ORU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ORU

Sutton looks and acts like he got mugged.....

http://www.argusleader.com/videonetw...Sutton-at-SDSU
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
      Wow...to call that a layup attempt is something else.
      To be fair, whoever wrote that most likely is just looking at the box score and the play-by-play. But, yeah.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
        I got mocked for this comment earlier this week. You can all go look deep within yourselves now. I was right the whole time. I would give myself rep points now, but I guess you can't do that.
        I would give you rep points but it won't let me... so can I sacrifice a live chicken for you? Or name my first-born after you (if I EVER have a first-born)?
        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
          I got mocked for this comment earlier this week. You can all go look deep within yourselves now. I was right the whole time. I would give myself rep points now, but I guess you can't do that.
          If I tell you I'm going to rep you for that post, and then don't rep you, all the while insisting I did rep you, is that mocking you again?

Rep pts awarded.
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Just got home from the game. Am SO glad we drove up for this one. The team played so well on every level tonight but for me their D was just huge. At one point I looked up at the board and it said ORU had 14 TOs SDSU had 4. At the same time ORU was up 2 in rebounds and then Jordan got two huge rebounds on the O end ... every time it seemed like they were about to get momentum, someone came down and shut it down. Also, the passing tonight behind the zone... was SICK. Such a fun game.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              Agree with ro and others overrated as a chant is lame espicially when your 2nd place in the confence. Now if the last place team was about to win it would almost be ok then. I would have perfered an mvp chant when wolters has the ball. Would have been great to do after morrison fouled out too.
              I think the overrated chance had less to do(even though some of had to deal with it) with the conference standing as it was about the Mid-Major polls. ORU was #11 and SDSU wasn't top 25. Everybody remembers in high school when you chanted overrated when you beat a team that had a higher ranking than you. It didn't matter if you were second in your conference or fourth. If the team you beat had a higher ranking than you chant overrated. I actually liked the chant and I don't ge tthe problem with it.
              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Nagy made a comment postgame about wishing he could see stats on Dykstra since the loss to ORU, because that game lit a fire in him (or something to that affect, I can't remember exacly how he worded it...

Here you go Coach....In the last six games........FG's = 43-77 (56%), 3pts = 17-34 (50%), ft's 12-14 (86%), 32 reb, 9 ast, 2 blk, 6 to, 97 pts (16.6 ppg, and 3 20+ point games).
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                  I think the worst part about the flagrant foul was, reading the play in print, it makes Grif sound like a dirty player. Not only was the play not dirty, intentional, or flagrant in the first play, Grif was the first one to check to see if Pearson was okay.
                  ORU needs to blame the officials for letting that play happen. They swallowed the whistle on the absolute hack on Nate at the other end of the court which resulted in the "steal" and breakaway dunk attempt. That's what happens when you are trying to get the game over with and stop calling obvious fouls. Should be a good teaching moment for all other officials.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                    ORU needs to blame the officials for letting that play happen. They swallowed the whistle on the absolute hack on Nate at the other end of the court which resulted in the "steal" and breakaway dunk attempt. That's what happens when you are trying to get the game over with and stop calling obvious fouls. Should be a good teaching moment for all other officials.
                    No blame is necessary, IMO.

The officiating crew was as good as any we have seen in Frost, according to orusports.com that crew refs a lot of Big 10 and Big 12 games. All officials make mistakes, they just got caught up in the moment and called it based on the result, not the actual foul itself. Almost all officials would have called it intentional. I'm just glad it wasn't a 2 point game at that point.

As far as I'm concerned, its a non-issue.

I will say that unless your name is LeBron James or Blake Griffin and you know you can out muscle/jump the defender, you have no business attempting a dunk in that scenario. Pearson made a bad decision and put himself in a bad position, Sutton said as much in his press conference.
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

No one has even mentioned how awesome it was when Dykstra stuck his hand out to Pearson(?) for a hand shake after a pretty physical foul. It was classy(yet somehow sarcastic) and Pearson just slapped his hand, but did it only because he knew he'd look like a douche if he didn't acknowledge it somehow. It was awesome!
                      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                        Nagy made a comment postgame about wishing he could see stats on Dykstra since the loss to ORU, because that game lit a fire in him (or something to that affect, I can't remember exacly how he worded it...

Here you go Coach....In the last six games........FG's = 43-77 (56%), 3pts = 17-34 (50%), ft's 12-14 (86%), 32 reb, 9 ast, 2 blk, 6 to, 97 pts (16.6 ppg, and 3 20+ point games).
                        I kind of think that Jordan is in the process of taking that next step. It has always seemed to me, except for the few exceptional players, that midway thru that second season is when things really start to click. I saw it with Wolters and I hope we see the same thing from Jordan.
                        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Coach also said that Dykstra's foot is now 100% again.

Comment

Hey, their kids give them a break. Beating OR was a big deal and I am glad the kids enjoyed it. Oral Roberts players are a reflection of their Coach....wine and cry.

The foul on Griff..............play every play, contest every shot. When a player has a break away and going to dunk on you its only a natural reaction to shut it down. Was it dirty? Hell no. I just hope the yound man is OK. You hate to see anyone get hurt.

Good luck to OR in Fargo. Not really. Go Bison.

Really a great win, nice crowd and they were into it.

GBGBGJ

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            Agree with ro and others overrated as a chant is lame espicially when your 2nd place in the confence. Now if the last place team was about to win it would almost be ok then. I would have perfered an mvp chant when wolters has the ball. Would have been great to do after morrison fouled out too.

Comment

The key to the game was that it was played at the pace the Jacks wanted. It's much easier to play physical in a half-court game,and I get the impression ORU doesn't like a physical game. Bell-Holter is the only player they have that will mix it up,and he doesn't seem to be close to the player he was a couple of years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post

The foul on Griff..............play every play, contest every shot. When a player has a break away and going to dunk on you its only a natural reaction to shut it down. Was it dirty? Hell no. I just hope the yound man is OK. You hate to see anyone get hurt.

Good luck to OR in Fargo. Not really. Go Bison.

Really a great win, nice crowd and they were into it.

GBGBGJ
                                Any word on Pierson. The rotation is less than full to begin with and without Pierson, ORU will loose at NDSU. Roundtree could end up at PG, now that would be fun to see. Great effort last night by the Jack. They want this win bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X