@ ORU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: @ ORU

We need an alpha dog that wants to take over and win games... ehem, Wolters please.

It's good to see Sargent want that pressure but his shot selection has been awful late in close games.

Comment

That sucked

Comment

this team still lacks Toughness. good players hit open jump shots. Great Players play to contact and get to the free throw line at the end of games.

We lack any post presence, and can't punish the other team in the transition game when they send 4 to the offensive glass. That will need to get fixed if we want to finish in the top three of this league next year.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
          When Jacks figure out how to win these close ones, they will have arrived. Until then, their inexperience is showing.
          yep. something along these lines.

We're improved. Much improved actually. But we're still not there yet. But it's coming. You can see it's coming.

Comment

Originally posted by HoboJack View Post
            this team still lacks Toughness. good players hit open jump shots. Great Players play to contact and get to the free throw line at the end of games.

We lack any post presence, and can't punish the other team in the transition game when they send 4 to the offensive glass. That will need to get fixed if we want to finish in the top three of this league next year.
            At this point, we'll never finish top 4 even, because there are 4 teams we can never beat, even though all 4 are beatable. You know 'em and I know 'em.
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

We're improved. Much improved actually. But we're still not there yet. But it's coming. You can see it's coming.
              Thanks I needed that

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                Even with the most "homer" refs in the league we should have won this game.
                ORU gets calls regardless of where they play in this league. It's disgusting. They push the limits to the max from the tip and then Sutton rides the refs like a rented mule and they decide they can't call everything. Then ORU just continues to beat the hell out of everyone.

Least favorite team in the league, easily. It will be hard to cheer against USD against them.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  Giving up WAY WAY too many offensive rebounds
                  18 tonight. Still don't know why we don't play zone against more athletic teams like that.....even Nagy said it worked against Oakland....yet we continue to try and play man.

Quicker slashing teams just kill us that way....they were 1-12 shooting threes yet we don't go into a zone and force them to shoot from outside? Why are some coaches so damn stubborn with their man defense.....yeah, I'm a little frustrated!!!

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

Darn you and your positive attitude. I wanna be crabby and you complain and you and your good outlook. Wish I could have that outlook with this team.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                      18 tonight. Still don't know why we don't play zone against more athletic teams like that.....even Nagy said it worked against Oakland....yet we continue to try and play man.

Quicker slashing teams just kill us that way....they were 1-12 shooting threes yet we don't go into a zone and force them to shoot from outside? Why are some coaches so damn stubborn with their man defense.....yeah, I'm a little frustrated!!!
                      Yeah, coaches needed to recognize that the inside was killing us. well keep them from the inside.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Losing the rebounding by 16 killed us tonight, that and not having an answer inside in the closing minutes. Can't rely on the three when you are only shooting around 35%.
                        “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                          We need an alpha dog that wants to take over and win games... ehem, Wolters please.

It's good to see Sargent want that pressure but his shot selection has been awful late in close games.
                          Ding, ding. The sophomore needs to take the bull by the horns and go with it. He can drive, he can shoot, he can draw contact and he can make FT's. Maybe the guy in the blue blazer needs to make this clear..."you son are the man who is going to lead this team to a win". Or something to that affect.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post

We actually played quite a bit of zone tonight, at least more than I've seen us play before.

I'm with you on the 18 offensive rebounds. That is the single reason we lost tonight. Not because Clint was taking shots similar to the other 450 or so he has made in his career. We didn't need an alpha dog. We didn't rebound well enough, end of story.
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              Yeah, coaches needed to recognize that the inside was killing us. well keep them from the inside.
                              Fiegen needed to get more minutes late in the game than he did.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                                Good bye 3 seed. Hello Oakland Round 2. Assuming they can get past round 1 this year.
                                IMO, our goal at this point is to win the Summit tournament. Most likely, that means we're going to have to beat Oakland at some point in Sioux Falls. What difference does it make whether its in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round?
                                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                                X