2005 Recruits`

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2005 Recruits`

We should know what we got on Wednesday April 13 which is less than 3 days away. There could be surprises and maybe some disappointments.

Apparently Wessels is more set on being a Hawkeye than anything else, but article suggests he has not shut door on the lower divisions. With Troy Larson doing most of the recruiting footwork and is very Iowa connected, I second Jackmd comment that Nagy is most likely aware of Wessels.

On the other hand, the fact that UNI nor Iowa State have not grabbed him makes you wonder about his ability to play D1 ball.

Again UNI and ISU recruiting needs may not have include the skills that thisis young man has to offer.
    Its all kind of hard to figure out without more details, but judging from the article, this young man could fit our program. Good sized guards are what we lacked this past season.

Comment

I have not seen the kid mentioned with ISU and I would guess that he is probably not Big12 material. There is a huge difference between ISU and SDSU regarding the kids they recruit, so I wouldn't be concerned if ISU has not offered the kid. Or even UNI for that matter...they have a heck of a good program going. Just my 2 cents....
      ________
      Jeep Jeepster Specifications
      Last edited by CycloneJack; 02-15-2011, 12:03 AM.

Comment

It appears Sioux City East First's Team All-State guard will spurn numerous scholarship offers and walk-on at Iowa.

Comment

I wonder if Jack's football recruit Mike Steffan of Mount Vernon could also help the Jacks basketball team. Did anyone see him play?

Comment

Looks like the Women's team picked up another good one. A South Dakota girl via a North Dakota Jr. College.  

http://www.wahpetondailynews.com/art...s/sports01.txt

Wasland will join Jackrabbits of South Dakota State

WAHPETON, N.D. -- Lindsey Wasland, the leading scorer and rebounder for the 2005 North Dakota State College of Science, will be doing her scoring and rebounding next season in a South Dakota State University uniform as the 5-foot-9 forward from Wallace, S.D., will play for the NCAA Div. I Jackrabbits in 2006.

As a third-team All-American, first-team All-Region 13 and Mon-Dak All-Conference selection, Wasland led the Lady Wildcats in scoring with 16.3 points per game and led her squad with 8.57 rebounds per game. Wasland was also named the Mon-Dak Conference Most Valuable Player her freshman year.  .  .  .

"I'm very excited," Wasland said about joining the Jackrabbit program. "It's been a dream of mine since I was a little kid to play there."

Prior to junior college, Wasland spent her prep career at Watertown (S.D.) High School. At Watertown, Wasland averaged 10 points and eight rebounds per game.

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Jacks incoming 6'10 recruits Mark Engen and Bob Billitz were on a list by Minnesota Preps of top 30 seniors. All three of NDSU's incoming Minnesota's players were also on the list.

Comment

With the signing of Wasland that is 6 incoming recruits.. Not sure how many of the 8 on the existing roster from last year are on scholarship. Maybe there is one more walk-on out there to complete a 15 player roster.

Comment

Here is a link to a quick interview with Cam Hornby.

http://www.hooplife.ca/fullarticle.a...;articleid=276

Go State! ;D

Comment

I have not seen anything on the Jacks website officially announcing the signing of Lindsey Wasland or any new men's recruits prior to the end of the May 18th signing date.

Comment

I have wondered about the same thing. I had a thought that maybe they were "saving up" some news for the Stan Marshall. Just an idea.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Is Ron Lenz Back?

That may have something to do with it as well.
                        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

From gojacks.com:

South Dakota State has signed another point guard to a letter of intent, indicating he will enroll at SDSU and participate in the Jackrabbit men’s basketball program.

Joining the Jackrabbits next season will be Jose Frias (free-as), a New York city native who played at Allen Hancock Community College in Santa Monica, Ca.

Frias averaged 11 points, 5 assists and 2.8 steals per game for a 15-13 JC team in the 2003-04 season. He did not play during the past season, and will have two years of eligibility remaining.

Frias is a 2002 graduate of the Hyde School in Woodstock, Conn., where he scored 1,037 career points. He is the son of Jose Frias, Sr., and Mercedes Michel
                          Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by bub94
                            From gojacks.com:

South Dakota State has signed another point guard to a letter of intent, indicating he will enroll at SDSU and participate in the Jackrabbit men’s basketball program.

Joining the Jackrabbits next season will be Jose Frias (free-as), a New York city native who played at Allen Hancock Community College in Santa Monica, Ca.

Frias averaged 11 points, 5 assists and 2.8 steals per game for a 15-13 JC team in the 2003-04 season. He did not play during the past season, and will have two years of eligibility remaining.

Frias is a 2002 graduate of the Hyde School in Woodstock, Conn., where he scored 1,037 career points. He is the son of Jose Frias, Sr., and Mercedes Michel
                            I'd like to hear Jose's story . . . how he went from New York City to California and thence to Brookings. Sounds like an interesting trip.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I've been trying to do some research on Jose, all I have found out so far is he's listed at 6'1 180lbs.  I'm sure that in the coming days we will learn more about him.

Comment

I did the same by going onto Allen Hancock Community College's website. Since he didn't play this past year info is hard to find. This definitely makes us deeper at the point guard position. I wonder how he got on the the Jacks radar.

Comment

Working...
                                X