Alabama-GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alabama-GDT

We still need to play more people. While I get playing for the now, you can't totally disregard the future. Nothing beats gametime, not even practicing against a Nate. What are we going to do next year when 2 people graduate, only play 4 because that is all we trust? A win over Alabama would have been cool, but getting to the NCAA is even better and that is our ultimate goal.

I can't help but think of Marcus Heemstra, we spent the first half of last year thinking we couldn't afford to have him in during clutch situations, but as the season went along he improved and was giving us good minutes down the stretch. Weird how that happens when people see court time. Now last night he was only good enough for 5 minutes? Or even a Zach Horstman, we wonder if he will start to get it this sophmore season, the answer is no if he is on the bench.

I don't advocate playing a 10 man rotation where everyone gets 20 minutes a piece, but there are ways to get players 4 to 5 minutes a game by sandwiching them around TV timeouts and such. That gets your starters an extra blow and helps keep jump shooters legs fresh. What is the one thing we learned from the Baylor game last year....lack of depth kills us against teams of this caliber. We have 30 games to get players some experience and feel comfortable subbing them in during big games. I can honestly tell you I would rather go 25-10 and build some depth for the conference tournament and hopefully NCAA tournament than to go 31-4 and risk what almost happened during the conference championship last year. Just my $.02.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
      Alraight, I might be overstating it a bit but he has the ability to be very explosive. We've seen that at times. We just need to see it more often. When he scores it we are almost impossible to beat!

SUPERBUNNY
      Your correct. Chad is an outstanding three point shooter when he is on. But, great 3 point shooters do not depend on mixing good days with bad days. Great 3 point shooters mix good days with great days.

0 for two games does not qualify you as a great 3 pt shooter. We however will need Chad to score for us to win consitantly. I agree - keep letting them fly because that's his game.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Post-game interview with 'Bama Coach Grant from the Huntsville Times newspaper site:
        http://www.al.com/alabamabasketball/...l#incart_river

Cruise on the Huntsville paper's website...lots of good reporting on the SDSU and other games.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          Obviously this team will be fine, but we don't get many chances like that. Dammit.
          One day later, I still feel this way. This team still has the chance to be special.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
            Your correct. Chad is an outstanding three point shooter when he is on. But, great 3 point shooters do not depend on mixing good days with bad days. Great 3 point shooters mix good days with great days.

0 for two games does not qualify you as a great 3 pt shooter. We however will need Chad to score for us to win consitantly. I agree - keep letting them fly because that's his game.

GBGBGJ
            Sorry, you are wrong.

Chad has a pretty good chance of becoming the all time 3 point leader at state.

Sargent laid his fair share of eggs in his time at sdsu, he must not be a great shooter either?

Chad had a bad game. He has plenty of good games, a few bad, and some eggs.

Anyone expecting Nate Wolters performances from every player is going to be disappointed.
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
              Sorry, you are wrong.

Chad has a pretty good chance of becoming the all time 3 point leader at state.

Sargent laid his fair share of eggs in his time at sdsu, he must not be a great shooter either?

Chad had a bad game. He has plenty of good games, a few bad, and some eggs.

Anyone expecting Nate Wolters performances from every player is going to be disappointed.
              I hope your correct. If Chad ends up the Jacks all time 3 point shooter that would be great. Clint Sargeant has a total of 252 career 3 pt baskets. If stats are and should be accurate Chad currently has 94? Chad will need to average 79 threes the next two years and if he does that the Jacks will be in great shape. I wish him the best. Its going to be tough to get that many looks playing on a team with Nate and Jared. Trust me I will be cheering for him. Every shooter has their good and bad days and as I pointed out Chad is an excellent shooter and we will need him to compete in the Summit league.

GBGBGJ

Comment

I hope your correct. If Chad ends up the Jacks all time 3 point shooter that would be great. Clint Sargeant has a total of 252 career 3 pt baskets. If stats are and should be accurate Chad currently has 94? Chad will need to average 79 threes the next two years and if he does that the Jacks will be in great shape. I wish him the best. Its going to be tough to get that many looks playing on a team with Nate and Jared. Trust me I will be cheering for him. Every shooter has their good and bad days and as I pointed out Chad is an excellent shooter and we will need him to compete in the Summit league.

GBGBGJ
                Jared?

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                  Jared?
                  Jared,Jordan..........close enough

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                    Jared,Jordan..........close enough
                    Yup. My bad and I apologize should at minimum get his name correct. He is a fun player to watch. Excellent shooter that can play inside and out. Makes it really tough to find someone to defend him.

Looking forward to Tuesday night as the Jacks return home.

GBGBGJ

Comment

It looks like this game and the football game NDSU were both horse shoes and hand garnade games where being close does count. We should have won both, but like some one said, its not the season that was lost. We got a lot of BB yet to be played

Comment

Yup. My bad and I apologize should at minimum get his name correct. He is a fun player to watch. Excellent shooter that can play inside and out. Makes it really tough to find someone to defend him.

Looking forward to Tuesday night as the Jacks return home.

GBGBGJ
                        Agreed. With the weight loss,i thought he looked quicker and was really active in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                          Agreed. With the weight loss,i thought he looked quicker and was really active in the game.
                          With the added quickness plus the outside shooting ability,he will be tough for most 4's to match-up with.

Comment

GBGBGJ
                            I may have been mistaken on his numbers. Although at this point in his career Clint had 101 threes.

Chad has a higher three point percentage every season than Clint ever had.

My point is chad (and Carlson for that matter) are both really good players who had an off game. No biggie in my mind, but it does suck to win a game we could have won.
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

My favorite play of the game was when Dykstra rebounded,had his back to the basket and defender was right there,looked like he was heading out to the perimeter,but he real quick like ,did a half turn little jump ,and laid it in right over the defender,who was completely caught off gaurd.That was a pretty play.

Comment

If we had won the game, ESPN would have had Dykstra's play described by jackdaniel, as one of the SportsCenter highlights.

Comment

Working...
                                X