Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Exhibition: Sdsu v msum

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    How did we look when Wolters was on the bench?
    He played 37 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
      I thought that I saw them on the floor together in the 2nd half so I looked back at the play-by-play(in the 2nd). They were both out there from the 9:19-8:03 mark in the 2nd half. That isn't much time but it looked like Nagy wanted either Griffen or Marcus playing the PF spot and either Feigen or Dykstra playing the C position. We'll have to see how Marcus evolves and those 4 players split time at those 2 spots.
      I think Marcus played good on the defensive end but he looked a little out of place on the offensive end. That might just be that he's a little behind from splitting time with baseball or it could be that it's just the 1st exhibition game of the year.
      Prince played pretty good. He seemed to really look comfortable out there for being a freshman. The only thing I didn't really like out of him was that he took the ball to the hole with 2 seconds left in the game when we were up by 11 points. Just take the ball out and run the clock out. They weren't going to foul so we shouldn't be scoring. Horstman took the ball to the hole about 5 seconds before that but since he is a true freshman and he hasn't scored a college point, yet, I might overlook that.
      Nagy seemed to want this more than he normally does for an exhibition game. He normally plays everybody and spreads the minutes out. This year he played 4 starters and Dykstra at least 24 minutes. There were only 4 players that got much time off the bench. I'm not going to count Alex Olson's 1 minute.
      Horstman and Prince played. I don't know if that's showed what freshmen will play this year or not but at least that gives us a idea of what might happen with the freshmen.
      I love Griffen's heart and willingness to battle with PF's that are 4-plus inches taller,but I don't think this team can get to the next level with a 6'4" PF. I would love to see a Dykstra,Fiegen,Griffen,White and Wolters line-up.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
        Prince played pretty good. He seemed to really look comfortable out there for being a freshman. The only thing I didn't really like out of him was that he took the ball to the hole with 2 seconds left in the game when we were up by 11 points. Just take the ball out and run the clock out. They weren't going to foul so we shouldn't be scoring. Horstman took the ball to the hole about 5 seconds before that but since he is a true freshman and he hasn't scored a college point, yet, I might overlook that.
        Prince is a true freshman too I believe.

I really don't care. He didn't play all that much and he wanted to score, good for him. They kept their press on till the very end; if they didn't want anyone to score they should have played better defense.

And I really really think Dykstra and Fiegen should be playing side by side. They are our two best posts. Plus, playing Griff at the 3 would be a pretty solid defensive lineup, comparatively speaking.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          Prince is a true freshman too I believe.

I really don't care. He didn't play all that much and he wanted to score, good for him. They kept their press on till the very end; if they didn't want anyone to score they should have played better defense.

And I really really think Dykstra and Fiegen should be playing side by side. They are our two best posts. Plus, playing Griff at the 3 would be a pretty solid defensive lineup, comparatively speaking.
          While i agree about Jordan and Tony,it's gonna depend on how much Marcus improved. Last night wasn't enough of a sample size to determine that.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            I love Griffen's heart and willingness to battle with PF's that are 4-plus inches taller,but I don't think this team can get to the next level with a 6'4" PF. I would love to see a Dykstra,Fiegen,Griffen,White and Wolters line-up.
            I think this line-up will get the bulk of the minutes as the season progresses. Might not start these 5 but they will play the most minutes. Wolters is likely to average 35 plus minutes in conference games, rest him in the less important games. Dykstra's condition was an issue last year and was an issue this fall, hopefully it is getting better. Need Marcus to be able to spell him for stints so he can get a blow. Carlson should be versatile enough to defend the forward position and play the 2, 3, and maybe even a little bit at 4 although he is clearly undersized. I'm guessing Zach M will redshirt especially with the knee issue. I think both Zach H and Price are going to play.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Looking at the stats, our 3 point shoot was not good. Glad to see the team be effective scoring when the 3 isnt dropping. The things that probably jumped out at me the most is Prince played 2nd fewest minutes. The way they have talked about him I figured he would have seen more time early to see what he can do in a game.

Probably the biggest thing I noticed was Carlson, his stats seemed to be pretty effective, most steals assists and tied for most rebounds and only took 2 shots and scored 6 points.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Here is the video of Tony Fiegen's big block that was the play of the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sroXPRIO3qM

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu_drake View Post

Not bad at all.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu_drake View Post

That was impressive, and good work on Tony' part. He sensed what was about to happen and put a stop that would make most coaches very happy.

Comment

The block itself was impressive. But the hustle to get there says a lot more about Fiegen's game. He covered alot of ground to get there. Great play.

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      That was impressive, and good work on Tony' part. He sensed what was about to happen and put a stop that would make most coaches very happy.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        Looking at the stats, our 3 point shoot was not good. Glad to see the team be effective scoring when the 3 isnt dropping. The things that probably jumped out at me the most is Prince played 2nd fewest minutes. The way they have talked about him I figured he would have seen more time early to see what he can do in a game.

Probably the biggest thing I noticed was Carlson, his stats seemed to be pretty effective, most steals assists and tied for most rebounds and only took 2 shots and scored 6 points.
                        I was a little bit surprised that Prince didn't play that many minutes but from listening to Nagy's post game comments and from a few little things I've heard. He will get his minutes they just want to ease him in a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
                          The block itself was impressive. But the hustle to get there says a lot more about Fiegen's game. He covered alot of ground to get there. Great play.
                          Then I thought about it. We shouldn't have been so out of position that he had to recover in the first place. Either way though greatt effort to get back.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                            I was a little bit surprised that Prince didn't play that many minutes but from listening to Nagy's post game comments and from a few little things I've heard. He will get his minutes they just want to ease him in a little bit.
                            It could also have been a case of Nagy thinking he knows what he's got in Prince, so didn't feel the need to put him on the court for as many minutes as some of the other guys to see how they perform in game conditions.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              Then I thought about it. We shouldn't have been so out of position that he had to recover in the first place. Either way though greatt effort to get back.
                              Actually, I think Tony was thoroughly motivated to not hear from Nagy on why he lost his man on defense. The Jacks wre pressing on the inbounds pass, and Tony momentarily lost his man. But his hustle and incredible job of blocking the dunk made up for it all...and as others have mentioned, the play did more than just stop an easy dunk for Moorhead...it lit up the fans and the team and I believe it was a key play of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                                Actually, I think Tony was thoroughly motivated to not hear from Nagy on why he lost his man on defense. The Jacks wre pressing on the inbounds pass, and Tony momentarily lost his man. But his hustle and incredible job of blocking the dunk made up for it all...and as others have mentioned, the play did more than just stop an easy dunk for Moorhead...it lit up the fans and the team and I believe it was a key play of the game.
                                I won't argue your thoughts on it. I think the effort was key. Out of position oe not. Very easily a player could have let them go unattested for an easy basket. I think the fast that tony went for it shows a ilittle commitment to D. Tyler made it sound good on the radio and it looked even better on the highlight reel.

Comment

Working...
                                X