UNI Game Day Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNI Game Day Thread

I think it took the coaches a bit too long to adjust to the short yardage thing. I think they should've begun passing on 3rd & change earlier......

conversely

TV, last year, talked about Stig at times being hesitant to play a team like UNI head on---instead trying to win by out guessing, out strategizing, out plotting the other team.

What I credit SDSU for doing today, is playing strength to strength, toe to toe against UNI. They kept pounding UNI until they loosened them up.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
      One of the poor sports in the UNI press conference was Mahoney, the kid from Sioux Falls. All game long, I was saying he should be wearing blue. After hearing him, I'm glad he had to be on the losing end of this one -- his final game against SDSU.
      I won't hold it against kids who aren't the most eloquent or gracious immediately after an immensely intense game. I am sure MOST of the players will look back on Monday or Tuesday and think I wish I could have change what I said to this or that. That is making an excuse for them I know, and they should be used to it, but I can honestly say I would be saying that it was our fault and not giving credit to my opponent 'immediately' after a game.
      Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
      -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

I'm giving some props to the crowd today. Much better job, gang! Louder and more standing. Chuck Raasch's column might have hit home. Let's keep it up. Good effort!
        Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

I'm giving some props to the crowd today. Much better job, gang! Louder and more standing. Chuck Raasch's column might have hit home. Let's keep it up. Good effort!
          I know I did my part I can't talk to today from screaming all game long and saying my goodbyes to the UNI fans as they walked away from the stands.

Comment

If someone recorded the game game on tape I'd love to make a copy of it. GoJacks said the game would be on Midcontinent channel 23 in Sioux Falls but it wasn't. If you have it recorded I'd very much appreciate borrowing it. I'm in Sioux Falls. Send me a private message. Thanks!

Comment

Gotta give props to the folks in section H and J. they were great last night.
              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
              -Leo Rosten

Comment

Here is the LINK to TV's story.
                "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  What were you doing napping when you were supposed to be watching the kids? I'm telling your wife!
                  The KIDS were napping. Planned the whole day to get them down right before kick off.
                  I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

“We beat ourselves today,” said Grace, who threw for 215 yards, no touchdowns and two interceptions in the suddenly scrambling, sixth-ranked Panthers’ 24-14 loss to Missouri Valley Conference upstart South Dakota State before a crowd of 15,523. “They didn’t show us anything we didn’t see on tape or that we didn’t practice all week on. We hands down beat ourselves today.”
                    This reminds me a little of this:

The Bears are what we thought they were. They're what we thought they were. We played them in preaseason — who the hell takes a third game of the preseason like it's BS, BS!? We played them in the third game — everybody played three quarters — the Bears are who we thought they were! That's why we took the damn field. Now if you want to crown them, then crown their ass! But they are who we thought they were! And we let 'em off the hook!
                    Now, if we change that up just a little I think we can really get to what Grace was trying to say:

The Jacks are what we thought they were. They're what we thought they were. That's why we took the damn field. Now if you want to crown them, then crown their ass! But they are who we thought they were! And we let 'em off the hook!
                    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by AugieJackFan View Post
                      If someone recorded the game game on tape I'd love to make a copy of it. GoJacks said the game would be on Midcontinent channel 23 in Sioux Falls but it wasn't. If you have it recorded I'd very much appreciate borrowing it. I'm in Sioux Falls. Send me a private message. Thanks!
                      TV or someone on the live blog said there MidCon was going have a replay during the week.
                      Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                      -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Grace is dead wrong. SDSU beat UNI solidly. Grace just played poorly. A coworker with a son playing for UNI texted me during half time stating the UNI fans thought Grace should've been benched at half.

On the other hand the Jacks played as well as I've ever seen. Well there was that game against USD in the 80's. But, otherwise as well as I've ever seen. Next up Youngstown.
                        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Grace certainly does not know how to be Gracious to his opponent. I think their players, coaches and some fans are so used to success they don't know how to act when they are on the losing end. IMHO UNI places far to much emphasis on beating in-state FBS programs and if they don't it's a huge letdown for the balance of their season.

Comment

The crowd was much better. Still took a big play (Fox's TD) to get them really fired up.

Our family's seats are in lower G and most times I was the only one standing on 3rd down for the first 20 rows. The rest of the crowd was on their feet. Was loud enough, hardly heard Stig's brother the whole game.

Time to get new seats.

Comment

Some nice photos from the WFC Courier: http://wcfcourier.com/sports/college...=image&photo=1

Comment

Was a star born on Hobo Day? TOB outplayed their quarterback, hands down. From TV's game story. These are some awesome big-game numbers.

Again filling in for injured senior Ryan Crawford, O'Brien went 26 of 37 for 285 yards with two scores and - for the third time in as many career starts - zero turnovers against a UNI defense that came in ranked fifth in the FCS in scoring defense. By comparison, Panthers senior quarterback Pat Grace - a candidate for the Walter Payton Award - ran for 27 yards and two touchdowns, but had fewer completions (21) on more attempts (38) with two interceptions.

Comment

Working...
                                X