2010 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010 Schedule

I know they are 'efforting' the 5th home game and they want to get it out there. It will make the difference whether I purchase season tickets, as my journey will now take 5 hours to drive instead of the 5 minute current drive. Get it booked - make it early September. Go Jackrabbits!!!!

Comment

Does UND still have a similiar open game? I think it's safe to say that game would draw more interest than a DII team or obsucre FCS that nobody has heard of.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        Does UND still have a similiar open game? I think it's safe to say that game would draw more interest than a DII team or obsucre FCS that nobody has heard of.
        I can say with confidence that our home opener this fall will NOT be against UND. I was told SDSU wanted 2 for 1 and UND said no. There loss our gain. When we do play USD or UND it will also be on our terms. That being 2 at SDSU and 1 in Verm town. We are in the drivers seat.

I suspect we will hear very shortly who the opening game will be. I agree with a previous post - they need to get this schedule completed before it does impact ticket sales.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
          I can say with confidence that our home opener this fall will NOT be against UND. I was told SDSU wanted 2 for 1 and UND said no. There loss our gain. When we do play USD or UND it will also be on our terms. That being 2 at SDSU and 1 in Verm town. We are in the drivers seat.

I suspect we will hear very shortly who the opening game will be. I agree with a previous post - they need to get this schedule completed before it does impact ticket sales.

GBGBGJ
          I hope when you say "their loss our gain" or "we are in the drivers seat" it means that we already have an 11th game scheduled with a different FCS school than UND/USD and it just hasn't been released yet. If we don't in fact have that FCS game in the works, and we are playing a lower level team at home, I would consider not agreeing to a home and home with UND a failure by our athletic department. Playing that lower level game would severely cripple our playoff chances in 2010.

I'm hoping for good news with the football schedule soon.
          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
            I hope when you say "their loss our gain" or "we are in the drivers seat" it means that we already have an 11th game scheduled with a different FCS school than UND/USD and it just hasn't been released yet. If we don't in fact have that FCS game in the works, and we are playing a lower level team at home, I would consider not agreeing to a home and home with UND a failure by our athletic department. Playing that lower level game would severely cripple our playoff chances in 2010.

I'm hoping for good news with the football schedule soon.
            I have to agree with 1979 on this one. I still haven't decided whether or not to buy season tickets this year. I have to spend about 12 hours on the road for a round trip for each game. If it is a lower level game, that combined with at least one conflict in the other four games makes it real uncertain if season tickets are worth it for me. I think that it is time for the athletic department to schedule the best game possible with the best crowd potential possible. If that means UxD, then do it!
            Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

So if UND is requiring a home-home, should SDSU give it to them and have 4 home games next year with one roadie being in Grand Forks??

Don't get me wrong, I feel UND at home this year maybe the best option I've heard of, but let's not forget the coming years when SDSU has to return the favor. I'd be more pissed off with 4 home games as a season-ticket holder.

I just don't see why SDSU is always the "bad guy" when it comes to football scheduling. Hell, maybe SDSU should've gone D-1 four years after the UxD's. But then again I'm one that doesn't care if we ever play them again just out of "spite"...yeah I said it...just out of "spite"...so don't mind me.

Go Jacks!!
              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                So if UND is requiring a home-home, should SDSU give it to them and have 4 home games next year with one roadie being in Grand Forks??

Don't get me wrong, I feel UND at home this year maybe the best option I've heard of, but let's not forget the coming years when SDSU has to return the favor. I'd be more pissed off with 4 home games as a season-ticket holder.

I just don't see why SDSU is always the "bad guy" when it comes to football scheduling. Hell, maybe SDSU should've gone D-1 four years after the UxD's. But then again I'm one that doesn't care if we ever play them again just out of "spite"...yeah I said it...just out of "spite"...so don't mind me.

Go Jacks!!

We need to worry about the 2010 schedule first, as things can change or come available before 2011 or after. Schedule the home and home with UND and contract the game in Grand Forks for a later date rather then next year if need be. We should never just have four home games when we only need one outside of the conference schedule. I don't think it is realistic to expect we are going to get 2 for 1's with FCS schools. We need to concentrate on getting home and home's set up with FCS schools in alternating years, so we always play one home and one away to go alongside of our FBS game.

Do we still have Deleware (our game of the 2 for 1) and SE Louisiana (part of home and home) on the line for home games the next few years? If so, we should be fine to go forward.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                  We need to worry about the 2010 schedule first, as things can change or come available before 2011 or after. Schedule the home and home with UND and contract the game in Grand Forks for a later date rather then next year if need be. We should never just have four home games when we only need one outside of the conference schedule. I don't think it is realistic to expect we are going to get 2 for 1's with FCS schools. We need to concentrate on getting home and home's set up with FCS schools in alternating years, so we always play one home and one away to go alongside of our FBS game.

Do we still have Deleware (our game of the 2 for 1) and SE Louisiana (part of home and home) on the line for home games the next few years? If so, we should be fine to go forward.
                  Delaware is out after this year. No return trip to Brookings. Our chances for a 5th home game against FCS school are slim from what I've been not told.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                    Delaware is out after this year. No return trip to Brookings. Our chances for a 5th home game against FCS school are slim from what I've been not told.
                    IMO, getting out of the Deleware contract might even make things easier. Schedule UND for a home and home - this year at CAS, sometime in the future at Grand Forks. Try to play UND at Grand Forks the year we play SE Louisiana at home...according to this link it's 2013 right now, but I would imagine that is fluid especially with Deleware no longer on the schedule.

http://www.sdsufans.com/board/showpo...92&postcount=6

I find it hard to believe that Cal Poly, UC Davis, Southern Utah, or USD (gasp!) wouldn't be available for home and homes in 2011 and 2012 in order to get us to five home games each year.

Not getting a fifth home game this year against a FCS school is unacceptable and has a chance to take away a lot of momentum that this program has built.

Comment

I agree with a previous post - that it would not bother me if we never played the Udots again. But the economics will be such that its a good choice.

I would not give them a home and home. Are the Udots even a counter for the next couple of years? If not I certainly would not play them at their house until they are.

The game will be a good gate when it does happen.

I am axcious to see just what that home game will be.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post

Agreed. This is a no brainer. It's getting awfully late for any FCS school to be scheduling, including the Jacks.

Comment

U of Okoboji "Fighting Phantoms" may be available.

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                            Are the Udots even a counter for the next couple of years?
                            all they need is a full complement of scholarships (they count for FBS payday games as well).

USD is paying bills with those FBS games. That's why the BoR accepted an IOU for Title IX compliance.

Comment

You can ask AD Justin Sell about it tomorrow at SE Staters Luncheon. It is at the 10th Street Pizza Ranch @ noon.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                                all they need is a full complement of scholarships (they count for FBS payday games as well).

USD is paying bills with those FBS games. That's why the BoR accepted an IOU for Title IX compliance.
                                Starting in 2009, UxD's were counters for the purpose of D-I wins. They're still not eligible to play in the play-offs, but they count.

Comment

Working...
                                X