Mercer GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mercer GDT

I was worried when we lost the lead. Unlike the minn and gt game the team figured out how to take it and win on the road. Great for cofrence play coming up knowing we can win close games on the road.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Oh boy, can't believe it. While I know it's better to sit Jordan to get healed up, I am so surprised to see everyone throwing out the redshirt talk. All summer I've been reading about how we didn't get a big man signed to help Wolters, and now everyone is talking about sitting one of our bigs for the year. I think they could have held him out one more game at least and then thought about bringing him back for the Nebraska game but to talk about redshirting him after 6 games is a little premature. Maybe he should sit until the conference opens in about 2 weeks, but I think it's a little early to say sit him for the entire year.
      Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Great win last night, the guys played really well!

Comment

http://www.macon.com/2011/11/24/1798...t-against.html

Comment

Thanks for that link, LakeJack. The story in the Macon paper is an example of good sports writing. I think the following quote from the story captured the spirit of the game:
            There was a little edge to the game, thanks to two active defenses, two sideline-roaming coaches, fairly quick whistles and some South Dakota State fans in the crowd. Life inside the paint was physical for the post players and anybody else who ventured down low, and both teams won’t need any turkey to be sluggish on Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
              Oh boy, can't believe it. While I know it's better to sit Jordan to get healed up, I am so surprised to see everyone throwing out the redshirt talk. All summer I've been reading about how we didn't get a big man signed to help Wolters, and now everyone is talking about sitting one of our bigs for the year. I think they could have held him out one more game at least and then thought about bringing him back for the Nebraska game but to talk about redshirting him after 6 games is a little premature. Maybe he should sit until the conference opens in about 2 weeks, but I think it's a little early to say sit him for the entire year.
              How many games can you play in before you get a medical RS. A post who only plays 50% of the games in half the games isn't really going to be much help compared to having an extra year of eligibilty at 100% healty for that year
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                How many games can you play in before you get a medical RS. A post who only plays 50% of the games in half the games isn't really going to be much help compared to having an extra year of eligibilty at 100% healty for that year
                It's premature to speculate on the medical red-shirt until more is known about the exact nature of the injury. Is it a stress fracture,a bad sprain or something else ? For now, someone with some common sense needs to hide his uniform until he is completely healed and think about what is best for the entire season,rather than the " we have to do everthing we can to win this game " mindset.

Comment

I believe it's 30% of a season--9 or 10 games, thereabouts.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    I believe it's 30% of a season--9 or 10 games, thereabouts.
                    So if your going to get a bad injury its best to get it early in the season.

Comment

If it means he sits out the non-conference games and only plays in the conference games, I'm all for him missing some games. Sure the out of conference games help for at-large bids, but the conference games are what really matters.
                      Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Mercer lost to Belmont 82-78 on Saturday. Belmont's two losses have been to ranked teams, although Middle Tenn State took them to 2OT as well.

Comment

Mercer beats Utah State to win the CIT.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                          X