• Show
Clear All

Re: USD at SDSU in 2011?

How about a monster cowbell???

Comment

Originally posted by AugieJackFan View Post
      How about a monster cowbell???
      No, man, the Rooter King is ours. They can't have it. Not even for a little while.

I still think we should bring out a big, honking, 30-foot-tall Rooter King cowbell before football games and ring the damn thing. The biggest, strongest cheerleader would ring it, using a humongous mallet. People in rows 1-12 would need ear protection.

We could have a 12-foot-tall model for basketball games.

It would be glorious.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
        I believe there was a trophy in the DII days. It was a little brown jug that went back and forth between the schools. Not sure what they called it but I saw it somewhere in the athletic department and it has all the past scores etched on it.
        This is my recollection.I think the little brown jug was kind of a copy of one of the Big Ten rivalries. I think this could be resumed in the future unless someone can think of something more creative in terms of interest.

Comment

The Little Brown Jug goes back to Fielding Yost being leery of the water at Minnesota. Brought the team's water with him in a jug.
          Last edited by zooropa; 11-19-2009, 03:18 PM.

Comment

The game needs a sexier name for marketing purposes than the "Prairie Spirit Charitable Challenge." That's what Augustana and USF call their annual rivalry game in basketball. Maybe something like "Go Time on I-29."
            This space for lease.

Comment

This may actually apply more to the Marker game, but we could call it what everyone knows it is: The Bragging Rights Bowl.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

It's only a traveling trophy if it actually leaves Brookings.
                @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                  It's only a traveling trophy if it actually leaves Brookings.

Yeah. Well it will at least 'travel' from the Ginn Trophy Room out to Coughlin and back....

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                    I believe there was a trophy in the DII days. It was a little brown jug that went back and forth between the schools. Not sure what they called it but I saw it somewhere in the athletic department and it has all the past scores etched on it.
                    This would be correct. Used to be up in the Ginn Trophy room. It's a little jug, some connection to a pharmacist or something. If you ever run into Ron Lenz I'm sure he could tell you more about it.

The "rivalry" could be dubbed the "Beatdown in B-town" or the "Rivalry, Schmivalry, We Kicked Your A$$ Again" Bowl.

Sorry, getting smackish.

Heard some similar thoughts while at the Goopher game about USD being added when Delaware was dropped. Nothing concrete, just fan based rumors.
                    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post

Yeah. Well it will at least 'travel' from the Ginn Trophy Room out to Coughlin and back....
                      Funny, but true.

Comment

Smackish or not.....that is funny
                        Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                        The "rivalry" could be dubbed the "Beatdown in B-town" or the "Rivalry, Schmivalry, We Kicked Your A$$ Again" Bowl.

Sorry, getting smackish.

Comment

This would be correct. Used to be up in the Ginn Trophy room. It's a little jug, some connection to a pharmacist or something. If you ever run into Ron Lenz I'm sure he could tell you more about it.

Sorry, getting smackish.

Heard some similar thoughts while at the Goopher game about USD being added when Delaware was dropped. Nothing concrete, just fan based rumors.
                          Do smack warnings only apply to USD fans in here? Just checking the rules

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                            Oh f'r crying out loud!

1) Catch 'Em All self-censored

2) The mods aren't on this board 24/7

3) Lighten up!

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                              No, they apply to everyone. Self recognized I was stepping a little near the line.

Mods, feel free to give me a slap on the wrist or delete what I've written if too smackish.

Heck, with the frequency of my postings a little "time-out" wouldn't kill me.

Comment

The "rivalry" could be dubbed the "Be at down in B-town" or the "Rivalry, Schmivalry, Let's Re-Live the 1990's Again" Bowl.

Sorry, getting smackish.

Fixed.

footnote - 1990-1999 - 13 games played, 2 ended with SDSU on the low end of the final score

sorry, just not a fan of starting up the "rivalry" already, in due time, but not in my time

Comment

Working...
                                X