Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: @ ORU

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    We actually played quite a bit of zone tonight, at least more than I've seen us play before.

I'm with you on the 18 offensive rebounds. That is the single reason we lost tonight. Not because Clint was taking shots similar to the other 450 or so he has made in his career. We didn't need an alpha dog. We didn't rebound well enough, end of story.
    Exactly. This wasn't about missed shots. We lost because we got killed on the boards.....again

Comment

In reading all of these post I thought I was on the women's thread!
      When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important than the name on the back.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
        We actually played quite a bit of zone tonight, at least more than I've seen us play before.

I'm with you on the 18 offensive rebounds. That is the single reason we lost tonight. Not because Clint was taking shots similar to the other 450 or so he has made in his career. We didn't need an alpha dog. We didn't rebound well enough, end of story.
        Poor rebounding was the reason it came down to the wire, poor shot selection and execution was the reason they lost. Sargent taking contested long 2's and NBA range 3's early in the shot clock aren't high percentage shots, especially when he goes 3-10 and 1-6 from 3.

Comment

Originally posted by 67jack View Post
          In reading all of these post I thought I was on the women's thread!

If this was the women's game the posts would have been, "If only we could have cut the turnovers down to 25 we could have won this game."

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
            Poor rebounding was the reason it came down to the wire, poor shot selection and execution was the reason they lost. Sargent taking contested long 2's and NBA range 3's early in the shot clock aren't high percentage shots, especially when he goes 3-10 and 1-6 from 3.
            Lets be a little fair. Clint took bombed one 3 in the 2nd half with the shot clock at zero and then the prayer at the end of the game. I'm not saying he played well, because he didn't.

Also, Nate was 6-19 and 0-6 from 3. 31%

Comment

I'd rather see them, men's and women's, go undefeated come tournament time than undefeated during the regular season. But hey, that's just me!
              When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important than the name on the back.

Comment

I'm no coach, but I'd say Dykstra needs more than 10 minutes.

Now let me explain (for those that believe differently) why it matters when the men would face OAK or the women would face ORU in the tourney. It's quite simple really. Those two teams have shown (to this point) to be the only unbeatables in the conf. If you wouldn't have to face them until the championship round there is always a chance they could get knocked off before then. That being said, our men and women have a long ways to go before thinking about championship...but to imply that it doesn't matter what round we'd have to face the top seed is ludicrous.
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  Yeah, coaches needed to recognize that the inside was killing us. well keep them from the inside.
                  It's a lose lose situation. A month ago we were talking about how SDSU couldn't defend their 3 point shooting because they shot 80+%. Now tonight, we defend the 3 and they kill us inside.
                  Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Ah, where to start?

You guys could have won this one. ORU hasn't played defense in a month, and based on surrendering 42 points in the first half of this one at home, they were ripe for the picking. Crowd was paltry due to record-breaking 20" snowfall two days ago. Students were there in full force but were mysteriously uniterested in the game - cabin fever? Refs, despite what a couple of you whiners would like to think, were absolutely no factor either way. ORU had NO ONE who would/could contain Wolters on drives to the hole. I LOVE that kid! He should have had the ball in his hands the final two minutes to simply create. Instead, Callahan and Co. panicked and starting firing 3's just halfway into the shot clock of a 1-point game. If we draw you guys in Sioux Falls, you win by 10 IF Wolters is allowed to do his thing. If he doesn't, it's on him and/or Nagy, 'cause that kid is really special. Meanwhile, we look capable of beating OR losing to anyone remaining on our schedule, and that includes Centenary in Shreveport in a couple of weeks...

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                      It's a lose lose situation. A month ago we were talking about how SDSU couldn't defend their 3 point shooting because they shot 80+%. Now tonight, we defend the 3 and they kill us inside.
                      Yep. It's a real quandary

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                        I say tomato, you say tomato.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                          Good bye 3 seed. Hello Oakland Round 2. Assuming they can get past round 1 this year.

what makes you think we are going to be a 4 or 5 seed? a 6 or 7 is very possible and that would be ok with me since 2 and 3 are probably gone

Comment

Rebounds and free throws! Rebounds and free throws! Rebounds and free throws! Rebounds and free throws! Rebounds and free throws! Rebounds and free throws!

WE WERE THE BETTER TEAM LAST NIGHT BUT SNATCHED DEFEAT FROM THE JAWS OF VICTORY!

When we take care of those we are really good team and win. When we don't we are very average to poor and lose. Not rocket science! Its a matter of determination and effort. This team has the talent to be better than anyone in the league save Oakland. They need to take a cue from the effort Dale Moss has been putting out and get after it and then we will see how good they can become.

Don't like how we are losing on Thursday nights. Are any of the tournament games played on Thursday? I hope not. We're unbeatable on Saturday. Centenary is going to get an extra special kerblastification!

I still believe there is going to be a positive finish to the saeson for this team. Just won't believe otherwise!

SUPERBUNNY

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                              Atleast staying inside they can focus on rebounding more hopefully. The coaches should see that hey they are struggling shooting the 3 tonight, lets keep them outisde and not get easy rebounds and putbacks which I feel has hurt this team more then the 3pt shot.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                                Now let me explain (for those that believe differently) why it matters when the men would face OAK or the women would face ORU in the tourney. It's quite simple really. Those two teams have shown (to this point) to be the only unbeatables in the conf. If you wouldn't have to face them until the championship round there is always a chance they could get knocked off before then. That being said, our men and women have a long ways to go before thinking about championship...but to imply that it doesn't matter what round we'd have to face the top seed is ludicrous.
                                Good post. I agree with you 100%.

Comment

Working...
                                X