• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: '12-'13 Schedule

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...news|text|Home

Comment

3 Sub-D-I's too. UDC in the tourney get waived by Summit League since it's a tourney? BHSU for exhibition is good. SW Mn has been a good D-II team, and Dakota St is neighborly.

Anything but a 1 to 3 loss non-conference will not bode well for escaping a 14 or lower seed, should the Jacks wins the Summit Tourney.

Need to win at least 1 of UofM, Ala., UNM, and not lose any of the others. Belmont and Montana should be the top teams in their respective conferences. Not a great schedule, but no one wanted to face Nate & Co. inside Frost this season.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
        Sat, Dec 15 Montana at Missoula, Mont. TBD
        Jacked about this game! Gonna have to make the trip to see the Jacks whip some Grizz ass.

Comment

Schedule at GoJacks.com

No return trip to Buffalo this year. Must have deferred it to next year, I guess.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

not the best schedule we have seen but we are not in a position to make teams come here. home and home with other confrences big sky horizon i think is really what we need to do. that is a brutal strech of road games but its a good time of year for them. Then a home game with oakland doesnt make coming home a real picnic either. We need to beat the goofers this year IMO. If we want to be taken seriously as a midmajor, we need to win that game imo.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              not the best schedule we have seen but we are not in a position to make teams come here. home and home with other confrences big sky horizon i think is really what we need to do. that is a brutal strech of road games but its a good time of year for them. Then a home game with oakland doesnt make coming home a real picnic either. We need to beat the goofers this year IMO. If we want to be taken seriously as a midmajor, we need to win that game imo.
              I would assume this would set us up for a decent home schedule in 2013-14, though.

And remember, you get an RPI bonus if you win road games, vs. winning home games. If the Jacks can take a respectable number of those road games, it will really help their overall position, and could even make them a bubble team even if they don't win the conference tournament, if they're successful enough in the non-conference portion of the schedule.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Call me crazy or unrealistic but there is actually a decent shot of running the table if the Jacks play their game like we all know they can. Sure this is a rough stretch of games of Mizzou-Belmont-UNM all on the road but they really are all winnable games including the Alabama game. I truly see a season of less than 3 losses and I do expect that from them. I said before last year that the Jacks would be dancing so I think this isn't out of reach and is attainable. Man this makes me even more jacked for this season! Is it basketball season yet!?!
                "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

That's one NASTY road trip, though. Missoula; Nashville; Albuquerque; Fargo; Kansas City; Vermillion. The guys will need their big boy uniforms and shoes to get through that.

Add in finals week and Christmas, and you've got a pretty packed schedule, there.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    That's one NASTY road trip, though. Missoula; Nashville; Albuquerque; Fargo; Kansas City; Vermillion. The guys will need their big boy uniforms and shoes to get through that.Add in finals week and Christmas, and you've got a pretty packed schedule, there.
                    I doubt what happened last year at Vermillion will happen again so I'm not really worried about going to Vermilion this year. I expect a blowout but I'm still going because a)I want to see if some drunk obnoxious USD students will start talking smack and trying to start s*** again and b) see the look on the USD fan faces when they get blown out at home after they rushed the court last year
                    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                      Not a great schedule, but no one wanted to face Nate & Co. inside Frost this season.
                      Based on what has been reported/stated, it doesn't seem many wanted to face them out of Frost this season Either...

Comment

Tenn State looks like a good get at home based on last yrs record and rpi. Nearly a top 100 RPI and lose only 2 seniors that averaged 15 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists together.
                        Last edited by gojacksgo; 09-13-2012, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                          Montana and Belmont are home and homes. New Mexico is a guarantee game.
                          This is good to hear.

Comment

UMKC has moved our game to downtown KC to Municipal Auditorium.

http://www.umkckangaroos.com/ViewArt...B_OEM_ID=18300

Comment

Sounds like SDSU will have a private scrimmage with Wichita State on October 28th (@ Wichita) http://blogs.kansas.com/shockwaves/2...-dakota-state/

these are of course "private" but if anyone has any connections to anyone who may be able to see this scrimmage, or can get a report feel free to pass it along.
                              Last edited by joeboo22; 10-08-2012, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Looking at season ticket packages today, I noticed there is now an option for GA tix for men and women separately - whole season($140) or conference season only($75). I really like this addition.

Comment

Working...
                                X