ORU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ORU

So I wonder if oru fans are irrate that dysktra was fouled flagrant. Funny how know one here complains that dykstra got a balck eye because oru plays dirty. Most of the oru posters were complimentary. For a few that don't care use be rational its to bad they get the focus of our toughts. One final thought for the guy who said we are too many white guys and the one who said we have a hockey mentality. I guess one could explain to them in a racial under tone kind of way that we play D1 ball here. They gave dykstra a balck eye, oru must play prison ball. And no I do not mean that but just an example of how lame their posters sound. This is my last post on them. They have a good team and should be pround of what they have done so far. They will be the biggest challenge for anyone to win the summit tourny.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Several posts ago, I said I will miss the quality Coach Sutton brings to the Summit League but other than that I won't miss them (ORU). The reason is purely selfish: they're consistently good in basketball and baseball, usually have a few of the nation's best track and field performers, and generally put a competitive team on the field or in the court in every other sport they sponsor.

We all want the Summit League's stature to improve. Adding SDSU and NDSU does that. I think that USD will prove to be a good addition, too.

Losing ORU is not a good thing for the Summit League. Fans can snipe back and forth about whether a particular foul was a nasty one but there is a real spirit of rivalry developing that's going to end this year and that's a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        Several posts ago, I said I will miss the quality Coach Sutton brings to the Summit League but other than that I won't miss them (ORU). The reason is purely selfish: they're consistently good in basketball and baseball, usually have a few of the nation's best track and field performers, and generally put a competitive team on the field or in the court in every other sport they sponsor.

We all want the Summit League's stature to improve. Adding SDSU and NDSU does that. I think that USD will prove to be a good addition, too.

Losing ORU is not a good thing for the Summit League. Fans can snipe back and forth about whether a particular foul was a nasty one but there is a real spirit of rivalry developing that's going to end this year and that's a shame.
        I agree about the foul and that fact it will hurt in conference RPI but the fact of the matter is. Them leaving will only help the jacks make the dance even easier so I'm wont miss them for that.
        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

This thread turned kind of negative, and I should probably let it die, but I thought it should go out on a positive note. On the ORU fanboard someone posted that they will be having a bobblehead night on Senior Night and fans will get these:

Freaking sweet. SDSU needs to do this.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            SDSU needs to do this.
            Have a Dominique Morrison bobble head night? I think not!
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
            X