Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NDSU

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    Other than the guy who said he should have been fired after the exhibition match. (Not sure if it's that thread.)
    Yeah, that was in one of the threads but I did not take it seriously. There have to be some out there that think he should be gone. Do I think he is a great coach? No, not even close...but I don't think we would do any better.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
      Yeah, that was in one of the threads but I did not take it seriously. There have to be some out there that think he should be gone. Do I think he is a great coach? No, not even close...but I don't think we would do any better.
      That's a point that a lot of Nagy defenders brought up a couple of years ago as well as Stig defenders this year. And to those being critical of the Bison faithful, we were doing the same thing to Nagy. Not all of us, but some of us. I think I stated that he should be given a couple of years with his recruits but I was definitely critical.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I am not a Nagy basher. But to think any team could not do better than the coach they have in most cases is simply not correct. The RETIRED / FIRED coach's association is full of Coach's who thought their team could not go on without them.

I don't know why anyone would think Coach Nagy's position here at SDSU is not solid. Even a few years back I don't think he was in any danger of losing his job. We are now paying the benies of him and his staff sticking around.

GBGBGJ

Comment

I did not say any team can not do better...I don't know if you thought that is what I was implying. I was just speaking about the Bison. We could land a better coach but that would be an experiment that would take years to find out for sure. To make a switch worth it we would need to get a coach that is way better and willing to stick around for a while...hard to find that. I'm hoping the much needed BSA renovation will help...but more changes than that are needed.

I believe Saul and Nagy are both good coaches in the Summit, but that does not set the bar very high.

Comment

It seems nobody wants to play anyone in the tournament. We have to play somebody don't we? If that's the case we should have dropped down to 8th seed, and taken on ORU right away. Win Big or GO HOME!

Anyways, I don't care who we play first, take care of these last few games. Then go in there and play our game. We win this thing. We're 13-3 for chrissakes and we're fretting over 4-12 and 6-10 teams........
            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

I believe Saul and Nagy are both good coaches in the Summit, but that does not set the bar very high.
              Yeah I know they lack the Bobby Knight drama, or the ability to undress during a game like St Johns Lou Carnaseca.
              Lou was funny. He start each game in impecable dress and by the last minute of the game his wardrobe was very deranged. I miss him in particular. Neither NDSU and nor SDSU have the resources to attract this kind of entertainment.

Comment

Congrats on the epic freaking beat down, we sucked it up HARD, cant even deny it
                BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                    Absolutely filthy
                    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

SDSU vs. NDSU Collegian Post Game

Sports Lounge TV Show: http://www.youtube.com/user/tlk23?feature=mhee
                      Sports Block Radio Show: http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A"Sports+Block"

Comment

From TV game story:

"The Bison haven’t been beaten this badly by anybody since the University of Minnesota in 2007."

Special season here , folks.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                          From TV game story:"The Bison haven’t been beaten this badly by anybody since the University of Minnesota in 2007."Special season here , folks.
                          Wait 'til next year! :-)
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Not questioning the figure of speech...not being a smart a##. Did you read the thread or

It was a question posed...but nobody is saying he should go.
                            Let me rephrase TAB, questioning his job status not "calling for" like I previously stated. My mistake. Either way, my point still stands. The expectations of a lot of those fans are out of whack - you have a top 3 team that is made up of freshman and sophomores, that plays in a horrible arena, at a school with no basketball tradition or overwhelmingly sustained success.
                            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Working...
                            X