X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '12-'13 Schedule

Looks like we are playing in the 2K Sports Classic

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...on-events-list

2K SPORTS CLASSIC (Madison Square Garden - NY)
    Dates: Nov. 15-16
    Host Teams: Purdue, Alabama, Villanova, Oregon State
    Others: Hofstra, Niagara, Bucknell, South Dakota State

Re: '12-'13 Schedule

more

http://www.gazellegroup.com/events/w...wwp_120306.htm

Three Tournament teams in the field and we are one of them.

Comment

Summit Schedule

http://www.thesummitleague.org//pdf8/796765.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
        Looks like we are playing in the 2K Sports Classic

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...on-events-list

2K SPORTS CLASSIC (Madison Square Garden - NY)
        Dates: Nov. 15-16
        Host Teams: Purdue, Alabama, Villanova, Oregon State
        Others: Hofstra, Niagara, Bucknell, South Dakota State
        Right before a home football game otherwise I might have a made a trip to a host site. Maybe we can get a subregional game?
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
          Looks like we better not have a Christmas hangover with too much figgy pudding:

Saturday, Dec 29th @ NDSU
          Thursday, Jan 3rd @ UMKC
          Saturday, Jan 5th @ USD
          Thursday, Jan 10th Oakland
          Saturday, Jan 12th IPFW

Comment

But there is no better time (Christmas break) to be making our trips to NDSU and USD. That's especially true considering that we will have a veteran team that should not need extra time to "gel" like is often the case with teams in early January.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
              But there is no better time (Christmas break) to be making our trips to NDSU and USD. That's especially true considering that we will have a veteran team that should not need extra time to "gel" like is often the case with teams in early January.
              Definitely hurt Oakland last season. NDSU should be very similar to SDSU in returning a veteran team. USD lost their two leading scorers, so will be interesting to see how they reload.

Comment

Any rumors on possible opponents for the upcoming year? I hope we can keep 3-5 major conference games on the schedule like last year.

I assume Minnesota will continue to be on the schedule, also probably SMSU and DSU as well.

We should have an away Bracketbuster game, as well as a return trip to Buffalo.

Will Nebraska stay on the schedule with Tim Miles taking over down there? Do we do another home and home with UND after their nickname issue has gotten worked out?

I would love to see a game(or games) against a regional opponent like Creighton, UNI, Iowa State, or Iowa as well.

Has anyone heard anything lately?

Comment

Also, when are they going to separate men/women season tickets? With all conference games going to mirror scheduling, we should not have to buy tickets for both sports just to become a season ticket holder. It turns fans off of the potential to buy season tickets when they are not able to make it to all men/women games. Being an hour and a half away, I would gladly purchase men's season tickets and probably go to most games. I don't have time to go to the women's games(as I'm sure some people would go to the women's but not have time for the men's) so there is no reason for me to spend an extra $125 on tickets that will not be used.

Why not give fans an option to do a combined season ticket prior to allowing fans the option to buy separate men/women season tickets? This would allow those that want the better seats the option of doing combined seats, and if you are a one-sport ticket holder, you fall behind them in rank. Maybe that is tough to do, but it seems like every other Division 1 school in the nation does it differently from SDSU. I think separating season tickets would actually have a positive impact on attendance for both sports.

Comment

According to Sid Hartman, we are to play the Gophers, Tuesday December 4th.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
                      Also, when are they going to separate men/women season tickets? With all conference games going to mirror scheduling, we should not have to buy tickets for both sports just to become a season ticket holder. It turns fans off of the potential to buy season tickets when they are not able to make it to all men/women games. Being an hour and a half away, I would gladly purchase men's season tickets and probably go to most games. I don't have time to go to the women's games(as I'm sure some people would go to the women's but not have time for the men's) so there is no reason for me to spend an extra $125 on tickets that will not be used.

Why not give fans an option to do a combined season ticket prior to allowing fans the option to buy separate men/women season tickets? This would allow those that want the better seats the option of doing combined seats, and if you are a one-sport ticket holder, you fall behind them in rank. Maybe that is tough to do, but it seems like every other Division 1 school in the nation does it differently from SDSU. I think separating season tickets would actually have a positive impact on attendance for both sports.
                      Never. They are forced to reserve a particular seat for both men and women games when you purchase a season ticket and to deviate from this principle would create chaos. I suppose one could have separate seats for men and women games, but that would be confusing for some. You can always sell or give away the tickets you do not want.

Comment

Think of it as your paying for the mens and get the womens for free. Considering its money going to sdsu its worth it. But that's coming from a guy who doesn't get basketball season tix because I just can't make many games. But do have football tix.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          Never. They are forced to reserve a particular seat for both men and women games when you purchase a season ticket and to deviate from this principle would create chaos. I suppose one could have separate seats for men and women games, but that would be confusing for some. You can always sell or give away the tickets you do not want.
                          I think what he is saying is that if you want to buy for both teams you can but you can buy for either team, too. The people that buy for both will get their choice 1st because they will spend more. They can get the same seat for both the men and women so they wont have to worry about having separate seats. After that, the people that want to buy for just one team can.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                            I think what he is saying is that if you want to buy for both teams you can but you can buy for either team, too. The people that buy for both will get their choice 1st because they will spend more. They can get the same seat for both the men and women so they wont have to worry about having separate seats. After that, the people that want to buy for just one team can.
                            Exactly. When season ticket holders have their seats, the rest of the seats are available on a single-game basis (both seats and bleachers), except when there is a doubleheader...and those will be few and far between...especially since the league goes to mirror scheduling this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                              Exactly. When season ticket holders have their seats, the rest of the seats are available on a single-game basis (both seats and bleachers), except when there is a doubleheader...and those will be few and far between...especially since the league goes to mirror scheduling this year.
                              Thanks 91jacks and Jacks#1 for your clarification. With both programs being contenders it seems odd to go for one sport and ignore the other one. But different strokes for different folks. If this idea would sell more tickets I am for it. I appologize to gojacksgo. I misunderstood your post.

Comment

Working...
                              X