Best Case/Worst Case Scenarios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Case/Worst Case Scenarios

Found this on the Bison Board. Interesting reading and a good preview of what the upcoming season could bring.

http://grizzliesgameplan.blogspot.co...in-summit.html

Re: Best Case/Worst Case Scenarios

I think its rather spot on for most teams. Unfortunately we will go the way the freshman go. If they develop and improve as the year goes on we will be better, if confrence is to much or not able to play at the level effectively yet, could be another disapoitting year. It does not seem like any clear cut front runner this year. Oral bob looks good on paper, IUPUI has some talent but depth is still a concern, Oakland, can be talented with Benson, but are no means safe from the upset. The bottom half is still uncertain, Cent and Tbirds are going to most likely take the bottom spots, which leaves a rather interesting finish this year I am sure down to the wire.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      Unfortunately we will go the way the freshman go.
      This sentence really scares me about this year. Talented, YES, but they are still freshmen. I am excited for the game schedule to begin. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
        This sentence really scares me about this year. Talented, YES, but they are still freshmen. I am excited for the game schedule to begin. Go Jacks!
        I guess my take is quite the opposite. We have probably the best recruiting class in school history. I'm looking forward to seeing some youthful enthusiasm hitting the court.

Its time to change the culture of the program back to its winning ways and my gut tells me this is the year it happens. I'm on record for being an optimist. The trip to Canada was a great start for them to come together as a team. Come tournament time, I look for this team to be pretty tough.

Time will tell. To me the glass is finally more than half full.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
          I guess my take is quite the opposite. We have probably the best recruiting class in school history. I'm looking forward to seeing some youthful enthusiasm hitting the court.

Its time to change the culture of the program back to its winning ways and my gut tells me this is the year it happens. I'm on record for being an optimist. The trip to Canada was a great start for them to come together as a team. Come tournament time, I look for this team to be pretty tough.

Time will tell. To me the glass is finally more than half full.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
          I think we will see a lot of growing pains, but I think we will also see a team locked in together on the same page really for the first time since our D-2 days. Last year was good, the year before was nice beating ORU in the first round, but I feel the team is ready for a break out year.

I know its a ways off, but I see 5 freshman that will be playing together for years, so imagine when they are Jr and Srs. I would hate to be opposing summit teams a few years from now. If all works out we would most likely have a 5 Sr starting that year.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

"cant wait til they are sr's"...

blah, blah, blah. we have been saying the same thing for almost a decade. our team will struggle and some will transfer yet again. same old til Nagy is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbit_boy View Post

blah, blah, blah. we have been saying the same thing for almost a decade. our team will struggle and some will transfer yet again. same old til Nagy is gone.
              Just gave my first negative reputation (and signed it) for this post and poster. Not that it will do a lot of good, but now I can just easily ignore future posts from this source.

Comment

I get where you negative posts are coming from, and I am skeptical of the youth of this team (not the talent, but the inexperience), but do you ever have anything positive to say?
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                  Just gave my first negative reputation (and signed it) for this post and poster. Not that it will do a lot of good, but now I can just easily ignore future posts from this source.
                  Ditto. Always an axe to grind.

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

speaking of "blah, blah, blah". thats pretty much what i think of all your posts too.

Comment

He's baaaaaaaaccccccccckkkkkkkkk!!!!
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                        He's baaaaaaaaccccccccckkkkkkkkk!!!!
                        Can the red dot get any redder? Its blazing right now.

Comment

I like the talent of our first and second year guys. I also liked the talent of a lot of our players who have transferred. I think our guys try their best, do well in the classroom and represent our great state and university. The problem is Nagy cannot relate to them, drives some away, and ends up with a losing record year after year. I just dont see that changing.

Comment

So then you are suggesting that Nagy related to the players while in D2 but can't relate to the players in D1?
                            You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                              Me too

Comment

Working...
                              X