Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Schedule

Originally posted by SDSU_TUBA View Post
    Looks like another FCS school now has Sept 4th open. Wagner out of the NEC was tentatively scheduled to play D-II Pace, but now Pace is playing D-II East Stroudsburg State on the 4th. Wagner played NDSU last year and lost 28-59. Wagner is as "east coast" as it gets being in Staten Island, New York.
    Good enough to buy a win. Another of the NEC conference teams.

Comment

Is it football season yet? I am going through withdrawls. atleast I have MLB starting soon to keep me entertained.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Looks like we can cross Wagner off the list...
        http://www.wagnerathletics.com/news/...323101542.aspx

"The suspense is killing me." -Kramer(The one where he's passing the kidney stone. or is it the one where he's constipated?)

Go Jacks!!
        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
          Looks like we can cross Wagner off the list...
          http://www.wagnerathletics.com/news/...323101542.aspx

"The suspense is killing me." -Kramer(The one where he's passing the kidney stone. or is it the one where he's constipated?)

Go Jacks!!
          AT ASSUMPTION??????

Wagner is still a likely candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
            AT ASSUMPTION??????

Wagner is still a likely candidate.

I don't get it...is Assumption not really a school?? Not FCS?? etc??

Go Jacks!!
            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Assumption Greyhounds of the Division II Northeast-10 Conference.

The university is based in Worchester, Massachusetts.

If I was a betting man, my money would be that SDSU will play Dayton in September. Question is where? Dayton, Ohio or in Brookings.

Comment

Go Jacks!!
                Assumption is D-II in the NE-10 conference (with New Haven, Bentley, So. Conn, etc).

The Assumption Greyhounds must be looking to move up, as they are scheduled vs Fordham (Patriot) as well as Wagner.

IMHO, Wagner would JUMP at the chance to get PAID, to possibly get a D-I full schollie game.

Advantage of booking Assumption for Wagner is that Assumption is in Worchester, MA, which is MUCH CLOSER than Brookings, SD.

OKCPoke beat me to it.

Comment

Originally posted by OKC_Poke View Post
                  is where? Dayton, Ohio or in Brookings.
                  Only in Brookings.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                    Only in Brookings.
                    If it is Dayton, will it be a home-&-home or one-and-done?

BTW, I'm impressed at how well SDSU has done overall in athletics since moving up to Division I.

Unfortuately for my school, we have a complete idiot for a basketball coach in Heath Schroyer. But on the bright side, our football program is coming back from the dead. LOL

Comment

One and done. The return trip requirement was the sticking point with UND.

Comment

Season tickets are on sale as of today. $100 per seat plus minimum donation of $50/seat. Season ticket holders will get first shot at NU tickets, 6 per season ticket holder. Similar to Minnesota last year.

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=204915168
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by OKC_Poke View Post
                          Assumption Greyhounds of the Division II Northeast-10 Conference.

The university is based in Worchester, Massachusetts.

If I was a betting man, my money would be that SDSU will play Dayton in September. Question is where? Dayton, Ohio or in Brookings.
                          I would put money on that Dayton game being in Brookings. I don't see a MVFC team traveling to a Pioneer league team. That would be like a Big Ten team traveling to a Ohio Valley school if you ask me. They need to play us if they want a chance at legitimizing any whining they have about not making the playoffs with their weak a$$ scheduling. Just my two cents.
                          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

A.D. Sell says no 5th game as of right now. Efforting but odds are against a 5th DI game as part of this years home schedule.

Now, that could change in a heartbeat if we can work something out. He did not exclude the possibility of a home and home but did say that we wouldn't be able to honor our away date until at least 2013.

We're stuck right now. Just one of the nuances of DI FCS football.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              A.D. Sell says no 5th game as of right now. Efforting but odds are against a 5th DI game as part of this years home schedule.

Now, that could change in a heartbeat if we can work something out. He did not exclude the possibility of a home and home but did say that we wouldn't be able to honor our away date until at least 2013.

We're stuck right now. Just one of the nuances of DI FCS football.
                              If we can't get another D1 game than I would take a DII regional game like Augie,St Cloud,SW Mn State before another game with a DI non-scholarship program.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                                If we can't get another D1 game than I would take a DII regional game like Augie,St Cloud,SW Mn State before another game with a DI non-scholarship program.
                                A D-2 game would not count for playoff eligibility.

Comment

Working...
                                X