http://www.pantagraph.com/sports/col...cc4c002e0.html

Comment

• Re: Hobo Day-UNI Panthers

Lots of press for the Jacks

http://www.thesouthern.com/sports/co...cc4c03286.html

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
          From the Article: SDSU leads the country in scoring defense, allowing 12.3 points per game. UNI, which allows an average of 13.1 points per game, is second.

Should the Jackrabbits get by UNI, it would, historically, almost guarantee its first Football Championship Subdivision playoff berth. Fifteen teams in MVFC history began the league season 5-0, and all of them finished second or higher in the conference. Only one of them didn't make the playoffs.

"There's a lot of games still to be played, but this is one that can change the face of SDSU football," Stiegelmeier said.

RR's take: This is spot on. Win this game and Jacks have arrived. In polls, Jacks would move to about 8th, and could lose to both SIU and Minn and still make play-offs. Lose this game, and Jacks MUST win vs SIU, to be co-champ in a 3 way tie at top. That would put Jacks in as the #3 seed out of the MoValley as Jacks would be the lowest rated of the three teams. Hobo Day '09, DOES NOT GET BIGGER THAN THIS!

Comment

I'm sure it has been posted here somewhere but I couldn't find it... is this game televised?

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
              Hobo Day '09, DOES NOT GET BIGGER THAN THIS!
              This is easily one of the biggest games in CAS history.

Comment

Originally posted by Crashola View Post
                This is easily one of the biggest games in CAS history.
                Only two games come into the same realm.

SDSU vs NDSU 2007 - For the GWFC championship vs #1 rated team in nation.

SDSU vs USD (86?) - #1 rated team in for game with arch-rival.

What was missing in both those games were the positive upside to advance to play-offs for the Jacks. This year, that's a HUGE difference. Jacks are at the threshold of being viewed not as a good team having a great year, but as a CONSTANT play-off team. This game can really have the Jackrabbit faithful hopping, or keep us on the edge til the last of the season.

Comment

Best wishes on your game Saturday. It is a HUGE game for State.

Even bigger now for UNI

Comment

ARE YOU READY!!!???? Truck is loaded up with tailgating supplies. Long johns are packed just in case. Heading out after oldest daughter finishes dance class this evening. Might even try to get into O'Hares tonite.

Planning to hit the parade for a little bit and then off to the backyard to set things up.

If our defense steps up and contains Grace and their backs (contain is the key) we should be able to run the ball and chip away with conservative accurate short passes. No penalties, no turnovers and take control of field position. Whichever defense asserts itself first is likely to control field position in the first half and therefore command the pace of the game. One or two bad punts/kickoffs and you put your defense at a big disadvantage. Going to be fun, that is for sure.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                      Only two games come into the same realm.

SDSU vs NDSU 2007 - For the GWFC championship vs #1 rated team in nation.

SDSU vs USD (86?) - #1 rated team in for game with arch-rival.
                      The 2007 is the biggest (and best) game I've seen in nearly 15 years at CAS.

The stakes are now higher with playoff implecations. So...I guess I'm saying this is the biggest game in recent history for the Jacks, as of right now. Get on the "map" or sit and look at it for awhile longer.

We are now under 24 hours to kickoff, I am already pumped up. Our players have to be bursting at the seams ready to go.

Getcha popcorn ready folks, this is gonna be a blast!

Comment

I even hate to admit this, but I took off early from work so I could have everything ready so when wife gets home from school...away we go. You would think someone in their mid 40's like myself, would outgrow their love for Hobo Day. Everything is ready, so let's roll. GO JACKS!!!

Comment

What's the weather forecast looking like up there?

(granted, your weather is probably similar to ours in how quickly it changes, which decreases the accuracy of forecasts. heh)

Comment

I saw this morning, 51, SW wind 10-20. Partly cloudy

Comment

Originally posted by JayJ79 View Post
                              What's the weather forecast looking like up there?

(granted, your weather is probably similar to ours in how quickly it changes, which decreases the accuracy of forecasts. heh)
                              Partly Cloudy, 50 degrees, wind 10-15 mph.

It did rain about 1" on Wednesday about 50 miles south of B-town and I think they got about the same.

Comment

With two of the statistically top defenses in the FCS, this could really come down to field position. Getting first downs and punting may not be a bad thing, for awhile. Three and out and punt to midfield is a recipe for a bad outcome. The team forcing punts from inside the opponent 15 yd line is going to have a huge advantage. Obviously scoring is necessary, but keeping the opponent on their side of midfield is important. I don't see a shootout.

IF the Jacks get the lead, they need to get the killer instinct in their eye on offense. They could have beat the Bison by 4 TD's last week. They had the killer instinct on defense, not so much on offense. The Panthers are a better team than the Bison and have played in more big games than the Jacks with their playoff experience, they will know how to come from behind. When you get the enemy down, don't get up and turn around and let him kick your @$$ from the blindside...head-butt him, bloody him up and knock him out!

Comment

Working...
                                X