Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hobo Day-UNI Panthers

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    They turned students away from the student section last week.
    I was about to post that this is a good problem to have, but . . . no, actually it isn't a good problem to have. The students are, all of them, paying customers, through their activity fees--at least I think that's still the case.

Anyway, we shouldn't be in a position where the athletic department has to turn students away--at least until such time as we are in a position to transition from student fees to some kind of student ticket sales, so that the students who want to go can buy the tickets and the students who don't won't be required to pay for it.

(My libertarian streak is showing, here, and yes, I've got a pretty good idea how extremely problematic that shift would be.)

If this continues to be an issue, we might have to bite the bullet, set aside X seats for the students, and go to some kind of lottery for student tickets to avoid turning them away at the gate.

Nope, not a good problem to have at all. But a better problem than not having students show up at all, I guess.

We obviously need a bigger stadium, ASAP.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
      Rainy days like today are a good argument for Field Turf. A fieldhouse, too. I hope wet weather isn't screwing up practice for the UNI game.
      The only thing screwing up practice this week is the Bobcats game tomorrow night, meaning tomorrow's Jackrabbit practice schedule is kind of screwed

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
        They turned students away from the student section last week.
        Are you saying they weren't allowed in that section or turned back outside the stadium and had to buy GA tickets? I am guessing the former, but just wanted to make sure I understood.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
          Are you saying they weren't allowed in that section or turned back outside the stadium and had to buy GA tickets? I am guessing the former, but just wanted to make sure I understood.
          I would think that they were just turned away from the student section and had to stand along the fence or endzone bleachers. If they were turned away at the gate then I think the higher ups need a talking to.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
            They just had to stand somewhere else from what I saw. Just glad I got there early! Almost didn't get a rail spot, and I was an hour early! Going to have to get there an hr and a half early this time, and some longer lasting drinkable heat
            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
              The only thing screwing up practice this week is the Bobcats game tomorrow night, meaning tomorrow's Jackrabbit practice schedule is kind of screwed
              The Jacks don't practice on the game field, so don't be upset, our practice will not be affected... Thursday are helmet only days, as we go through all situations on the single crown (just east of the game field), and end with 2 minute drill.

The Panthers are 4.5 point favorites this weekend - I'll take the Jacks plus the points!!! Money in the bank.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                I sure hope we don't have to read a story this week about "Panther leftovers".
                On the other side you have Josh Mahoney.
                http://www.unipanthers.com/sports/m-...ey_josh00.html
                You can't listen to a UNI game on the radio without hearing his name being called all the time.

Comment

Indiana, North Carolina St, San Jose St, Louisville, Louisiana Tech, Temple, Western Michigan, Texas A&M, Northwestern, San Diego St, Toledo, Arkansas St, Central Florida, Syracuse, Louisiana-Lafayette, Buffalo, Wyoming, Hawaii, Middle Tennessee, Washington St, UTEP, UNLV, Maryland, UAB, Fla. International, Illinois, Florida Atlantic, Utah St, Kent St, Akron, Vanderbilt, Tulane, Memphis, Army, North Texas, Miami-Ohio, New Mexico St, New Mexico , Ball St, Rice, Western Kentucky, Eastern Michigan

All the Football Bowl Subdivision teams that SDSU is ranked ahead of in the Sagarin Ratings. SDSU is ranked 89th, UNI is ranked 73rd.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                    They just had to stand somewhere else from what I saw. Just glad I got there early! Almost didn't get a rail spot, and I was an hour early! Going to have to get there an hr and a half early this time, and some longer lasting drinkable heat
                    Not sure if you stopped the body painting after the first game, but if you were painted do what we did: move people out of the way

Comment

• Re: Hobo Day-UNI Panthers

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                      Not sure if you stopped the body painting after the first game, but if you were painted do what we did: move people out of the way
                      No worries man, thats what I did. Ended up being the lone ranger by the end of the game. Sissys
                      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
                        Two teams going nowhere in the SD HS playoffs are going to destroy a field for two teams with FCS playoff hopes. There's no way with the amount of rain and the way it just soaked and soaked the ground they don't ruin the field tonight.

Terrible, terrible decision by SDSU the day they took the check for those lights.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                          Terrible, terrible decision by SDSU the day they took the check for those lights.
                          If you say so.

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...0326/-1/VOICES

Jackrabbit fans called out in the Argus Leader today. Read up, take pride in your team and get out there 2:00 Saturday with your vocal cords and show your team you appreciate them!

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              If you say so.
                              Said it before and I'll say it again.

Comment

I'm told that TOB will start Saturday. #12 will be in uniform and ready to play if needed.
                                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                                X