2010 Season Tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Season Tickets

fyi...they're advertising season tickets for the 2010 football season. However, what they don't say is if you are a previous season ticket holder you will be getting a packet in the mail to renew your tickets. I was a little concerned when I read the article, because every year I get a renewal notice.

Re: 2010 Season Tickets

Originally posted by SFJACK View Post
    fyi...they're advertising season tickets for the 2010 football season. However, what they don't say is if you are a previous season ticket holder you will be getting a packet in the mail to renew your tickets. I was a little concerned when I read the article, because every year I get a renewal notice.
    Yes, I got the same info. My concern was how many new season ticket holders will call in for the first time and snatch up all of the NU game tickets. The reply was there are plenty of tickets for season ticket holders. I am skeptical....6 tickets maximum per holder? I plan on purchasing the maximum. Anyone know how many tickets State was able to get? I doubt they got more than a 1000.
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
      Yes, I got the same info. My concern was how many new season ticket holders will call in for the first time and snatch up all of the NU game tickets. The reply was there are plenty of tickets for season ticket holders. I am skeptical....6 tickets maximum per holder? I plan on purchasing the maximum. Anyone know how many tickets State was able to get? I doubt they got more than a 1000.
      A thousand at least would be an improvement over what the Athletic Dept. originally was expecting -- around 300. I'm guessing demand is pretty soft, so maybe we'll get the full allotment NU gives BCS schools, which is something like 3,000-3,500, I think.
      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
        A thousand at least would be an improvement over what the Athletic Dept. originally was expecting -- around 300. I'm guessing demand is pretty soft, so maybe we'll get the full allotment NU gives BCS schools, which is something like 3,000-3,500, I think.
        It's the Cornhuskers homecoming so demand should be pretty high actually.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
          It's the Cornhuskers homecoming so demand should be pretty high actually.
          I don't know. Homecoming here is nothing like Hobo Day. Unless you happen to drive down Greek Row during Homecoming Week in Lincoln, you'd never even know it's Homecoming. Other than a little something in the local media about king and queen royalty, you really don't hear boo.
          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

I don't know. Homecoming here is nothing like Hobo Day. Unless you happen to drive down Greek Row during Homecoming Week in Lincoln, you'd never even know it's Homecoming. Other than a little something in the local media about king and queen royalty, you really don't hear boo.
            Just think, there were some students who wanted to rev up school spirit in 1916 so they wore night shirst to meet a train in that carried the Yankton College football team to Brookings for the game next day. Little did they know what a tradition they were starting. I never been to a UNL homecoming but some of UNO''s were also very quiet also as are many. Even Youngstowns semed low key, royality at half time and some ballons and thats it. We have something that most schools do not have, a unique homecoming. I think if there were an endowment whose earnings were used to improve the quality of the annual parade, it would be very complete. Just my opinion, but the quality of the parade is down from the 1950-60 era. We got too many National Guard jeeps and fire trucks in the parade and not the quality floats that used to be around. But its about money and time on the part of students and organizations. Well at least we got a parade to critique, something UNL does not have.

BTW six tickets has been a maximun for season tickets for some time if you are a season ticket holder. I been a season ticket holder and have no plans to go to Lincoln so there is six there for someone else. I bet I am not the only one thinking in this manner so that might explain why they said there would be plenty of tickets.

Comment

The Jackrabbit ticket office did rec 3,000 tickets to the Neb game. I think it is a max of 6 tickets per season ticket holder and they are $55.00 ? each.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                The Jackrabbit ticket office did rec 3,000 tickets to the Neb game. I think it is a max of 6 tickets per season ticket holder and they are $55.00 ? each.

GBGBGJ
                Yep thats why its not essential that I attend.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  Well at least we got a parade to critique, something UNL does not have.
                  Nope they just have 60000 rabid fans at about every game.....so they probably just cry about no parade in their big bag of money.
                  I'm scooping my 6 tickets up....nothing beats the big game environment of those larger schools.
                  With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                    Nope they just have 60000 rabid fans at about every game.....so they probably just cry about no parade in their big bag of money.
                    I'm scooping my 6 tickets up....nothing beats the big game environment of those larger schools.
                    Actually, it's closer to 85,000+ rabid fans at every home game....I agree with you, the game day environment at Lincoln is something special. If you are thinking about going, and can work it into your budget, GO...you won't regret it!
                    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Quick Question....I am not a season ticket holder although I went to every game last year at home and a few away games. The reason I haven't been a season ticket holder in the past is because I enjoy sitting on the visitors side. Is it possible to purchase a season ticket on that side?....or is this a dumb question?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        Just think, there were some students who wanted to rev up school spirit in 1916 so they wore night shirst to meet a train in that carried the Yankton College football team to Brookings for the game next day. Little did they know what a tradition they were starting. I never been to a UNL homecoming but some of UNO''s were also very quiet also as are many. Even Youngstowns semed low key, royality at half time and some ballons and thats it. We have something that most schools do not have, a unique homecoming. I think if there were an endowment whose earnings were used to improve the quality of the annual parade, it would be very complete. Just my opinion, but the quality of the parade is down from the 1950-60 era. We got too many National Guard jeeps and fire trucks in the parade and not the quality floats that used to be around. But its about money and time on the part of students and organizations. Well at least we got a parade to critique, something UNL does not have.

BTW six tickets has been a maximun for season tickets for some time if you are a season ticket holder. I been a season ticket holder and have no plans to go to Lincoln so there is six there for someone else. I bet I am not the only one thinking in this manner so that might explain why they said there would be plenty of tickets.
                        The first Hobo Day took place in 1912. Hobo Day replaced the Nightshirt Parade that was banned after 1911 because College authorities felt having women "parade" in nightshirts and bed sheets was undignified. I wouldn't be good at my job or do my degree (History) any credit if I didn't say something.

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by kdybdahl View Post
                          Quick Question....I am not a season ticket holder although I went to every game last year at home and a few away games. The reason I haven't been a season ticket holder in the past is because I enjoy sitting on the visitors side. Is it possible to purchase a season ticket on that side?....or is this a dumb question?
                          Yes you can get season tickets for the east side. There is no donation requirement like the chair-backs so they are just the $100. I'm sure if you call the ticket office you could get whatever seat you'd like, like the top row so you have something to lean on or whatnot.
                          Go State! Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU_TUBA View Post
                            Yes you can get season tickets for the east side. There is no donation requirement like the chair-backs so they are just the $100. I'm sure if you call the ticket office you could get whatever seat you'd like, like the top row so you have something to lean on or whatnot.
                            What he said. Call the ticket office and make your request. They will do their best to satisfy you. Let me give a shout out to Christi Williams and the ticket office staff for all they do, keep up the great work!
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit View Post
                              The first Hobo Day took place in 1912. Hobo Day replaced the Nightshirt Parade that was banned after 1911 because College authorities felt having women "parade" in nightshirts and bed sheets was undignified. I wouldn't be good at my job or do my degree (History) any credit if I didn't say something.

Go State!
                              Thanks. Its been awhile since I read any of the many accounts of Hobo Day. None-the-less, we have the homecoming tradition and thats what a number of institutuitions UNL do not have.

Comment

Working...
                              X