Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: O'Brien or Crawford?

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    well stated,i would say give Ryan his job back with the stipulation it's based on performance to keep it.This is his last year,as much as i like TOB , i think he'd understand that he was put in for an injured starting QB, & now he's recovered from that injury.
    Seriously, did anybody hear what Stig said yesterday? When you say you feel sorry for him and hope Ryan can somehow "find fulfillment" this year, you're saying that TOB is the QB.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
      Seriously, did anybody hear what Stig said yesterday? When you say you feel sorry for him and hope Ryan can somehow "find fulfillment" this year, you're saying that TOB is the QB.
      ...didn't hear it, but it does seem to make things more clear cut. Also, unless the injury was initially diagnosed wrong, it's hard to believe Ryan is 100%.
      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

You can read that statement two way's, the way you're thinking, and, feel "sorry for" as he has suffered two injury's that have interrupted his playing career and "find fulfillment" this year (his last) by giving him his job back for him to keep or lose.Maybe I'M reading too much into that statement Re-read the statement again, it does say HOPE he finds fulfillment, doesn't sound too encouraging for Ryan I guess.
        Last edited by jackdaniel; 10-25-2009, 01:13 PM.

Comment

I heard that comment in the post-game radio interview, and I agree. It seemed like a clear statement that O'Brien is now the starter. I cannot argue with the decision.
          This space for lease.

Comment

I couldn't care less as long as the W's keep rolling in.

Comment

I doubt a decision has been made.

Comment

But, right away, when Terry I believe asked him who was going to start next weekend, he said he had "no idea" who is going to start next weekend.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Stig went on to mention in the press conference that Crawford wanted to get in the game, if only to take a knee to run out the clock.

And before that Inman & Merriam made mention of Crawford lobbying Stig hard when the Panthers were stalling out down around the Jacks 40 or thereabouts in the fourth quarter. They figured he wanted in on that series to do -something-...

Seems like the Jacks have quite a team this year.....

Comment

Even UNI coach Farley said that TOB was the difference. If he didn't play a great game, then watch out down the road!

Comment

Listen, we are on a roll. We have won some huge games with TOB starting. Keep riding the wave. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I know people don't think you can lose your starting spot to injury. But we are riding an all time high right now...keep doing what we've been doing with the people we've been doing it with.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
                        Listen, we are on a roll. We have won some huge games with TOB starting. Keep riding the wave. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
                        I guess that's how I see it. If things go bad, you've got a solid senior to come in and save the day.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I would guess the coaches at NDSU or UNI would love to have an extra QB that could step in and perform as well as RC or TOB.
                          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

It's an interesting and tough decision. My opinion is Crawford will be given every chance to start again as long as he is healthy and physically do everything he needs to. Stig's words and actions in the past indicate that to me even taking into consideration the post-game presser.

TV asked TOB about starting in the future. I heard one football staffer I was standing near get pretty upset about the question. It was a totally valid question, though, in my opinion.

They're both good quarterbacks. I think I would go with Crawford if he could prove to me he was completely healthy. I say that being a guy who thought TOB should get the job to start the year. It seems crazy to say that you wouldn't go with a guy who led you to wins over NDSU and UNI. I certainly don't say that because I think TOB played poorly. He's been great. I guess I just don't think there's a right, wrong or easy answer.

If Craw starts again, these games will greatly benefit TOB in the future.
                            Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                              Until the starter is named we can all speculate and share our opinions, which is fun to do. Stig and the staff may or may not have their minds made up at this point, although they probably do.

The old axiom is you don't lose your starting job due to an injury. It's an OLD axiom. Times change. I would bet that Stig has had plenty of conversations with Crawford to this point about his status and how things my play out should TOB have the results he's had in the last two games. It's tough to swallow one's pride, but Crawford may have told Stig that he'd understand if TOB got the nod the rest of the way. He's only one snap away from getting his job back if that's the case. Also, could he contribute in any other way (spot duty as a wide out maybe?).

One thing that cannot happen is revolving QB's. Make a decision and stick to it. Unless TOB completely folds (assuming he's the chosen one), Crawford should only see action in mop up duty or in case of injury. Vice versa if the decision is different. I haven't seen enough of either to make a sound statement. TOB looked good yesterday, but he did miss a number of throws to the flats. He showed good pocket presence, but that fumble on the sneak was not pretty. The TD to Fox was a GREAT throw, but can he do that consistently?

Great problem to have at this point I would say.

Oh, and I know we're all about one game at a time here, but I'm REALLy excited for the U of M game in November. Could be an "upset" in the making!!
                              You really think the Goof's have a chance to upset us.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                                If Craw starts again, these games will greatly benefit TOB in the future.
                                That is absolutely right! Rep points for that. I've been saying that all week.

Comment

Working...
                                X