Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your hopes for the Gophers game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What are your hopes for the Gophers game?

Originally posted by CCdeville View Post
    that punt returner caught and took the ball at the 6, how retarded is that?
    Retarded like a fox.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by gopherbill View Post
      Then you'd better hope this isn't your coach's pre game speech.

"We obviously understand, and the players understand, the odds of winning a game like this are way against us," South Dakota State coach John Stiegelmeier said. "You go and try to play your best football against a good team and see how you do."
      So Stig's supposed to patronize a bunch of adults by saying, "hey, we're better than these guys! This is an easy win! A cinch! Money in the bank! Heck, I just dropped ten large on us!"

Maybe Brewster's method is to pretend that his team is better than it is, but that's not how Stig works.

Comment

i will beat my house that the 2007 NDSU team is better than the 2009 SDSU team.
        Yeah, and I'll bet my house and my car that Socrates would be way better than Aristotle at Madden '10.

Can't prove it so no point getting all defensive about it.

Comment

I don't know what 2007 has to do with now. Minnesota is a much better team, but they still have Brewster, so they'll make plenty of mistakes. If SDSU just plays their game it should be close, start making mistakes like the SIU game and you better get used to hearing the rouser because you'll be listening to plenty of it.

Comment

"We obviously understand, and the players understand, the odds of winning a game like this are way against us," South Dakota State coach John Stiegelmeier said. "You go and try to play your best football against a good team and see how you do."
            What do you want? Do you want him to guarantee a win? That would be dumb, and totally out-of-character for him. He isn't a loud-mouthed blabber like Tim "Jim Wacker" Brewster. That said, I think your coach was unfairly ripped for guaranteeing a good performance. That's about all a coach can do without sounding like a moron.

If you knew Stig, you'd know that it's his even-keel, believe-in-yourself-, make a difference on every play mentality that makes his teams compete so hard throughout the game, no matter what.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
              He isn't a loud-mouthed blabber like Tim "Jim Wacker" Brewster. That said, I think your coach was unfairly ripped for guaranteeing a good performance. That's about all a coach can do without sounding like a moron.
              I dont think I have ever seen a coach attacked then defended in the same paragraph

Comment

hmm sdsu 2007 team caught ndsu at the end of their run, and I believe needed some help that game (ndsu mistakes). that team had 8 players still in the nfl today, so think with a clear mind sir.
                No dog in this hunt huh?

SUPERBUNNY

BTW-love the moniker. Can hear Poison playing in my head! Good Stuff!
                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Well going off the thread title "hopes":

1. I hope I don't hit a frickin' deer on 169 along the Minnesota River tonight in the dark.
                  2. I hope this cold I am fighting off does not get any worse.
                  3. I hope I get drunk before and after the game.
                  4. I hope the Jacks win without any injury.

My realistic thoughts are, on the game only, I would take the Gophers -12, that is if gambling was legal. Final score, 34-16, one TD and 3 FG's for the Jacks.

I watched the Iowa State game last year with my own eyes. Most days there is still a big difference in an average FBS team and and very good FCS team. I would say the poster that said the Jacks can win this game 1 out of 10 times is about right. I'm not saying Iowa vs. Northern Iowa this year was a fluke, but play that game 9 more times and I don't think UNI is within 10 on 8 of those.

If the Jacks would have had a better showing last week, my sentiments would be wayyyyy different.

That said, I still HOPE this is the one time in ten.

Comment

that punt returner caught and took the ball at the 6, how retarded is that? plus, yes, i will beat my house that the 2007 NDSU team is better than the 2009 SDSU team. 6 NFL players right now, count them up.
                    Sorry, its facts!
                    I'll take some of that action. I am looking for a house now. Now figure out a way to prove your ridiculous point.

4 Years in a Row is going to be rough in Fargo.

Now thread topic: I hope they play hard, keep it within striking distance in the 4th quarter, which will put us in a position to win the game late. That is what I hope happens.
                    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Chad Greenway just picked the Jacks by 3 on KFAN this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                        I'll take some of that action. I am looking for a house now. Now figure out a way to prove your ridiculous point.

4 Years in a Row is going to be rough in Fargo.

Now thread topic: I hope they play hard, keep it within striking distance in the 4th quarter, which will put us in a position to win the game late. That is what I hope happens.
                        Sorry to tell you KU, but he's beating his house, not betting it. Depending on how rough he gets with his house, I don't know if it would be worth betting for it next time.
                        Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

No, pretty sure that's not what it will be. I on the other hand have thought of what I would say to this team if given the opportunity to speak to them before the game. Would go something along these lines:

Men, I stand before you representing thousands of Jackrabbit football alums that have come before you. Each and every one of us wishes we were in your shoes today. You have a chance to continue something special today. You've transitioned to a higher level of competition and brought SDSU football to a higher level. With that you face a unique challenge today. You are facing an opponent that is supposed to beat you by just showing up. In the real world we face similar challenges every day and we have two choices, submit to what is expected, or step up and face the challenge. I, like many other Jacks in the past, faced that challenge and stepped up. What you choose to do today is up to you. Keep this in mind though, you are not alone today on that field. Thousands of us are playing that game today with you, and we will not be beaten.
                          I'd probably end with something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IReMfvamQ28
                          I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                            #3 will be quite detrimental to hope #2.

My point, hopes have no effect on outcomes, behaviors do. I hope the Jackrabbits play as well as they can. If they do, the outcome really doesn't matter. If 99 does indeed carry through with #3 above it is likely that #2 will not happen.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

hmm sdsu 2007 team caught ndsu at the end of their run, and I believe needed some help that game (ndsu mistakes). that team had 8 players still in the nfl today, so think with a clear mind sir.
                              that punt returner caught and took the ball at the 6, how retarded is that? plus, yes, i will beat my house that the 2007 NDSU team is better than the 2009 SDSU team. 6 NFL players right now, count them up.
                              Sorry, its facts!
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                                Well going off the thread title "hopes":

1. I hope I don't hit a frickin' deer on 169 along the Minnesota River tonight in the dark.
                                4. I hope the Jacks win without any injury.

My realistic thoughts are, on the game only, I would take the Gophers -12, that is if gambling was legal. Final score, 34-16, one TD and 3 FG's for the Jacks.

I watched the Iowa State game last year with my own eyes. Most days there is still a big difference in an average FBS team and and very good FCS team. I would say the poster that said the Jacks can win this game 1 out of 10 times is about right. I'm not saying Iowa vs. Northern Iowa this year was a fluke, but play that game 9 more times and I don't think UNI is within 10 on 8 of those.

If the Jacks would have had a better showing last week, my sentiments would be wayyyyy different.

That said, I still HOPE this is the one time in ten.
                                Echoing MD's comments, hope that you have the opportunity to not mix the drinking/driving either. We enjoy your additions here, so don't want you jailed or deer sausaged returning after the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X