Clear All

• Bracketology

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

SDSU playing Louisville in Nashville

Re: Bracketology

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
    http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

SDSU playing Louisville in Nashville
    I'd hold off buying my plane ticket just yet. I think Lunardi is just penciling in the Summit Leagues best record. Still, it is nice to see for once! Let's hope it becomes a reality!
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

It will change every week, and I would be upset with a #15, but it is still fun to look at.

Comment

Jacks are up to a 13 seed in Lunardi's eyes. http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Comment

The seed isn't as important to me as would be the chacne to play in Omaha in rounds 1 & 2!

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
            The seed isn't as important to me as would be the chacne to play in Omaha in rounds 1 & 2!
            I don't think we could get that lucky, unfortunately!

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
              The womens committee certainly hasn't done the Jacks any favors in terms of location in each of the last three years.

Comment

Still does not matter if we do not beat ORU in the Summit Tourney

Comment

you have to win the tournament that is the key, but at the same time I would be shocked if SDSU wins, that they wouldn't be placed in Omaha.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    The womens committee certainly hasn't done the Jacks any favors in terms of location in each of the last three years.
                    It still baffles me today when SDSU girls was ranked in the national polls and had to play Baylor in a Texas regional and got a 7th seed at that. True travesty.
                    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                      It still baffles me today when SDSU girls was ranked in the national polls and had to play Baylor in a Texas regional and got a 7th seed at that. True travesty.
                      +1 - Yep, Jacks got hosed. But would have worked out with a consistent reffing in the Baylor game. The "touch" fouls starting in about 12 min in when the Jacks had Baylor on the ropes 25-8 were what did in the Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                        +1 - Yep, Jacks got hosed. But would have worked out with a consistent reffing in the Baylor game. The "touch" fouls starting in about 12 min in when the Jacks had Baylor on the ropes 25-8 were what did in the Jacks.
                        I think there is a difference in how the women's tournament pairs and places teams compared to the mens. I'd be shocked if a NDSU/SDSU won the Summit and wasn't placed in Omaha. When NDSU won it they were placed in Minneapolis.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                          I think there is a difference in how the women's tournament pairs and places teams compared to the mens. I'd be shocked if a NDSU/SDSU won the Summit and wasn't placed in Omaha. When NDSU won it they were placed in Minneapolis.
                          What do you guys think. I know this is a long shot but what if the Jacks in out in the regular season and barely lose in the championship game to OR and UW wins the PAC-12 would the Summit be a 2-bid year for this time.
                          "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Actually the most like scenerio to get two teams in is have ORU tied for the regular season at 17-1, and the other team win the tourney, and ORU gets in for their win over Xavier and TAMU.

Jacks have ONLY the "quality win" vs Washington. And the bad loss to UND in OOC. Only ORU has a possiblity of getting top 50 as the win over the Big12 and A-10 teams can boost.

Washington, and the PAC 12, aren't looking to get many teams in this season. Using the same bracketology, only two PAC-12 teams, in Joe's guess. MoValley puts in 3 in same estimate. I'll note that only Mizzou St plays football. Wichita St. and Creighton don't.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                              What do you guys think. I know this is a long shot but what if the Jacks in out in the regular season and barely lose in the championship game to OR and UW wins the PAC-12 would the Summit be a 2-bid year for this time.
                              I think a barely over .500 team from any of the major conferences would get in before SDSU in this scenario.

Only way SDSU gets in under your scenario is if every imaginable star aligns, and even that might not be enough.

Just my opinion.
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                              X