Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bracketology

Originally posted by Cadsev View Post
    Doubt it ... Omaha most likely won't happen. But ESPN has San Diego St playing there....that would be funny SDSU vs. SDSU....really screw with ESPN's mind.
    They would probably think it was an intrasquad practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadsev View Post
      Maybe stated before but unless SDSU is a 15 or 16 seed they won't play in Omaha. Here are the seed matchups for Omaha:

West Bracket 7 vs 10
      West Bracket 2 vs 15

Midwest Bracket 1 vs 16
      Midwest Bracket 8 vs 9

The 16 seed is a play in game and can't see that fitting SDSU...plus the winner gets Kansas. I think they'll be higher than a 15 seed. Many project 13 seed and here are the sites for 13 seed:

South Bracket Albuquerque (this is a play in game and not likely)
      East Bracket Portland
      West Bracket Nashville
      Midweat Bracket Portland

If they are a 13 seed count on them heading to Portland.
      Do you have a link for this stuff? They've never preassigned the locations before and that would make the bracket pretty hard to fill out.

Here's the bracket this year. No locations set yet.

And here's a link to how the selection committee is supposed to pick the 68 and then seed the field. http://www.ncaa.com/content/di-princ...res-selection/ But you're right Cadsev, the Jacks are probably not going to be in Omaha.

Comment

If you're curious about driving distance to the sites from Brookings, here they are: (I used Google Maps)

Albuquerque: 1106 miles, 18 hours
        Columbus, Ohio: 970 miles, almost 16 hours
        Louisville, Ky.: 910 miles, almost 15 hours
        Nashville: 973 miles, almost 16 hours
        Portland, Ore.: 1642 miles, 26 hours
        Greensboro, N.C.: 1343 miles, 22.5 hours
        Pittsburgh: 1102 miles, 18 hours
        Omaha: 238 miles, less than 4 hours

Comment

Originally posted by MinnJack View Post
          Do you have a link for this stuff? They've never preassigned the locations before and that would make the bracket pretty hard to fill out.

And here's a link to how the selection committee is supposed to pick the 68 and then seed the field. http://www.ncaa.com/content/di-princ...res-selection/ But you're right Cadsev, the Jacks are probably not going to be in Omaha.
          But from most predictions I've seen, they have Kansas as a #1 and Mizzu as a #2..... Most would expect both to go there. So you would get those "pods". Unless Iowa State or Kansas State gets the other bracket, I doubt a 12-14 seed would be playing...... but who knows

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
            But from most predictions I've seen, they have Kansas as a #1 and Mizzu as a #2..... Most would expect both to go there. So you would get those "pods". Unless Iowa State or Kansas State gets the other bracket, I doubt a 12-14 seed would be playing...... but who knows
            We'd have to be bracketed as a #14 and be moved down to the #15 line.

I'm not altogether sure that playing Mizzou would be a totally bad thing for SDSU. The Tigers are not unbeatable. I'll have to think about that matchup for a while.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
              We'd have to be bracketed as a #14 and be moved down to the #15 line.

I'm not altogether sure that playing Mizzou would be a totally bad thing for SDSU. The Tigers are not unbeatable. I'll have to think about that matchup for a while.
              I've thought about it. I don't know if anything could bring me greater joy than a huge upset of the slavers by SDSU. However, they are extremely athletic. Ricardo Ratliffe would most likely be a nightmare inside for us. I don't know if we have anyone who could stay in front of Phil Pressey. They shoot the three like we do, so we'd have to play our best perimeter defense of the season and hope some shots they normally make aren't going in.

That said, stranger upsets have happened.
              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

The USA Today has us a 13 seed playing Indiana in Albuquerque

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                  The USA Today has us a 13 seed playing Indiana in Albuquerque
                  Interesting and exciting with all the speculation out there. I am going to add my non-supported speculation and rumor just like everyone else. My rumor has the men going to Portland and playing Wisc? As good a guess as any. Two things I know for sure just like everyone else. 1 - we are in the NCAA tournament and 2 - we will all know where and who we play Sunday evening. Go luck and congratulations Jackrabbits.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Intriguing mens/women's tournament location info:

Louisville, KY: Men's 2nd/3rd Rounds (KFC Yum! Center) March 15/17; Women's 1st/2nd Rounds (Vanderbilt/Memorial Gymnasium) March 18/20 - - 179 miles apart.
                    Louisville, KY: Men's 2nd/3rd Rounds (KFC Yum! Center) March 15/17; Women's 1st/2nd Rounds (Mackey Arena, West Lafayette, IN) March 17/19 - - 181 miles apart.
                    Nashville, TN: Men's 2nd/3rd Rounds (Bridgestone Arena) March 16/18; Women's 1st/2nd Rounds (Vanderbilt/Memorial Gymnasium) March 18/20 - - 2.3 miles apart.
                    Columbus, OH: Men's 2nd/3rd Rounds (Nationwide Arena) March 16/18; Women's 1st/2nd Rounds (Stroh Center, Bowling Green, OH) March 18/20 - - 120 miles apart.
                    Greensboro, NC: Men's 2nd/3rd Rounds (Greensboro Coliseum) March 16/18; Women's 1st/2nd Rounds (Carmichael Arena, Chapel Hill NC) March 18/20 - - 55 miles apart.
                    Omaha, NE: Men's 2nd/3rd Rounds (CenturyLink Center) March 16/18; Women's 1st/2nd Rounds (Hilton Coliseum, Ames, IA) March 17/19 - - 170 miles apart.

Just throwing that out there. The chances of the two selection committees actually cooperating with little ole' South Dakota State to the extent of putting the men and women in reasonably adjacent venues are remote, of course, but fun to speculate on.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Lunardi still has us as a 13 seed, but now playing Wichita State in Portland.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Comment

Originally posted by student View Post
                        Lunardi still has us as a 13 seed, but now playing Wichita State in Portland.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology
                        Interesting matchup for us. I also think if it happens, it's just the powers that be weeding out threatening Mid-majors by pitting them against each other. Of course then....I love a good conspiracy!
                        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by MinnJack View Post

Do we have an answer on this topic re: preassigned seeds to certain sites. I've never heard that before and I would think that they would seed the tourney first and then distribute those seeds/pods to sites based on the higher seeded teams. Cadsev mentioned this first a while back in the thread related to only the 1 seed and 2 seed pods being in Omaha and that already being predetermined.
                          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                            Do we have an answer on this topic re: preassigned seeds to certain sites. I've never heard that before and I would think that they would seed the tourney first and then distribute those seeds/pods to sites based on the higher seeded teams. Cadsev mentioned this first a while back in the thread related to only the 1 seed and 2 seed pods being in Omaha and that already being predetermined.
                            I think it has to due with the projections at this point. KU and MU are projected 1 and 2 seeds. Therefore, Omaha would be the closest location for them. Your interpretation of how it works is correct.
                            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Interesting read was on how the S-curve works for the tourny, since I have never really been too in depth worried about seeding before this season. Really helps simplify how and where people get sent and how easy it is for people to shift up or down really only by a seed, and anything beyond that means the "experts" wildly disagreed with the commitee.
                              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

One thing that they are doing this year that is suppose to be new is they are actually seeding them 1-68.

Comment

Working...
                                X