X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alabama-GDT

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    This is a bs post, IMO.
    I didn't mean for the post to come across as negative as it did. But...I'm not into moral victories. Chad played terrible against BHSU and terrible against Alabama. Will he come around...ABSOLUTELY! Are we going to be scary good...ABSOLUTELY!
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      Staying hungry and humble's fine in theory,but once in a while it's nice to feel satisfied too.I just hope we don't get too caught up in defining ourselves in ways that seem too passive.
      I agree! As long as they grow from it. I think they'll be fine.

SUPERBUNNY
      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
        I didn't mean for the post to come across as negative as it did. But...I'm not into moral victories. Chad played terrible against BHSU and terrible against Alabama. Will he come around...ABSOLUTELY! Are we going to be scary good...ABSOLUTELY!
        You're good.

The cool thing is that Nagy said there wasn't a single person in the locker room that wasn't mad that they lost or happy with their play. This team is hungry and they just got hungrier. A frustrating loss but time to work harder and turn the page.

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

I think chad will come around But I also expect Horstman to contribute eventually this season. Isn't it about half way through the sophmore season that things really start clicking for most players. If that is the case one more player in the rotaion will really help keep legs fresh for a jump shooting team goin into the playoffs not to mension defence and rebounding. Can't wait to see the team's progession through out the year and I hope we can get into the tourney with a better seed this year.

Comment

Nagy did play a short bench last night. Either by design or because of the play of Alabama. Didn't four of the five play more that 35 minutes or more? I can see it will get them in game shape early but all that wear and tear may hurt towards the end of the season. We have a highly regarded freshman guard in Jake Bittle who I think is not going to redshirt (Donlan and Devine I belive are). The Jacks need to get him some playing time so why not use him in the second half too.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
              Nagy did play a short bench last night. Either by design or because of the play of Alabama. Didn't four of the five play more that 35 minutes or more? I can see it will get them in game shape early but all that wear and tear may hurt towards the end of the season. We have a highly regarded freshman guard in Jake Bittle who I think is not going to redshirt (Donlan and Devine I belive are). The Jacks need to get him some playing time so why not use him in the second half too.
              First game,tough opponent on the road.I think we will develop depth as the season progresses and the teams we play aren't near as good. Agree on Bittle,if he is really the pg of the future,he needs to get playing time,and soon.

Comment

Still frustrated with the loss. I'm going to call that game, the one that got away. Still replaying Nates last 3 attempt that was halfway down and would have put the Jacks up by 2 late in my head. Also, I saw some emotion from Nate late in the game which I enjoyed since he is basically the silent assassin.
                "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Here are a couple of excerpts from today's Argus that pretty much sums it up:

Nagy felt the game shouldn’t have come down to Lacey’s heroics. There were times that a veteran SDSU team looked like an inexperienced group against Alabama’s defensive pressure and athleticism on offense. The Jacks turned the ball over 13 times and allowed too many easy Alabama baskets.

“Quite frankly we’re disappointed with the way we played,” Nagy said. “We didn’t shoot the ball very well. We just had too many experienced players play like they were inexperienced. It’s just disappointing. We had some guys play tentatively and there is no reason for it.”
                  When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important than the name on the back.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                    First game,tough opponent on the road.I think we will develop depth as the season progresses and the teams we play aren't near as good. Agree on Bittle,if he is really the pg of the future,he needs to get playing time,and soon.
                    He will get PT, but starting his college career at Alabama against that type of pressure would have been a disaster. Not to mention that Wolters was like half of the Jacks whole offense. Can't take Wolters out when he is playing that well and not in foul trouble.
                    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

I guess we sort of know how the folks at S.I.U. felt last Saturday afternoon. I included the words "sort of" because last Saturday's game pretty much ended S.I.U.'s playoff chances. Last night's game didn't do that to ours. Let's look forward to the rest of the season with legitimate optimism!
                      Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Catching up on posts since last night. MitchellRabbit and Jimmy Jack have the right position statements, in my opinion. I've been reading Alabama newspapers this morning. There's no question the news reporters and Coach Grant know that was a quality win for the Tide. We won't be sneaking up on anybody after last season. This is going to be a fun year!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                          No question that Chad will be a scoring factor for us. He has hit big shots on many occasions. But, he didn't score in the exhibition or the game last night. He has just been so hit or miss. When he is on he is the best offensive player we have. Yeah, the best.
                          SUPERBUNNY
                          That's crazy. If you mean 3-pt shooter, he may be up there along with Dykstra.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
                            That's crazy. If you mean 3-pt shooter, he may be up there along with Dykstra.
                            Alraight, I might be overstating it a bit but he has the ability to be very explosive. We've seen that at times. We just need to see it more often. When he scores it we are almost impossible to beat!

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                              Alraight, I might be overstating it a bit but he has the ability to be very explosive. We've seen that at times. We just need to see it more often. When he scores it we are almost impossible to beat!

SUPERBUNNY
                              That I understand.

Cant wait til Tuesday. We didnt lose in Frost last year and hoping to keep that streak going.

Comment

Originally posted by 67jack View Post
                                Here are a couple of excerpts from today's Argus that pretty much sums it up:

Nagy felt the game shouldn’t have come down to Lacey’s heroics. There were times that a veteran SDSU team looked like an inexperienced group against Alabama’s defensive pressure and athleticism on offense. The Jacks turned the ball over 13 times and allowed too many easy Alabama baskets.

“Quite frankly we’re disappointed with the way we played,” Nagy said. “We didn’t shoot the ball very well. We just had too many experienced players play like they were inexperienced. It’s just disappointing. We had some guys play tentatively and there is no reason for it.”
                                Coach kind of thru a couple players under the bus here! Frankly, I think Coach Nagy as an experienced coach - coached as an inexperienced coach. That last two minutes of the first half was extremely disappointing. Things may have turned out as they did even if he would have used a time out or two. But, you have to at least try and slow the other teams momentum down and settle your team with a time out. I know he does not beleive in TO's but even the best coach's on the best teams used them now and than! Jacks should be 1-0.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Working...
                                X