Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Exhibition: Sdsu v msum

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
    Anyone else having problems with gojacks video?
    yea it was messing up and still flickers but hey it's preseason and they got to get the kinks out also

Comment

Video has been better for me since midway through 1st half. Moorhead does look pretty good but if we make some of these open threes we would have a bigger lead. In the past, it seemed Nagy treated this as an exhibition pt wise. So far, it seems different. Prince just got in and havent seen Francis or Zach M yet.

Heemstra looks very nervous. Hope he can calm down and contribute this year.

Comment

I finally got the video to work and then it went into buffering about every 15 seconds. At least I had the the score. SDSU did not loose to MSU Moorhead. It looks like they will be a force in the NSIC this year.

Comment

Can I get a recap from someone, or at least a score?
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
            Video has been better for me since midway through 1st half. Moorhead does look pretty good but if we make some of these open threes we would have a bigger lead. In the past, it seemed Nagy treated this as an exhibition pt wise. So far, it seems different. Prince just got in and havent seen Francis or Zach M yet.

Heemstra looks very nervous. Hope he can calm down and contribute this year.
            Regardless what Nagy said in the pregame chat with Tyler,he seemed to take the game more serious that in the past.The main players played a lot of minutes.

I thought they did a good job of extending the defense and hurting Moorheads 3 pt. shooting. Nate was Nate,he's gonna shoot a lot of free throws this year,just like tonight. 3 pt. shooting was brutal,and we didn't do a very good job of boxing out.Other than that it was an exhibition game...meh

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
              77-64 Nate had 24 points.

Comment

77-64 final.

We got good looks all night but we were ice cold. Nate looked like Nate. Dykstra couldn't hit early but looked good. Fiegen looked good. Chad White couldn't make a thing but was getting open looks. The offense will be fine.

D looked good at times but we got killed in the post at other times. Marcus looked lost on offense and defense which was a little discouraging.

Defense will need to step up throughout the year, but we knew that already.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Thanks guys.
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Thoughts:

MSU-Moorhead is actually an impressive D2 team, especially their front line. Most D2 bigs are either undersized or pretty stiff, but these guys were neither, and actually dunked in traffic when the opportunity lent itself. They will compete for the NSIC title this year if they stay healthy.

The Jacks' defense looked pretty good up till the end of the game when they got a little sloppy.

Jacks' still need to rebound better on the defensive end, but offensive boards weren't bad.

Nate Wolters is still smoother than Keystone Light (if that's even possible ).

3 point shooting was pretty awful, as the Jacks missed a lot of open looks. Should get better, as there are a lot of good shooterss on this team that just had an off night.

All three of SDSU's bigs (Dykstra, Fiegen, and Heemstra) played pretty well on the defensive end, and Fiegen's offensive game looks like it has made some good progress over the offseason. Heemstra had some moments out there that bode well for the team going forward, just needs to work towards more consistency. Dykstra had a pretty good inside/outside game going on the offensive end and held his own on the defensive end. None of them dominated but all showed progress from last season.

Overall, it looked like the Jacks first game of the year and they were still trying to figure out their roles, especially on the offensive end. There is plenty of room for improvement, but there were a lot of good things that happened on the court that should give Jackrabbit fans a positive outlook for the upcoming season.
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

Just returned home from the game. Overall, a good exhibition game. The Jacks had moments when they turned up the heat on defense and we had a look at what I think this team is capable of doing after having the experience of a few games. We were shooting pretty cold but that will straighten out.

Moorhead has a nice team. I think I heard they're picked #5 in the NSIC preseason -- I hope that prediction was off otherwise the top four teams in the NSIC will be quite strong. I think our defense stifled (and frustrated) MSUM at times but I wonder how they'd be if they played against that defense all the time. They have some athletes who will adjust.

The Jacks won 19 games last year. We have the potential to be significantly better this year. It should be fun! Go Jacks.

Comment

The Fiegen shot block was the highlight of the night. I don't think Fiegen and Dykstra were on the floor together at all - one would think that has to happen somewhere down the line.

Comment

I would think we may need the pair on the court together some against Minnesota. That will be the best front line we face all year with plenty of length, strength, and experience.

Comment

How did we look when Wolters was on the bench?
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Some lapses on defense, could have pushed the ball a little more. Didn't rebound as well as we will need to, they got way too many 2nd looks. Several chances to really blow them out early that didn't happen because Coach had a plan that didn't include worrying about the score.

All-in-all a decent effort and a comfortable victory but things to work on for sure. Nagy mentioned in the post-game interview that the guys had a couple days off. He doesn't like that, says they lose focus. I think that is a major issue that Grif, Nate, Tony, and Chad should be charged with preventing from happening.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                                The Fiegen shot block was the highlight of the night. I don't think Fiegen and Dykstra were on the floor together at all - one would think that has to happen somewhere down the line.
                                I thought that I saw them on the floor together in the 2nd half so I looked back at the play-by-play(in the 2nd). They were both out there from the 9:19-8:03 mark in the 2nd half. That isn't much time but it looked like Nagy wanted either Griffen or Marcus playing the PF spot and either Feigen or Dykstra playing the C position. We'll have to see how Marcus evolves and those 4 players split time at those 2 spots.
                                I think Marcus played good on the defensive end but he looked a little out of place on the offensive end. That might just be that he's a little behind from splitting time with baseball or it could be that it's just the 1st exhibition game of the year.
                                Prince played pretty good. He seemed to really look comfortable out there for being a freshman. The only thing I didn't really like out of him was that he took the ball to the hole with 2 seconds left in the game when we were up by 11 points. Just take the ball out and run the clock out. They weren't going to foul so we shouldn't be scoring. Horstman took the ball to the hole about 5 seconds before that but since he is a true freshman and he hasn't scored a college point, yet, I might overlook that.
                                Nagy seemed to want this more than he normally does for an exhibition game. He normally plays everybody and spreads the minutes out. This year he played 4 starters and Dykstra at least 24 minutes. There were only 4 players that got much time off the bench. I'm not going to count Alex Olson's 1 minute.
                                Horstman and Prince played. I don't know if that's showed what freshmen will play this year or not but at least that gives us a idea of what might happen with the freshmen.

Comment

Working...
                                X