Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: So, evidently Stu is still bitter...

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    It won't happen. USD doesn't have the passionate following that SDSU enjoys. Just look at their game chats or their message board. Stu knows that an article about SDSU will get 10x the hits that one on any other school in the state.
    Lets face it Stu knows how to push our buttons. I do not think we should call him stupid, in doing so we feed the troll.

Comment

Houston Baptist is my new favorite team!

Comment

Originally posted by jaysalum1 View Post
        Houston Baptist is my new favorite team!
        I wonder where the article coming from STU is going to slam USD for following the coattails and prove that they are fools for thinking then could even make it out of D-2. If stu wrote an article slamming USD I would actually support USD more.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Appalling loss by USD women not a good sign for the future

By Stu Whitney, Sioux Falls Argus-Leader

If you were seeking good news concerning the USD women's basketball team Thursday, you had to settle for this: Amber Hegge is coming back for her senior year.

The bad news? Everything else.

Yes, it was that depressing at the Great West first round at Orem, Utah, where a nonexistent crowd of 210 showed up to watch an uninspiring effort by the Coyotes, whose latest bid for Division I respectability was (you guessed it) unsuccessful.

Worse, it can not be said that USD lost to a talented Houston Baptist team, considering that the Huskies came into the game winning just three of twenty-seven games this season. They may be Huskies, but they are no UConn.

The Huskies, who will face North Dakota on Friday, are not quicker, deeper, stronger, or more skilled than the Coyotes. They are, however, luckier. and just simply wanted the game more than the Coyotes who, true to the attitude of their institution towards their transition from Division II to Division I, simply expected things to go their way.

"Really, as a basketball team, we suck," said Huskies coach Mary Gleason, whose team built a 9 point halftime lead over the overconfident Coyotes. "I guess tonight that Dakota just sucked harder."

Still, it's not as simple as just dismissing the loss as a one-off case of a vastly superior team playing down to--actually well below--the level of their obviously inferior opponent. Rather, it served as a painful reminder of just how far the Coyotes still have to go.

Despite having a 20-win season within their reach, USD choked big-time against a truly horrible women's basketball team and totally pissed that 20-win season down their legs.

While Houston Baptist looks ahead to being totally obliterated by a North Dakota team that split the season series with USD, the Coyotes bid farewell to senior guard Teresa Case who, truth be told, was pretty much a bench-warmer this season.
          More at the Argus Leader web site, I'm sure . . .

Actually, I felt more than a little unclean even writing this parody. I apologize to the USD women's basketball team, and specifically to players Amber Hegge and Teresa Case, and also to Houston Baptist coach Mary Gleason for mentioning them in this parody article. If Stu Whitney had a soul, he would apologize for that atrocious article he wrote.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Okay, I'll bite. I have read 3 pages on here, so forgive me if I have a few reruns. 1st...The very title is absurd. Saying the future of SDSU hoops is dim simply b/c we lost to a team who is 40-2 in conference play the last 2 seasons just makes you wonder, before reading any further, if the author is either an idiot or has a vendetta. ORU got thumped by Oak on Tues. Is their future cloudy? 2nd...If this was Terry saying this we might all sit up and give it a good thought. But since it is this hack who has cast so many stones before, we just shrug it off like it's the little boy who cried "wolf!". Oh, sure we get upset, but how many ppl actually gave it an honest thought since it came from the grey haired, cig smoking, State-hater? One of Stu's very employees said to me about this article (while agreeing it was a "bit much"): "SD hates Stu, so even if Stu is right, he's wrong". Yep. Basically means the small market Mariotti has little credibility. It's like asking a Michigan fan to break down the Buckeyes. 3rd....Seems to me, the very game Stu was talking about, that led him to say Wolters was the only bright spot, that Dykstra had a better game....AGAINST A PROJECTED NBA 1ST RND DRAFT PICK CENTER NO LESS! And SD native Chad White also had a strong game. Both freshman....yet ANY mention of them as far as playing a part in the Jacks future? Of course not. We wouldn't want facts to cloud up one bitter writers latest attention grab, would we? Maybe it's all Jacks fans being oversensitive. Believe me, I've asked myself this a hundred times. Maybe Stu is the angry 8 yr old whose dad wworks too much and mom can't pull herself away from Guiding Light and he knows the only way to get attention is to be a "lil stinker". Great, works for Jason Whitlock...oh wait, he's rellevant. I think there is something there. Not sure what it is but at least I know I must take it as serious as I take an issue of Nat'l Enquirer. In an unrelated note...I heard Obama has a gay partner & they share a vacation home w/ Elvis.
            Last edited by TeaJackrabbit; 03-12-2011, 02:13 AM. Reason: oops

