UNI Game Day Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNI Game Day Thread

Wasn't hard to outperform Grace yesterday.

TOB had a nice game. Still looks a bit inexperienced in selecting receivers. He's shown improvement in every game and doesn't make many poor choices. Can't complain when a RsF plays as well as he did. The Jacks have two excellant QBs on this team.
    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Just got home from B-Town and this is the best Hobo Day hangover I think I've ever had. I've gotta realize I can't drink like I did in college anymore, it hurts too bad.

Two words for that game. Simply Awesome!

They had two drives, that's it. Otherwise that Jack defense was just crazy good.

Also crazy good was the poise by some RSFR QB who had the knock that he didn't handle pressure well. Well now we know why. Because he was practicing against one of the best D's in the country. TOB on the 93 yard, game clinching drive was just great. Props to the coaches for having the gonads to call that play action pass on 3rd and goal, that's confidence in your young QB.

If the Panthers didn't see anything that hadn't seen on film before...that just means they were out executed by a better team. Simple as that.

Can we do yesterday over again? I want to see that game again.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post
        TV or someone on the live blog said there MidCon was going have a replay during the week.
        Couldn't find any info online so I called MidConn. The guy couldn't find anything on the schedule so unless someone has a tape of the game I can borrow I'm SOL.

Comment

Anybody else notice the usually quite bland Stig had a different tone in his voice after the game? You could just tell he knew what a monster of a win this is for the Jacks program.

Now maybe his toughest task of the year. Get your team ready to play after a long trip to Youngstown against a very formidable opponent coming off this win. Plus not looking forward to the game on Nov. 7th against SIU.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
            Can we do yesterday over again? I want to see that game again.
            Something crossed my mind yesterday and I was wondering what the feasibility of replaying the previous seasons big games (No more than two at a time) on the scoreboard the first or second weekend of August to get the fans excited for the upcoming season. Charge five or ten bucks and open the concession stand. If you want to sit on the field in front of the scoreboard it'll be $15 and you bring your own chairs. Make an afternoon/early evening of it, have the football players mingling throughout the crowd. Sync up the WNAX feed with the game film.

Just something I thought about when going to Brookings yesterday. Might be a good way to generate some dough.

Comment

Just reposting this after posting it earlier on the Argus site:

I would say that if the game ended at halftime, UNI could have said, "We beat ourselves," and I would have granted that as a logical comment with their turnovers, penalities and the unforced bad pitch that cost them 15 yards. However, the Panters were up 7-6 at halftime. In the second half...they just got beat. That's my take. Sure, I'm an SDSU fan, but I think I'm being logical here.
              Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

In high school I played for a 9 man team that had several prior years as a power. The team I played on was undersized but quick and not expected to win. Everyone knew our playbook, Coach Ken was predictable. Still we were able to win games against so called better temas because we executed well. Our only losses were in games we didn't execute.

Point is SDSU out "executed" (read "played") UNI. That is what the better team does to win.
                You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                  Something crossed my mind yesterday and I was wondering what the feasibility of replaying the previous seasons big games (No more than two at a time) on the scoreboard the first or second weekend of August to get the fans excited for the upcoming season. Charge five or ten bucks and open the concession stand. If you want to sit on the field in front of the scoreboard it'll be $15 and you bring your own chairs. Make an afternoon/early evening of it, have the football players mingling throughout the crowd. Sync up the WNAX feed with the game film.

Just something I thought about when going to Brookings yesterday. Might be a good way to generate some dough.
                  Something like midnight madness for basketball , except for the football program, hmmm....i like it!

Comment

Good link to the WCF Courier and those nice pics, JackguyII. The Courier also has a story posted today which shows Coach Farley and Josh Mahoney are a little more gracious in defeat. LINK

I was impressed with Mahoney as I was when I watched him in high school. The senior from Sioux Falls will be hard to replace next year.

Comment

No one -- and I mean no one-- comes into our house and pushes us around.

(That's unrelated to just about anything. I just like that they play that clip right before the game.)
                      Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99 View Post
                        Indeed. Living in West Iowa, the Iowa St win over Neb is a bonus.
                        Amen to that!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                          Good link to the WCF Courier and those nice pics, JackguyII. The Courier also has a story posted today which shows Coach Farley and Josh Mahoney are a little more gracious in defeat. LINK

I was impressed with Mahoney as I was when I watched him in high school. The senior from Sioux Falls will be hard to replace next year.
                          Like I said yesterday, his players can learn a lot from Coach Farley. Last quote from that article was SDSU played the entire 4 quarters.
                          Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Kudos to the Jacks. They outplayed one of the best teams in the conference. Very impressive. Victories like this should help funding as well as recruiting. Congratulations to everyone on and associated with the team.
                            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                              No one -- and I mean no one-- comes into our house and pushes us around.

(That's unrelated to just about anything. I just like that they play that clip right before the game.)
                              That's a great clip. I also like the gladiator one, is that from 300?
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Spoke with a UNI parent today. Was told that the Jacks would have trouble with SIU but, have a shot against the Gophs. Significant denial going on in Panther Land me thinks.

Comment

Working...
                                X