Alabama-GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alabama-GDT

I know that Swain said the rebounds were even, but the live stats showed it was 27-21 for Bama. There is no doubt the game was lost by our failure to handle the press in that last few minutes of the first half. Had we kept anywhere near that cushion at half, I think we would have won easily. There is no doubt that the 1-11 from 3 range for Carlson, White and Taevaunn added to the problem. I hate losing a winnable game as well, but know that road games are tough everywhere, but especially when it is the first game and you are playing a middle SEC team. The one positive I just love is that Nate's play on the big stage again certainly will catch a lot of attention.

Comment

If there is one thing to count on, the bigger the stage, the better Wolters plays. Wolters shoots the ball so smoothly. God dang, was his 3pt shot looking good
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Should have won this game but other then turnovers and a couple players having off nights we will be fine. I would hate to be our next couple teams because this team will overcome this loss and blow out our next couple opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
          If there is one thing to count on, the bigger the stage, the better Wolters plays. Wolters should the ball so smoothly. God dang, was his 3pt shot looking good
          Hope we get to see him like he was his soph year like shooting 80 percent or something the first few weeks of the season from 3. Honeslty if we had 1 more minute I think naters would have nated enough to get the win.

Did bama miss a ft? Sure didn't seem like it in the second half.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            Post game, Swain referred to the Coyotes twice. That's it...no more Swain for me. Make that three times but he corrected himself the third time.
            Why are we getting USD leftovers to call our games?

Free throws, gentlemen, free throws. We started 0-4.

Make your free throws and we win.

Also, it White going to come around? Seems Nagy has been saying for quite awhile how good of a shooter he is, but it doesn't seem like we ever see it.

*edit - I'd like to retract my White statement...espn stats show him as having a 49% career shooting percentage. Hard to ask much more than that...just frustrated I guess.
            Last edited by RowdyRabbit; 11-09-2012, 10:59 PM.
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

We were 9-12 at the charity stripe (Fiegen missed both on an early foul and Brayden missed one). They were 14-14 on FT. Tyler said they talked to a lot of possible announcers and Swain was the only one available.

Comment

Well, if we're going to get announcers who call us USD, I'd prefer the game just not get announced then.

Sorry. That loss put me in a bad mood.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                  Well, if we're going to get announcers who call us USD, I'd prefer the game just not get announced then.

Sorry. That loss put me in a bad mood.
                  It isn't that I don't understand where you are coming from, but we had a perfect storm with the NDSU-SDSU football game requiring Tyler to be there, and we had an obligation on Jackrabbit Extra for the game to be called, and I know that Tyler worked hard to get something set up. The intersection of football, volleyball and basketball at one time was a big part of the problem for the staff.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                    I know that Swain said the rebounds were even, but the live stats showed it was 27-21 for Bama. There is no doubt the game was lost by our failure to handle the press in that last few minutes of the first half. Had we kept anywhere near that cushion at half, I think we would have won easily. There is no doubt that the 1-11 from 3 range for Carlson, White and Taevaunn added to the problem. I hate losing a winnable game as well, but know that road games are tough everywhere, but especially when it is the first game and you are playing a middle SEC team. The one positive I just love is that Nate's play on the big stage again certainly will catch a lot of attention.
                    Rebounds were even-27 each http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-bas...2013/ua01.html

Comment

Hours have passed. Still upset. It would have been the kind of win that could have pushed us into the NCAA even without a tourney title. And it's the kind of loss that can keep us out. Not enough guys showed up to play. Season opener on national TV. Be ready. Cripesake. How can you not be?
                      Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=323140333

Comment

Brayden Carlson needs how to learn how to break a Press and not **** his pants when he catches the ball. Nate and jordan were great.
                          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Not much good to say about tonight's game. Once Alabama figured out their defense could shut us down they used it to their advantage. Sat next to some family members of Jake Bittle at the game, I made the comment early that if Alabama figured out how to get some open looks down low that we might have a hard time stopping them. Well they did, and it hurt us. In the second half, Alabama just wanted it more than us and the results show that. It was good to see Nate find his distance shot after struggling last year from long-range. It would've been nice to have someone besides Jordan, Tony and Nate contribute, I'm kind of looking at Brayden Carlson's direction with that comment.Going in I was confident we would win by 10 if we played average. Well we played somewhere between average and crappy but I can't figure out the exact midpoint. However, if that was our crappy then I think we will be okay in the long run. Now we just need to figure out how to be a better rebounding team because we got outhustled on the boards tonight.
                            Last edited by SidelineObserver; 11-10-2012, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Back for one last. Sportscenter had #6 top play being....guess what? You guessed it the buzzer beater. Damn. I hate that. Let the would've, could've, should'ves fall by the wayside. Plenty of other quality wins the guys can pick up! Next stop comfy Frost Arena!
                              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

We have 15 on the roster, we only took 10 to Alabama and then only played 7 players for the whole game - and the #7 player was Marcus Heemstra with a whopping 5 minutes of game time. Alabama played 9 and their #9 man played 12 minutes. I think a fair case could be made for poor decisions and poor defense being blamed on lack of match fitness. At this stage of the game we need to give the guys a break and let them get their heads on straight.... Maybe even use a few of those precious time outs - you can't save them up and take home them with you Coach!
                                Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Working...
                                X