Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your hopes for the Gophers game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What are your hopes for the Gophers game?

My only hope is to stay close with the Gophers. If we win, holy nutmeg. If we lose, it is expected (not by the coaches, players or ardent fans). I just want to see us play like we are capable of playing and let the cards fall where they may.

Comment

Originally posted by CCdeville View Post
      Gophers win this game 9 out of 10 times.
      SDSU isnt the 2007 bison, and 2009 gophers are head and shoulders above the 2007 gophers.thats my observation from a neutral fan with no dog in this fight.

You're right, Jacks beat the 2007 Bison. Which means Jacks would have beaten '07 gophers more easily. We'll see how big the Gopher '09 head and shoulders are.

Comment

hmm sdsu 2007 team caught ndsu at the end of their run, and I believe needed some help that game (ndsu mistakes). that team had 8 players still in the nfl today, so think with a clear mind sir.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
          Bisonville is the discussion board for the NDSU Bison, where they routinely go on suicide watch after losses and call for the firing of everyone except the waterboy when they lose to us... which has happened three straight times now.
          Oh I just didnt understand the poster saying Brewster was on thin ice.

Agree or disagree, love or hate it, its not true.

Comment

Originally posted by stpaulgoph View Post
            Oh I just didnt understand the poster saying Brewster was on thin ice.

Agree or disagree, love or hate it, its not true.
            The way I understand it with Brewster, is he has an option/buy out after next year, and his buy out before hand would be pretty high, and with the money going to Tubby the Athletic Department would really think twice before canning Brewster this year.... The way I understand it, it would take a Tony Dungy for them to buy out Brewster...

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
              The way I understand it with Brewster, is he has an option/buy out after next year, and his buy out before hand would be pretty high, and with the money going to Tubby the Athletic Department would really think twice before canning Brewster this year.... The way I understand it, it would take a Tony Dungy for them to buy out Brewster...
              Brewster isnt getting fired this year. Period. We could lose the final two games--they arent going to fire him.

This program really has been going through "puberty" again in the post Mason era...recruiting, expectations, style of play, etc. We arent full grown. Add the new stadium to that list.

Only a major off field scandal would force Brewster out this year.

I know us fans all love to have an unrealistic short leash, but Maturi knows how dangerous it is (and how far it would set the program back) to hit reset after only 3 years.

Plus Gophers would have at least one more win had Weber been consistent, and we not lost an All American at WR (if you are thinking about W/L record driving this)

Comment

Originally posted by stpaulgoph View Post
                Brewster isnt getting fired this year. Period. We could lose the final two games--they arent going to fire him.

This program really has been going through "puberty" again in the post Mason era...recruiting, expectations, style of play, etc. We arent full grown. Add the new stadium to that list.

Only a major off field scandal would force Brewster out this year.

I know us fans all love to have an unrealistic short leash, but Maturi knows how dangerous it is (and how far it would set the program back) to hit reset after only 3 years.

Plus Gophers would have at least one more win had Weber been consistent, and we not lost an All American at WR (if you are thinking about W/L record driving this)
                if they lose the next 2 games and then go sub .500 next year and miss a bowl again I think he is done after next year..... I never said that he will get canned this year, that is unless Dungy said he wants to go to Minnesota which I don't see happening....

The problem I have seen with Minnesota this year is consistancy, they look really good for 1 1/2 quarters, look really bad for 1 1/2 quarters and the other quarter they just look average.....

Comment

hmm sdsu 2007 team caught ndsu at the end of their run, and I believe needed some help that game (ndsu mistakes). that team had 8 players still in the nfl today, so think with a clear mind sir.
                  Sorry, not true.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Needed mistakes to win....that sounds an awful lot like all the other games we played this year. Sure needed a lot of mistakes to win those too, according to other teams' fans. I guess we have been needing those mistakes for three seasons now. Except for the Bison this year. That was, what one would call a complete domination. It was the only game I got to watch this season in person and the outcome was never in doubt.
                    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Dear sir;

Thinking clearly, but thanks for the advice.

Score: SDSU 29, NDSU 24

Total yards: SDSU 282, NDSU 278

NDSU had two turnovers to SDSU's one.

Final Great West standings:
                      SDSU 4-0
                      NDSU 3-1

By "help" would you mean a punt returner taking it to the house for 94 yards, or a 1,000-yard all-American back winning the game on a 42-yard run off tackle?

Finally: Name the "8 players still in the NFL today." Really want to see that list.

Comment

Win = Huge
                        Stay within two scores = content with the showing
                        Lose by, 17+ = disappointing
                        Out of it by halftime like ISU '08 and SIU '09 = unacceptable

Comment

There are no such things as moral victories. A loss to the Gophers IMO is no different than a loss to Cal-Poly or SIU. IMO there's no reason the Jacks should not take the field Saturday expecting to win. End of discussion. Period. Exclamation point.
                          I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Get drunk after the game

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                              There are no such things as moral victories. A loss to the Gophers IMO is no different than a loss to Cal-Poly or SIU. IMO there's no reason the Jacks should not take the field Saturday expecting to win. End of discussion. Period. Exclamation point.
                              Then you'd better hope this isn't your coach's pre game speech.

"We obviously understand, and the players understand, the odds of winning a game like this are way against us," South Dakota State coach John Stiegelmeier said. "You go and try to play your best football against a good team and see how you do."

Comment

that punt returner caught and took the ball at the 6, how retarded is that? plus, yes, i will beat my house that the 2007 NDSU team is better than the 2009 SDSU team. 6 NFL players right now, count them up.
                                Sorry, its facts!

Comment

Working...
                                X