'12-'13 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: '12-'13 Schedule

Looks like we are going to Albuquerque to take on UNM in the Pit..... https://twitter.com/TheLoboLair/stat...77751530340352

Comment

FWIW, a poster on the Iowa board said the Jacks play in Iowa City again.

Comment

I like the confirmed UNM game in December and I would love to see the Jacks play down in Iowa again. I was there 2 years ago for the SDSU game sitting by a bunch of Hawkeye fans. Iowa will definately be better this year, but so will we. Hope that is a weekend game again.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
          FWIW, a poster on the Iowa board said the Jacks play in Iowa City again.
          USD came out with their schedule and are playing Iowa. The poster apparently got us mixed up....ugh

Comment

Any new information about the schedule? - I notice that a few more details are emerging on the women's basketball thread.
            Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Isn't the schedule normally out by the time school starts ?

Comment

TV just tweeted:Terry Vandrovec@TerryVandrovec"SDSU to play CSU Bakersfield at home (Dec. 9) and on the road (Feb. 20) in men's basketball, per the Roadrunners site.http://www.gorunners.com/SportSelect.dbml?&&DB_OEM_ID=13300&SPID=6324&SPSID=58097"
                Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Yes it usually is. But Terry V. blogged a couple of weeks ago that we shouldn't hold our breath for the schedule and indicated that some our expected opponents had backed out of agreements (perhaps verbal agreements) and therefore the schedule was going to be later than usual. I was looking at schedules from some other schools and there are quite a few that have not been announced yet.

I posted this before seeing the Bakersfield announcement. If we are going to playing them twice and going to California during conference season, it must be a tough year to put the schedule together.

Comment

The Gophers just released their schedule and it shows the Jacks at Williams Arena on Dec.4th.

Comment

2K Sports Classic:

Fri, Nov. 8 8 pm CT, At Alabama, ESPNU

At Hofstra, all times TBA:
                      Fri, Nov. 16 at Hofstra
                      Sat, Nov. 17, vs. Marshall
                      Sun, Nov. 18, vs. UDC (U. of District of Columbia--D-II?!?)

Via Vandrovec twitter.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                        2K Sports Classic:

Fri, Nov. 8 8 pm CT, At Alabama, ESPNU

At Hofstra, all times TBA:
                        Fri, Nov. 16 at Hofstra
                        Sat, Nov. 17, vs. Marshall
                        Sun, Nov. 18, vs. UDC (U. of District of Columbia--D-II?!?)

Via Vandrovec twitter.

http://www.udcfirebirds.com/sports/m...20120904mjysxb

Comment

I have a memory trace of SDSU playing UDC some time in the 70's-80's-90's, but don't have the initiative right now to go look it up in the media guide.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Hofstra struggled in the CAA last year, finishing 10-22 (3-15).

Marshall was on the bubble to get in the tournament last year, and they should be near the top of C-USA again this year.

UDC is DII, and did make it to the Regionals last year.
                            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

So is it me or is it kinda strange to have D-II teams in this field? I mean I get Chaminade in the Maui Invitational, and I get Alaska Anchorage in the Great Alaskan Shootout, but I can't remember and don't see a reason for a D-II team in this tourney.

Comment

Just me, I'd rather bring in Northern or Augie to Frost to play a D-II team if that's what we're gonna do. I'm real disappointed with Gazelle Group right now.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X