Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: So, evidently Stu is still bitter...

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    As for Stu, I canceled my Argus script based on his amateur behavior 6 months ago and I haven't missed him one bit. I access the website and read what I want, I never read Stu and for that my life is better. Those who enjoy his writing should continue to read, those who don't have the option to do what jacks1 and I did as a way to send a message.
    The sad fact is, good journalists like terry vandrovec suffer with things such as furloughs when people chance cancel their subscriptions due to STUpidity...

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
      The sad fact is, good journalists like terry vandrovec suffer with things such as furloughs when people chance cancel their subscriptions due to STUpidity...
      To me, the benefits from supporting Terry Vandrovec's coverage by purchasing a subscription far outweigh the opportunity to send a message regarding Stu's writings by canceling a subscription. In other words, I'd much rather have the opportunity to read Terry's work and ignore Stu's than not have the ability to do either.
      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
        To me, the benefits from supporting Terry Vandrovec's coverage by purchasing a subscription far outweigh the opportunity to send a message regarding Stu's writings by canceling a subscription. In other words, I'd much rather have the opportunity to read Terry's work and ignore Stu's than not have the ability to do either.
        I follow TV on twitter and use the online version of the Argus to read TV. I understand that the service is free to users but it does generate ad income. I won't be subscribing to the print version of the Argus again until Stu Whitney leaves. I suggest the same for others.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Lol people still subscribe to newspapers?
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            Lol people still subscribe to newspapers?

Im sure there are plenty of older people that dont use computes that still buy newspapers. Those same people are the ones in the checkout line at walmart or some other store that is writing a check because they dont trust or understand a debit card. But then if they dont have a computer i suppose they cant check their account online. Im glad im not old.(er)

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
              Im sure there are plenty of older people that dont use computes that still buy newspapers. Those same people are the ones in the checkout line at walmart or some other store that is writing a check because they dont trust or understand a debit card. But then if they dont have a computer i suppose they cant check their account online. Im glad im not old.(er)
              Your attack on whatever it is you define as "older" in a perjorative sense sounds a little like a political discussion and I don't think we want that on the board, do we? Some of us who subscribe to newspapers and can also build and program computers, will laugh of some who, when the internet goes down, are lost. But, why start such class warfare on the SDSU Fans message board?

Newspapers are just finding out how to deal with all the changes...Those that figure it out will be those that figure out their audience. That's a rather old idea.

Comment

Time for pie on this thread?

[added: my wife said: getting a little sensitive about age these days? Actually just tired of having to look at a Stu thread when new posts are made -- the sad life of a moderator.]

Comment

As J#1F can attest, being a senior that is computer literate is a great way to pick up chicks!

Try Starbucks at 156th & Dodge in Omaha on a Sunday morning. I have Susan's phone number and she has a pic of a couple of old duffers on line. (BTW she is definately not a senior!)

"Hope springs eternal!!" Now if I can just find 156th & Dodge again!

Go Jacks!!

With that, you have my vote to close the thread JD!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    Your attack on whatever it is you define as "older" in a perjorative sense sounds a little like a political discussion and I don't think we want that on the board, do we? Some of us who subscribe to newspapers and can also build and program computers, will laugh of some who, when the internet goes down, are lost. But, why start such class warfare on the SDSU Fans message board?

Newspapers are just finding out how to deal with all the changes...Those that figure it out will be those that figure out their audience. That's a rather old idea.
                    Thanks for this post. Age will get all in the end, unless MitchellRabbit has found the fountain of youth. Roy, I trying to remember what business are at the intersection of 156th and Dodge. I cant recall if Starbucks was there when I left in 2005 or not. Oh well greet Susan if you find it again. She sounds like a ton of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                      Time for pie on this thread?

[added: my wife said: getting a little sensitive about age these days? Actually just tired of having to look at a Stu thread when new posts are made -- the sad life of a moderator.]
                      We do seem to be approaching the Pummeled Equine Event Horizon . . .
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Stu votes to shut this one down....done.

Comment

Working...
                        X