Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010 Schedule

Originally posted by sdjackfan40 View Post
    If it is the person by the same name that posts on d2football.com board then he is pretty knowledgeable of Upper Iowa sports. I think he is seriously asking the question. I too hope we don't schedule any D2 school and are able to get a FCS school scheduled instead.
    Yes I am, thanks. I wouldn't be asking if I didn't have good info and was coming here to see if anyone here knew anything.

As for the naysayers, I completely appreciate you guys not wanting this game. I feel the same way other than for the pay check. UIU needs to be playing a full D2 only schedule. Also, as a UNI fan I like to hear that you guys are concerned about needing a full 12 game FCS schedule to help your SOS. That means that you foresee some "L" in your future.

Were any of you guys around Jackrabbit football back when Dave Tripplett coached USD? I've been following Jackrabbit football since back then so that might help you with my level of football background instead of just my post numbers.

Comment

Someone posted the list of teams looking for games, I don't want to track it down right now. From what I recall most wanted a home date. The only way to get them into CAS is with $$$. We need to do that, IMHO. If we can't get them in CAS, then we need to take some $$$ and figure out a deal to get them back in CAS. Obviously, our athletic dept is well aware of these difficulties.

It absolutely makes sense to get UND and USD on our schedule at home. We all know better than to expect them not to want a return game, so you have to consider that.

I know I don't want to see any program not at the DI level at CAS ever again.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Just an FYI--UND is currently at 10 games for 2010, and has open dates on October 16 and November 20.

Comment

Originally posted by UND9296 View Post
          Just an FYI--UND is currently at 10 games for 2010, and has open dates on October 16 and November 20.
          There you have it. We have an open date on November 20th, right?

If we see a D2 team or lower on our schedule instead of UND, USD, or another FCS team, I would be an upset season ticket holder. Bringing in a lower level team would not only water down our home schedule (it's already less appealing this year), but also limit our chances at getting to seven FCS/FBS wins and a playoff spot.
          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by UND9296 View Post

How many home games do the Sioux have inked so far??
            If they only have 4 like SDSU does...they may not agree to another away game in Brookings. Let's just think about that before we go off thinking that UND's Nov. 20th opening would fit perfect. It's a two way street.
            I'm hoping this game can be scheduled with UND, especially before any kind of D2 or lower-level game.

Go Jacks!!
            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
              How many home games do the Sioux have inked so far??
              If they only have 4 like SDSU does...they may not agree to another away game in Brookings. Let's just think about that before we go off thinking that UND's Nov. 20th opening would fit perfect. It's a two way street.
              I'm hoping this game can be scheduled with UND, especially before any kind of D2 or lower-level game.

Go Jacks!!
              There are five home and five road games:

Sat, Sep 04 Idaho at Moscow, Idaho TBA

Sat, Sep 11 Northern Illinois at Dekalb, Ill. TBA

Sat, Sep 18 Northeastern State Grand Forks, N.D. TBA

Sat, Sep 25 Northwestern State Grand Forks, N.D. TBA

Sat, Oct 02 South Dakota * at Vermillion, S.D. TBA

Sat, Oct 09 Southern Utah * Grand Forks, N.D. TBA

Sat, Oct 16 Open TBA TBA

Sat, Oct 23 Cal Poly * at San Luis Obispo, Calif. TBA

Sat, Oct 30 Lamar Grand Forks, N.D. TBA

Sat, Nov 06 UC Davis * Grand Forks, N.D. TBA

Sat, Nov 13 Montana at Missoula, Mont. TBA

Sat, Nov 20 Open TBA TBA

Comment

I think it would be great to slot UND into that November 20th date. Although if want a tougher game there is always USF.

Comment

Originally posted by Herdman View Post
                  Yes I am, thanks. I wouldn't be asking if I didn't have good info and was coming here to see if anyone here knew anything.

As for the naysayers, I completely appreciate you guys not wanting this game. I feel the same way other than for the pay check. UIU needs to be playing a full D2 only schedule. Also, as a UNI fan I like to hear that you guys are concerned about needing a full 12 game FCS schedule to help your SOS. That means that you foresee some "L" in your future.

Were any of you guys around Jackrabbit football back when Dave Tripplett coached USD? I've been following Jackrabbit football since back then so that might help you with my level of football background instead of just my post numbers.
                  Yes-I was around when D Triplett coached at USD. How bout 1985 when USD was ranked #1 in the country and the Rabbits got them on Hobo Day. I believe over 16,000 was in attendance for that game. That was a great day for SDSU and all associated with Jackrabbit athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
                    Yes-I was around when D Triplett coached at USD. How bout 1985 when USD was ranked #1 in the country and the Rabbits got them on Hobo Day. I believe over 16,000 was in attendance for that game. That was a great day for SDSU and all associated with Jackrabbit athletics.
                    I was there, as well - if memory serves, it was a beautiful day. (Although, I did have a little alcohol on the brain - happened a lot when we played the U...the D2 school)

Fast forward 22 years & I'm on the sidelines in attendance #2 with my son - watching the co-eds act like I did 22 years earlier (another #1 ranked team - humbled by the Jacks). Buck the Fison - didn't have to explain that one to my boy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HoboD View Post
                      USD has already announced a full 11 game season for 2010. So the Jacks will not be playing them in 2010.

South Dakota 2010 Football Schedule
                      Sep. 4: @ Central Florida
                      Sept. 11: @ Minnesota
                      Sept. 18: Northwestern Oklahoma State
                      Sept. 25: @ North Dakota State
                      Oct. 2: North Dakota (Dakota Days)
                      Oct. 9: @ UC Davis
                      Oct. 16: Northern Iowa
                      Oct. 23: @ Southern Utah
                      Oct. 30: Northern Colorado
                      Nov. 6: Cal Poly
                      Nov. 13: @ Lamar
                      That is actually a nice schedule for them!
                      BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

http://www.footballscoop.com/?page_id=62

According to this link these are the FCS teams that have open dates on 9/4. (I've bolded the ones that I think would be a good fit)

Albany
                        C. Connecticut St
                        Charleston Southern
                        Eastern Kentucky
                        Lafayette College (PA)
                        Liberty University
                        University of Maine
                        McNeese St
                        Montana St
                        North Carolina Central
                        Norfolk St
                        Northwestern St
                        Portland St
                        Stephen F Austin
                        Virginia Union

These are just the schools that have reported open dates and I'm sure there are other schools as well since SDSU didn't even show up on this list.

Coach Stig just stated in an interview how important it is to get another DI team so I doubt that there is much truth to the Upper Iowa rumor. Maybe it was discussed and could be in place for a plan B incase we don't find another game but it would be a last resort.

Comment

SDSU not listed as having an open date on 11/20.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

From a weather perspective we are more likely to get someone here in September versus November.

Comment

I am all for paybacks to McNeese State. Bring back the Beauxs!!!

Comment

Too bad neither of the Montana schools travel.

Comment

Working...
                                X