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
              I heard Obama has a gay partner & they share a vacation home w/ Elvis.
              This little phrase got you some good rep points and Stu has pushed another button among SDSU Fandom. Any other shocking news today?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                Lets face it Stu knows how to push our buttons. I do not think we should call him stupid, in doing so we feed the troll.
                I just thought his middle name was "pid"
                Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
                Muhammad Ali

Comment

Given the state of business at the Argus, I think they welcome the strong reactions to Mr. Whitney's columns. If it can get someone/anyone to buy their paper it has to be good.
                  You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

On a brighter note, I look forward to Stu's stern assessment of the OG GBB program after they laid an egg vs. BV last night in the AA Tournament.

Congrats to Coach Stadem and the Lynx Girls for their first State Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                      If it can get someone/anyone to buy their paper it has to be good.
                      But did it cause anyone to buy a paper?

I would say no. Stu is 'selling' a product that few people want to buy these days. And that's one of the reasons why the Argus is in the state that its in.

Comment

the latest salvo from the king d0uch3 of SD sportswriters...
                        From twitter (in all fairness this was a re-tweet I DO NOT follow Stu)
                        Stu Whitney

Breaking: The SDSU men have an outside shot of getting a bid to the Tri-State boys basketball tournament. Still need some things to happen.

Classy...real classy

Comment

I can't believe Whitney sent that. Are you sure the tweet wasn't from a spoof twitter account. I don't do twitter but I'm having someone who does check Whitney's real account.

Comment

Slosho's report is accurate.

Stu's twitter account shows he was asked a question by dellsjack (Stu re-tweeted the message) "Why are you so anti-SDSU?" Whitney responded: "Just addressing the absurdity of post-season tournaments when fifth place Summit team expects a bid."

There you have it. That was, pure and simple, another hard shot at SDSU men's basketball. If he truly wanted to 'address the absurdity of post-season tourneys', he would not have taken the shot at SDSU.

Whitney behaves like a 10-year old. He has no sense of professionalism.

I'm going back to: Don't let Whitney rent space in one's head.

How about everyone just ignore him (just a suggestion -- you can post away if that's what moves you but be mindful of the fact he's reading and giggling...the more criticism he receives, the more his oddball ego is fed).

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                              Slosho's report is accurate.

Stu's twitter account shows he was asked a question by dellsjack (Stu re-tweeted the message) "Why are you so anti-SDSU?" Whitney responded: "Just addressing the absurdity of post-season tournaments when fifth place Summit team expects a bid."

There you have it. That was, pure and simple, another hard shot at SDSU men's basketball. If he truly wanted to 'address the absurdity of post-season tourneys', he would not have taken the shot at SDSU.

Whitney behaves like a 10-year old.

I'm going back to: Don't let Whitney rent space in one's head.

How about everyone just ignore him (just a suggestion -- you can post away if that's what moves you but be mindful of the fact he's reading and giggling...the more criticism he receives, the more his oddball ego is fed).
                              In all honesty, did anyone really EXPECT a post-season bid? I think it was more of something people were just talking about and it was a long shot but still a possibility.

I think that's what makes me a little perplexed as to what Stu-pid said. I didn't really expect the SDSU men to get into a tourney but it was interesting to discuss and to see if there was an actual chance.
                              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                                In all honesty, did anyone really EXPECT a post-season bid? I think it was more of something people were just talking about and it was a long shot but still a possibility.

I think that's what makes me a little perplexed as to what Stu-pid said. I didn't really expect the SDSU men to get into a tourney but it was interesting to discuss and to see if there was an actual chance.
                                ...rumor has it dellsjack addressed this with Stu in a follow-up tweet
                                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Working...
                                X