Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: O'Brien or Crawford?

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    As long as TOB doesn't try to reach for the first down while upside down on top of the pile and fumble it. Very scary play, and he was lucky Minett was right there to recover it. Other than that, TOB has been fantastic.

As for who to start...I have no clue.
    I didn't like that either. I think he thought that the play was dead. I did see Stig tell him to use 2 hands straight forward next time.

Comment

Crawford will be starting. I know that taking out TOB is a tough decision but if Crawford struggles/get injured again (knock on wood) the coaches can be confident that TOB will step in with no problems.
      Last edited by JimmieTuba; 10-25-2009, 06:47 AM.
      Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
      -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

I personally would feel better with Crawford at the helm, but thats just me. From what I saw at the game today TOB was missing a lot of open guys that would have gotten a lot more yards and he wasn't really accurate with his throws. Yes thats probrably being too nitpicky, but we get a lot more yards if our recievers aren't diving or reaching back or jumping for the ball, but thats just my two cents. Rip into me if you want, but thats just what I noticed, and thats with a lot of liquid heat in me.
        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

I thought Stig was pretty clear on WNAX yesterday. Asked about Crawford, Stig said he "feels sorry for Ryan Crawford" and that he "hopes Ryan can find a way to be fulfilled this year."

The implication was clear to me. TOB is the starter.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Until the starter is named we can all speculate and share our opinions, which is fun to do. Stig and the staff may or may not have their minds made up at this point, although they probably do.

The old axiom is you don't lose your starting job due to an injury. It's an OLD axiom. Times change. I would bet that Stig has had plenty of conversations with Crawford to this point about his status and how things my play out should TOB have the results he's had in the last two games. It's tough to swallow one's pride, but Crawford may have told Stig that he'd understand if TOB got the nod the rest of the way. He's only one snap away from getting his job back if that's the case. Also, could he contribute in any other way (spot duty as a wide out maybe?).

One thing that cannot happen is revolving QB's. Make a decision and stick to it. Unless TOB completely folds (assuming he's the chosen one), Crawford should only see action in mop up duty or in case of injury. Vice versa if the decision is different. I haven't seen enough of either to make a sound statement. TOB looked good yesterday, but he did miss a number of throws to the flats. He showed good pocket presence, but that fumble on the sneak was not pretty. The TD to Fox was a GREAT throw, but can he do that consistently?

Great problem to have at this point I would say.

Oh, and I know we're all about one game at a time here, but I'm REALLy excited for the U of M game in November. Could be an "upset" in the making!!
            I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
              From what I saw at the game today TOB was missing a lot of open guys that would have gotten a lot more yards and he wasn't really accurate with his throws.
              Hmmm, we must've watched different games. 26-37 285 yds 2 TD's speaks for itself...against the #6 team in the nation. As far as accuracy, you are just flat wrong....watch the replay.
              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

We'll be alright with either QB. A very nice problem to have.

I'm concerned about loosing Parnell. Who's the back up out there?
                You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Rodkem Mathews
                  Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                    Hmmm, we must've watched different games. 26-37 285 yds 2 TD's speaks for itself...against the #6 team in the nation. As far as accuracy, you are just flat wrong....watch the replay.
                    Agree 100%. He completed 70% of his throws! How can anyone complain about a QB that completes that high of a percentage for almost 300 yards and two TDs?
                    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

That from a RFr in his 3rd start, at Hobo Day, against the 6th ranked team. How can anyone complain about TOB's performance?
                      You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                        That from a RFr in his 3rd start, at Hobo Day, against the 6th ranked team. How can anyone complain about TOB's performance?
                        You can't. The TOB second half redeemed anything he might have done incorrectly in the first half. TOB has come a long ways in three games.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          You can't. The TOB second half redeemed anything he might have done incorrectly in the first half. TOB has come a long ways in three games.
                          Crawford has the edge with his feet. TOB has the edge with his arm. They have both proven they can manage the game and let the defense take over. You can't go wrong with either of these guys. If I had to choose I'd put Crawford in. He doesn't have the arm TOB does but the Jacks aren't throwing the ball downfield and Craw has the better feet plus he's the senior. TOB will have his shot to start next year. Sit TOB and play #12 if he's 100%

Comment

The experience thought is no more. RC has started 4 games in his college career and was injured halfway through the 4th game. TOB has started 3 games in his college career and played most of another game (Poly).

TOB has now beaten a decent MVFC team on the road, the Jacks #1 rival and the #6 team in the country. He was very effective in all three games in spots where nerves really could have come into play.

RC and TOB both have the moxie to start for a top 10 FCS team in the country (man it feels good to say that). I think TOB has the better tools to lead this team the rest of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by AugieJackFan View Post
                              Crawford has the edge with his feet. TOB has the edge with his arm. They have both proven they can manage the game and let the defense take over. You can't go wrong with either of these guys. If I had to choose I'd put Crawford in. He doesn't have the arm TOB does but the Jacks aren't throwing the ball downfield and Craw has the better feet plus he's the senior. TOB will have his shot to start next year. Sit TOB and play #12 if he's 100%
                              Also Crawford can run better than TOB, once TOB is corned its a sack, Craw seemed to find holes and take off and that might have helped in those red zone situations yesterday. Who ever Coach Stig staff decide on works for me. Ideally a game plan that is adjustable to include both QB would be the way to go, but that would be a planning nightmare I suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by AugieJackFan View Post
                                well stated,i would say give Ryan his job back with the stipulation it's based on performance to keep it.This is his last year,as much as i like TOB , i think he'd understand that he was put in for an injured starting QB, & now he's recovered from that injury.

Comment

Working...
                                X