Mercer GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mercer GDT

Very nice win for the Jacks. Showed some fortitude to hold onto the game on the road. No way we win this game a few years ago.

Comment

Final 74-61.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
        72-61 at 50 sec left. Mercer fouling, Griff hiits 2nd, 74-61 Jacks.

4 Jacks in double figures.
        This a statement win? On the road, foul trouble, top player injured, newcomers stepping up?

Comment

Great win to hold one in a close game and pull away at the end.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Huge win for the Jacks and the Summit League's RPI
            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
              Was it goaltending?
              No, one ref called a charge on Mercer player and another ref called a block on the Jacks. The refs get together and changed the call to a block foul on the Jacks and then counted the basket. Only problem is Tyler Merriman said they missed the shot and Nagy was livid, almost got a T. Later he did get a T, and I think this played into it. Crazy stuff.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                Very nice win for the Jacks. Showed some fortitude to hold onto the game on the road. No way we win this game a few years ago.
                I'll say it again. This is the first year it really feels like we have an honest-to-goodness Division I basketball team since we moved up--taking nothing away from what the team last year did. But that team was more grit, hustle, and experience. This one is more talent and ability--a lot of it still raw, undeveloped talent and ability.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

My favorite part is that the jacks showed they can win 3 games in 3 days and in the situation did it with out probably the 2nd best player on the team. That bodes well for confidence come tourny time.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                    This a statement win? On the road, foul trouble, top player injured, newcomers stepping up?
                    I think it might be--for the players, anyway. For people around the country, it's going to be a meh? Mercer? Who? win.

But this was a gut-check game for the Jackrabbits.

It will mean nothing, of course, if the youngsters don't build on it in Lincoln and beyond. The Nebraska game could be that statement game--Nebraska is a pretty good team this year--they're an near-top-50 (52) Sagarin team as of today. That would be a Good Win if the Jacks could get it.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Great win. Dykstra out, Nate in foul trouble, on the road. I was worried about the game after looking at Mercer's scores against the other teams in the tournament.
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

And with Wolters riding pine for about 6 minutes at crunch time, the subs stepped up really played tough to keep the Jacks ahead. Very impressive. 16 Wolters, 14 Griff, 12 Prince, 11 White. Nice balance on scoring.

Comment

Mercer coach comments:

SDSU had a lot to do with what happened tonight, we did too.
                          We had turnovers, they came down and had shots.
                          23 turnovers--it was awful. They had a lot to do with it. They are a savvy team, an older team, they've been around.
                          (and then I started listening to Nagy . . .)
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            Mercer coach comments:

SDSU had a lot to do with what happened tonight, we did to.
                            We had turnovers, they came down and had shots.
                            23 turnovers--it was awful. They had a lot to do with it. They are a savvy team, an older team, they've been around.
                            (and then I started listening to Nagy . . .)
                            We're the older team? Jeeze, teams better look the eff out next year then.
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                              We're the older team? Jeeze, teams better look the eff out next year then.
                              Yeah, I thought that was a curious comment, too . . .
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I can't believe Dykstra played. I and really can't believe he re-aggrivated the ankle. Stupid. Medical redshirt crossed my mind as well...how far in is to far in to get it?

Anyhow, NICE win. I'd like to hear more explanation on the FG that wasn't...was it goaltending then? If the Mercer coach mentioned us being old, that makes twice this year at least...Niagara player said same thing....I think they were in fact younger though...1 junior, 1 sophmore and 3 freshman.

Someone mentioned it....in years past we would've lost this game....when Mercer pulled to within three, it sounds like we stepped it up a notch and pulled away again.
                                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                                X