Iowa game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iowa game...

Good game for the Jacks. They showed a lot of hustle during the Iowa game. 2-0 against what was supposed to be a pretty good mid-major and a power conference team on the road is a good sign. We need to keep it up at home now.

Wolters has made a huge improvement over the off-season, and he was a heck of a player last year.

The 3 point shooting is a major improvement over last year. Sargeant, Wolters, White, and Callahan can all drill it from there. Add to that, Dykstra stepping out and nailing a big three in the 2nd half - that is going to be tough to guard. We have got to be close to hitting 50% of 3 pointers.

On a side note, I want to thank 89rabbit for the beads and SDSU presents at the Vine pre-game. I walked in and didn't even notice the SDSU alumni gathering(even though it was right in front of the door where I walked in) cause I was looking for 2 of my Iowa Friends(Poor souls). 89 brought over the stuff for us and welcomed us to Iowa City. Thanks!

Comment

Does anyone think we've finally reached the stage where we are strenthening the team with our recruits rather than trying to fill holes? This is an awfully young team, but the optimism seems more real this time.

Comment

During the first half of the Butler/Louisville game on ESPN tonight Dicky V. made a mention of the South Dakota State win over Iowa while speaking of some of the early season 'upsets' of big conference schools.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
          Does anyone think we've finally reached the stage where we are strenthening the team with our recruits rather than trying to fill holes? This is an awfully young team, but the optimism seems more real this time.
          I hope so. The two recruits we have coming in next year should replace the two seniors pretty evenly. From what I here about the Zach from chicago is he is going to be a Sargent type of player, and Horstman will be able to replace Moss's spot on the floor. However they will need to go out and get a big man, and possibly another PG.

Comment

Originally posted by HoboJack View Post
            During the first half of the Butler/Louisville game on ESPN tonight Dicky V. made a mention of the South Dakota State win over Iowa while speaking of some of the early season 'upsets' of big conference schools.
            He likes us! He REALLY LIKES US!!!!
            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              You want me to call the hospital for a direct admission? Either that or you can go to the Emergency Department.

Was the back door pass on the flush by Sargent a feed from Dykstra?
              Watching the highlights of that before, I noticed the between the legs dribble, but I didn't notice that he both dribbled it and caught it again with the same hand (his left.) That makes just makes the ill, iller.
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFroshFan View Post
                Anyone know where you could buy a good sized, framed picture of that Sargent dunk?
                YOu can buy it here!

http://photos.rockbottomphoto.com/Sp...90964304_SJaXS

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                  There's one hole to fill: a wide body to bang around down low once in awhile. This is a jump shooting team, the coach says. That's probably more by makeup than design. Despite the youthfulness, the overall talent level definitely appears to be up. I can't wait to see the team in person. A team with both talent and depth. How cool is that?
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitNation View Post
                    Not really..the only shot he had was not nearly as good an angle...

Comment

Iowa beats Alabama by 8 (with Gatens). The better Iowa does,the better our win will look by the end of the season.

Comment

Working...
                      X