Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bracketology

Originally posted by jacks nl View Post
    now joe has us playing indiana in portland.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology
    Indiana would be an OK matchup except for Zeller. They're falling with the loss of their senior guard.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Watching ESPN's guys talking about various schools that may not make it including Washington and Drexel. Thinking back to SDSU domination of Washington: that game was the first sign that Washington and their conference were suspect. It wasn't just the win, it was the domination by the Jackrabbits. We were playing our game and our game was significantly better in almost all aspects compared to the Huskies. What was at the time a wakeup call for Coach Romar, has turned out to be the first inkling the Huskies were having more than just a bad dream -- they were living a nightmare. It'll be real interesting to see how the selection committee treats the Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        Watching ESPN's guys talking about various schools that may not make it including Washington and Drexel. Thinking back to SDSU domination of Washington: that game was the first sign that Washington and their conference were suspect. It wasn't just the win, it was the domination by the Jackrabbits. We were playing our game and our game was significantly better in almost all aspects compared to the Huskies. What was at the time a wakeup call for Coach Romar, has turned out to be the first inkling the Huskies were having more than just a bad dream -- they were living a nightmare. It'll be real interesting to see how the selection committee treats the Pac.
        Didn't Washington win the Pac 10? I cannot fathom a regular season champ from a power conference getting left out.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

17 auto-bid champs have a higher RPI than Jacks. That also doesn't include at-large choices that are higher than Jacks 43 RPI. We should seed to an 11 or 12, then could move as low as a 13, or up to about 11. 11 or 12, matched to a 4 or 5 sounds like a geat chance to pull an upset.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
            Didn't Washington win the Pac 10? I cannot fathom a regular season champ from a power conference getting left out.
            Pac 12 winner in the conf tourney: Colorado (beat Arizona, 53-51). Washington was the regular-season champs but Colorado won the tourney (keep in mind it was Colorado's first year in the conference) and therefor got the auto-bid position. They were 11-7 in the conference, 23-11 overall.

Comment

Here's how I see it.......

16 Seeds......Western Kentucky, Vermont, Norfolk State, Detroit, Lamar, UNC Asheville

15 Seed.......Lehigh, Long Island, Loyola Maryland, Montana

14 Seed.....St. Bonaventure, Davidson, Belmont, ?????????????

The last 14 seed will come down to either us or Ohio.....we have a better RPI, they have a top 50 win. New Mexico State and Colorado, both of whom have worse RPI's, I believe will get credit for top 50 wins and tougher SOS and will move above us in seeding. Anyone else we have a better RPI than us or will be an at large bid from a power conference and therefore will be a higher seed.

That would leave us with a first round match up with the likes of Marquette, Missouri, Florida State, Michigan, Louisville, Georgetown, Memphis, Indiana, etc......either way a pretty imposing challenge, but one I'm glad we have.
              Last edited by NebraskaJack; 03-11-2012, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Andy Katz just talked on SDSU and nate wolters as a aname we'll know after this week. Dig it.
                Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

The ESPN Bracketology guys just spent a minute or so talking about Nate Wolters and the South Dakota State University Jackrabbits. They made a reference to Nate's and the team's win at Washington.

'this team can do some damage'

Just saw Thumper's post.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                    17 auto-bid champs have a higher RPI than Jacks. That also doesn't include at-large choices that are higher than Jacks 43 RPI. We should seed to an 11 or 12, then could move as low as a 13, or up to about 11. 11 or 12, matched to a 4 or 5 sounds like a geat chance to pull an upset.
                    you guys will be a 13 or 14. have fun jack fans. this was an awesome day for us back in 09. lots of excitement. enjoy it!

Comment

Originally posted by rabbitfarmer View Post
                      Cincinnati should get a better seed then us even if their rpi is higher. They have been playing well. http://bracketproject.50webs.com/matrix.htmI have a feeling this site is pretty accurate. Basically puts us at a low 14 seed. Still hoping for a 12-13.
                      well yes. they will be an 8/9 seed

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                        I think it has to due with the projections at this point. KU and MU are projected 1 and 2 seeds. Therefore, Omaha would be the closest location for them. Your interpretation of how it works is correct.
                        yes locations are not predetermined and have nothing to do with the seeds. the committee chooses who goes where. and yes,mizzou and kansas will likely be playing in omaha

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                          I didn't realize the seed matchups tied to a site location were decided prior to the teams being placed in the bracket? Good information to know...
                          cadsev is wrong. they are not predetermined or tied to locations. the higher the seed you are the better chance you have at playing at a closer location which is why mizzou and ku are likely to be in omaha. kentucky in louisville, duke unc in greensboro

Comment

Got some time on your hands this afternoon, ndsubison1?
                            /good-natured ribbing
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                            X