSU D1 but that we are playing teams like Alabama and 10 others on TV this year? Plus, it is even cooler that we all know that we are going into these places knowing that we should win most of those games. Don't get me wrong, I hate moral victories and don't believe in them. What we saw is a team that is going to be very, very good. They didn't play well last night and we almost won. What happens when we play well? Please reference Washington game last year.

Maybe this loss isn't a bad thing in the end analysis. Nagy has said many times that they need to stay hungry and humble and that is their biggest challenge. I'm sure, to a man, there wasn't anybody getting on that bus back to the hotel that isn't hungry. They will figure it out.

That game last night only reinforced my excitement for the season. This is going to be very special!

Damnit though!!!...

SUPERBUNNY
                          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                            At some point this season Chad is going to need to score...a point...sometime.
                            This is a bs post, IMO.

At some point... sometime... in the season that is 1 game old?

White was the second leading scorer in the game against Butler last year in the NCAA tournament. He was the third leading scorer against WIU in the Summit Championship last year, including some REALLY HUGE shots down the stretch, including a 3 to give State its first lead in overtime. When we beat Washington last year, he was 4-6 from 3 and he was the 3rd leading scorer.

Last year, he averaged over 9 points a game. He led the team in blocks. He was 3rd in steals. 49% from the field and 47% from three. Maybe sometime in this season that is 1 game old he could come around.

Also people bitching about Brayden: Do you know how many turnovers he had last night? One. After that Chad, Tony, Teavaunn, Jordan, and Nate each had 1 turnover before the half. Brayden didn't turn the ball over the rest of the game.

Good grief.
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Staying hungry and humble's fine in theory,but once in a while it's nice to feel satisfied too.I just hope we don't get too caught up in defining ourselves in ways that seem too passive.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                                This is a bs post, IMO.

At some point... sometime... in the season that is 1 game old?

White was the second leading scorer in the game against Butler last year in the NCAA tournament. He was the third leading scorer against WIU in the Summit Championship last year, including some REALLY HUGE shots down the stretch, including a 3 to give State its first lead in overtime. When we beat Washington last year, he was 4-6 from 3 and he was the 3rd leading scorer.

Last year, he averaged over 9 points a game. He led the team in blocks. He was 3rd in steals. 49% from the field and 47% from three. Maybe sometime in this season that is 1 game old he could come around.

Also people bitching about Brayden: Do you know how many turnovers he had last night? One. After that Chad, Tony, Teavaunn, Jordan, and Nate each had 1 turnover before the half. Brayden didn't turn the ball over the rest of the game.

Good grief.
                                You're both right. No question that Chad will be a scoring factor for us. He has hit big shots on many occasions. But, he didn't score in the exhibition or the game last night. He has just been so hit or miss. When he is on he is the best offensive player we have. Yeah, the best. There are too many times when he just disappears. He took shots last night. Good looks that didn't go in. That was a good sign that he was looking for the shot. Unfortunately, they didn't drop. Keep firing Chad!

For this team to maximize its potential Chad White needs to be a big part of that. I'm quite sure he knows what is expected of him just as every player on the team does. It's one game. They'll get better from it.

I actually feel kind of bad for our next opponent. They are going to get it from both barrels from the Jacks!

SUPERBUNNY
                                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X