2010 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010 Schedule

Remember the field adds 4 next year correct? A solid 7-4 season may get the nod if we are third in the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
      Guess you haven't been around much smack if u considered that smack super moderator.UNI beating USD 66-7-that is FACT, not smack.
      Carefull, think of this as the early years of Cheers! Sam just told you that you've had enough to drink for the night.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99 View Post
        Remember the field adds 4 next year correct? A solid 7-4 season may get the nod if we are third in the conference.
        Yes- up to 20 We will need some key road wins but we have some excellent talent returning with experience. Anytime there is good defense there is always a good chance. I like our chances.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
          Carefull, think of this as the early years of Cheers! Sam just told you that you've had enough to drink for the night.
          Sounds good- I'll take your advice and Sam is the man!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99 View Post
            Even with the extra spots I don't think 7-4 with losses to UNI, SIU, and lone non-conference game gets us in. Not sure that would be looked at as a solid 7-4. Maybe if we have a win over the Huskers and a fourth loss to someone else.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Even with the extra spots I don't think 7-4 with losses to UNI, SIU, and lone non-conference game gets us in. Not sure that would be looked at as a solid 7-4. Maybe if we have a win over the Huskers and a fourth loss to someone else.
              SIU will be tough but if I remember right we went in there a year ago and lost by a field goal. We are very capable of going into the UNI dome and pulling one off. Will be tough but if we can pressure their QB like we pressured Grace last fall who knows

Comment

A "solid" season. UNI didn't quite have that. Spread those losses earlier in the year and they would have been in a 20 team playoff.

Just depends on how solid some other conference teams are. Also depends on the mystery opponent. With 4 losses, Delaware needs to be a W. If a few conference teams can get back to form the top 4-5 should be quality wins imo.

Comment

Hello, I was looking for some validation to the rumor that SDSU is playing host to Upper Iowa University (D2) in 2010, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Herdman View Post
                    Hello, I was looking for some validation to the rumor that SDSU is playing host to Upper Iowa University (D2) in 2010, thanks.
                    I think we are all aware that Upper Iowa is a D2 program. I sure hope we aren't hosting them this fall. I would not be happy about that.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

This would not be an impressive "get" what-so-ever if this rumor turns out to be true.

Pretty sure Sell would here about it from a lot of folks if this comes to fruition. And I know..."Sell doesn't do the scheduling for football"...it doesn't matter, he's the boss.

Go Jacks!!
                      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

For your sake I hope that is false, DII games don't count, it pretty much means you have 10 games to find at least seven wins instead of having 11. That just magnifies an already difficult schedule for your team.

Comment

Coach Stig said recently (I believe on TV's chat) that we're looking for an FCS opponent and spoke specifically about how a D2 game doesn't do us any good.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                            Coach Stig said recently (I believe on TV's chat) that we're looking for an FCS opponent and spoke specifically about how a D2 game doesn't do us any good.
                            Thanks JimmyJack, I feel better after reading that. I hope we don't schedule Upper Iowa. I believe they were D3 only 10 or so years ago before going D2.

Comment

Please note the number of posts by the person asking the Upper Iowa question . . .
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                                Please note the number of posts by the person asking the Upper Iowa question . . .
                                If it is the person by the same name that posts on d2football.com board then he is pretty knowledgeable of Upper Iowa sports. I think he is seriously asking the question. I too hope we don't schedule any D2 school and are able to get a FCS school scheduled instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X